Proud new 89 TSi Owner

shogun121

Hey everyone! I picked up my 89 TSi about 2 weeks ago. Have always loved these cars, when I was a kid my neighbor across the street had a Starion and I fell in love with it. Now I have one to call my own. Its an 89 Conquest TSi, 106k mi with a 5 speed, and SHP(I think)8/9 inch wheels. One female owner since new, until I got it a few days ago. The interiors freaking nice, with black leather and NICE side bolsters, and Conquest script floor mats!(yay! lol). Even the A/C is cold. She stopped driving it 3 years ago and got a new Mini convertible so this sat since then until i rescued her. Needed a new master cylinder,battery and still needs a good tuneup and shocks up front but I bought it for $800 so I think its a bargain for a running car. Anyway, I just wanted to say whats up, I live in Chicago and am hoping to contribute to the club. Thanks again!

post-16137-1245272480_thumb.jpg

post-16137-1245272515_thumb.jpg

post-16137-1245272531_thumb.jpg

post-16137-1245272548_thumb.jpg

Guest Kenmarrow
From what I have seen you stole the car... It's finds like these that kill sales :( Can you edit your post and remove what you paid for it.. :) Just Kidding... Welcome to the site... Hope you enjoy your new car.... Ken

Nice car, nice to see a save like that....good price too. I would take these cars over a Mini any day.

Do you need a front pass fender or is the black spot behind the wheel well just the photo taken at a weird angle?

Edited by silverarrow89

Nice car, nice to see a save like that....good price too. I would take these cars over a Mini any day.

Do you need a front pass fender or is the black spot behind the wheel well just the photo taken at a weird angle?

looks like rust to me.

Hey everyone! I picked up my 89 TSi about 2 weeks ago. Have always loved these cars, when I was a kid my neighbor across the street had a Starion and I fell in love with it. Now I have one to call my own. Its an 89 Conquest TSi, 106k mi with a 5 speed, and SHP(I think)8/9 inch wheels. One female owner since new, until I got it a few days ago. The interiors freaking nice, with black leather and NICE side bolsters, and Conquest script floor mats!(yay! lol). Even the A/C is cold. She stopped driving it 3 years ago and got a new Mini convertible so this sat since then until i rescued her. Needed a new master cylinder,battery and still needs a good tuneup and shocks up front but I bought it for $800 so I think its a bargain for a running car. Anyway, I just wanted to say whats up, I live in Chicago and am hoping to contribute to the club. Thanks again!

damn nice freakin steal good to see it saved

looks like rust to me.

Yeah, unfortunately its been a Chicago car all its life, and although it was garaged it wasnt immune to our weather. That spot is rust through on the small "triangle" that connects the front fender to side ground effect. It also has bubbling around rear wheel wells and in both rockers but the car shows extremely well. All in all Im very happy with it and get looks and get asked what kind of car that is all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome! Did you ever live in VA by chance? Nice car!

Thanks for the welcome and my car thanks you for the compliment! ;) Ive been a Chicago guy all my life. Is there a someone trying to steal my identity in VA? Cause then I can send the bill collectors that way lol :hmm3grin2orange:

lol just checking, there was a member in VA who went by the name of shogun on here. He ripped some people off so just gotta check. I am originally from the Chicago area, grew up in Itasca just south of Schaumburg. There are some Questers in the area, they just don't post much.

And you should send your bill collectors his way, karma is a complain. lol

Holy crap!! I can't believe you got a car that nice for 800 bucks!!! I'm looking at one today for half that and it doesn't even come with a motor!

lol just checking, there was a member in VA who went by the name of shogun on here. He ripped some people off so just gotta check. I am originally from the Chicago area, grew up in Itasca just south of Schaumburg. There are some Questers in the area, they just don't post much.

And you should send your bill collectors his way, karma is a complain. lol

Nah wasnt me, I do all my ripping off close to home j/k :eek1bluegreen:

Ive been posting as shogun121 since 1996 when I had a 92 Taurus SHO supercharged and was trying to swap in a SHO 3.0 into a Festiva ala Shogun like Jay Lenos. Project never came to fruition and I eventually sold the SHO but kept the name. Jeez 1996 seems like a lifetime ago lol

Holy crap!! I can't believe you got a car that nice for 800 bucks!!! I'm looking at one today for half that and it doesn't even come with a motor!

Thanks! And I thought these cars were rare, apparently I got one of the rarest R04 Conquests ... a running,driving one lol

• 11 months later...
Very nice car! I too have a 89 tsi shp. Mine was a little harder to get though. Long story short i had a civic traded it for an 88 mustang gt with a 302 then traded the mustang for the conquest. Which I love it is the other baby in my family now. You got the car for a great deal too!!!

Doh, I've been tricked lol! I just noticed that when I did a view properties on the thumbnail and saw 2009 in the address...I was like "WAIT!"! lol

I blame it on my89questtsi! lol

To others reading this...there is nothing to see here, please keep on walking....err....surfing!

Edited by Jehu