Megasquirt Direct Coil Control

Where are you currently connected to for a tach signal? Stock dizzy? MSD unit or ??

The direct coil control (using the high current ignition driver I assume) has nothing to do with the tach signal.

*EDIT* Just saw you said tach signal, not spark. Are you not getting a tach signal to your stock tach, to MS, etc??

Were you using another method for spark before? To use DCC your MS must be setup for it; I.E. you must solder a few points w/ wire under the MS board for it to use the DCC driver.

I'm using DCC w/ modded Dist and MSD 8509 and no troubles starting up.

-Justin

Edited by Evil_Betty

*EDIT* Just saw you said tach signal, not spark. Are you not getting a tach signal to your stock tach, to MS, etc??

Were you using another method for spark before? To use DCC your MS must be setup for it; I.E. you must solder a few points w/ wire under the MS board for it to use the DCC driver.

I'm using DCC w/ modded Dist and MSD 8509 and no troubles starting up.

-Justin

your talking about the Jumpers for the high current circuit? that is how my board is setup.

what is modded in your dist?

what version of MS are you using?

with MS2 3.0 i don't need a stabilizer of any kind, the ECu can read the sin wave of a vr sensor, but i'm thinking the sensor i am currently using actually sends a square wave... i'm still not too sure of that.

it won't matter which signal you've got, either a square or sine wave will work the same. MS is just looking for the "crossover" point on the wave. Adjusting the pots on the MS will help "see" that crossover also.

Have you tried changing the input? going high to going low or vice versa? Swapping the wires on the vr sensor will do the same thing also.

if you still have the caravan ignition module remove it and install the stock bridge module.

i'm thinking with the caravan module installed you are not receiving a proper signal for the ms to use.

i am unsure of which wire will be the ground and which will be pin 24, but it will not produce a signal if it is wired backwards.

Yeah, I was talking about the jumpers.

DCC for MS

Here is how I modded my distributor ::

FIP's dist. mod

As mentioned above, if you have the caravan module, that may be the culprit.

I'm running MS2 v3.0. Check out the Megasquirt tables sticky thread as I've put my info up there.

I tried to use a MSD6a and tach adapter but could never get it to fire right; me and it didn't seem to get along. I switched to DCC and had it running within a day. We'll get you running, might just take a while.

-Justin

Edited by Evil_Betty

Yeah, I was talking about the jumpers.

DCC for MS

Here is how I modded my distributor ::

FIP's dist. mod

As mentioned above, if you have the caravan module, that may be the culprit.

I'm running MS2 v3.0. Check out the Megasquirt tables sticky thread as I've put my info up there.

I tried to use a MSD6a and tach adapter but could never get it to fire right; me and it didn't seem to get along. I switched to DCC and had it running within a day. We'll get you running, might just take a while.

-Justin

so your not using the "caravan" sensor or any of that? your just using the stock sensor?

Yeah, I'm not using the caravan sensor. Just the stock sensor and modded exactly like the one in the link above.

-Justin

Alright, i think i'm gonna toss this caravan sensor and find a stock sensor