Newbie aka Starion-girl

Starion-girl

That 87 service manual will throw you into some problems on a 88 car,there are free pdf downloads somewhere,i have them on my puter if needed for a 88.I also noticed you had a 87 shifter boot,but the 88 seats.Yhe conquest taillights would look great on that car.Alot of people ligh the usdm starion tails but i perfer the chrysler conquest ones.No amber,all red.

Also the usdm side mirrors look better,they are also heated and power,not sure if yours are or not.

I bet that car would bring a mint over in the us,people pay crazy money for a right hand drive car,dont make sence to me but hey,money is money!

I see you have some mods,care to share?Back when 1990 i remember the hottest chick in town had a new 89 red/black leather tsi 5 speed.Im sure it was a shp and her blonde hair,i thought she looked like vanna white,lol-I was 10

Edited by 2manytoyz

What suspension options do you guys have over there in the UK?

We don't have many suspension options here in the UK its more of the case you'll be able to get lowering springs made by SPAX but coilovers arn't that easy to come by so most likly will have to be imported from the US.

That 87 service manual will throw you into some problems on a 88 car,there are free pdf downloads somewhere,i have them on my puter if needed for a 88.I also noticed you had a 87 shifter boot,but the 88 seats.Yhe conquest taillights would look great on that car.Alot of people ligh the usdm starion tails but i perfer the chrysler conquest ones.No amber,all red.

Also the usdm side mirrors look better,they are also heated and power,not sure if yours are or not.

I bet that car would bring a mint over in the us,people pay crazy money for a right hand drive car,dont make sence to me but hey,money is money!

I see you have some mods,care to share?Back when 1990 i remember the hottest chick in town had a new 89 red/black leather tsi 5 speed.Im sure it was a shp and her blonde hair,i thought she looked like vanna white,lol-I was 10

As far as i know from what can been seen on the car the tail lights have been changed from the UK original ones, also the Cats have been taken out, but under the bonnet i dont think any big mods have been done mainly just pipe/hose replacement... been looking into purchasing a Balance shaft eliminator kit from Top-End Preformance as Chris mentioned that the 2.6's have some Problems with the 'Head' cracking due to the jets.

got any parts cars????

We don't currently have any parts cars, myself Chris and my Brother have a starion each all are either long term projects or restoration work, to be honest i dont think i could 'part out' a starion as i believe its a shame.

We mainly get our parts from starion breakers within the UK.

How are those silicone boost hoses holdin up for ya?

As far as i know there ok, that i cant be certain of with not actually ever driving the car since i bought her. Its the previous owner who decided to replace them but im thinking about converting them back to hardpipes

As far as i know there ok, that i cant be certain of with not actually ever driving the car since i bought her. Its the previous owner who decided to replace them but im thinking about converting them back to hardpipes

I wonder if they'll balloon under boost...

We don't currently have any parts cars, myself Chris and my Brother have a starion each all are either long term projects or restoration work, to be honest i dont think i could 'part out' a starion as i believe its a shame.

We mainly get our parts from starion breakers within the UK.

i didnt say part-out a good car,surly there are wrecked or the like,,,right???,i would be interested in parts,,if possible

is there any USA parts you may want or need????there are parts you guys/gals have that i want

such as,, anything Right hand drive,,dash,,,brake and clutch & brake pedals and booster???

are you willing to work with me on parts????or know of someone who would be????trade parts????

Edited by quikconq

been looking into purchasing a Balance shaft eliminator kit from Top-End Preformance as Chris mentioned that the 2.6's have some Problems with the 'Head' cracking due to the jets.

Not sure of TEP's BSE pricing but I would compare it to http://www.enginemachineservice.com/conquest.html as TEP likes to overprice(Haven't personally checked on that specific item though). Also the balance shafts and the jet valves are two different things. A stock head will have jet valves and essentially they are prime spots for cracking. You will find that a lot of new head castings state without jet valves. You may be thinking of a jet valve elimination kit rather than a balance shaft elimination kit. That kit is basically taking out the jet valves and filling and sealing(o-rings on the bolt) the holes they used.

Edited by ColdScrip

Alright Sis?

I am the elusive brother she has mentioned who owns the white 2.0 you can see in the background of the pics. I have a build thread on here in the restoration part.

I have to say that it has been so long since i sat in the seats of mine tht the minute i sat in this one it made me a bit emotional. Just looking at it remind sme of mine.

Hopefully soon all three will be on the road, although i have to say that mine will be a trailer queen after all the work i have had done on her.

Looking forwrd to seeing this on the road, even more so sat behind the wheel of her.

As for parts like has already been mentioned before, these cars are extremeley scarce now, i can count the amount of road going ones that i know of on both hands

Blame that on rampaging rot, expensive dealer parts and the raping of them for their engine for kit cars, their survival rate has not been great.

As a result the only parts we have at the moment are to be refitted to our three vehicles, we dont rwally have any to part out. If we do however we will let you guys know.

I understand in the US you go crazy for our back lights and in return i long for some rear louvres and some window seals that aren't rotten. If i get my hands on a pair of lights i will let you guys know first.

Cheers, DAN

Hey Bro!

Thanks for the post Yeh i can't wait to have all the 3 starions on the road n you know for a fact you couldnt face trailoring yours everywhere as you loved drivin her too much :) need to start work on my wheels gettin all the corrosion off this weekend then when Chris gets a DA i'll probs end up giving them a polish :)

Livy

I understand in the US you go crazy for our back lights and in return i long for some rear louvres and some window seals that aren't rotten. If i get my hands on a pair of lights i will let you guys know first.

Cheers, DAN

I have a rear louver, kind of bashed up and no mounting brackets though just sitting in storage.

On my day off yesterday i decided to accompany Chris down to the unit and do a little bit of tinkering on the Starion, he replaced the rocker cover gasket as the old one was dripping oil allover he said it looks like it hadn't been changed for a long time as it was soild LOL. Following that replacemnt we decided to start her up as i hadn't heard her running since i purchased her back in July09...to be honest i got a shock as to how well she sounded considering how long shes been stood. We did notice some oil burning off from around the turbo/manifold area so will need to have a look into that :).

As i'm not a qualified mechanic i decided to leave Chris to it and get on with something that is more my 'forte' paintwork and general repairs, the wheels are slightly corroded and in need for a good flatten and clean up... heres the result....

Before

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/100nxbabe/Photo0295.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/100nxbabe/Photo0294.jpg

After 1hour25mins of flattening and cleaning....

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/100nxbabe/Photo0293.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/100nxbabe/Photo0292.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/100nxbabe/Photo0291.jpg

Only managed to do the outter rim and one spoke but you can definately see the difference... 3 more to go LOL

Found this also...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/100nxbabe/Photo0300.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/100nxbabe/Photo0297.jpg

I suppose it could be worse but i'm wanting to attend to that somewhat before she goes for her MOT within the next few months.

As she is now..

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/100nxbabe/Photo0296.jpg

Livy aka Starion-Girl

We don't have many suspension options here in the UK its more of the case you'll be able to get lowering springs made by SPAX but coilovers arn't that easy to come by so most likly will have to be imported from the US.

Ive heard of SPAX, do you have them on your car? How much do they lower it?