Building a G54B right?

Don't need new rods and just reg wisco pistons will be fine. New Cam and a ported clear water head, MPI and ECU new IC and IC pipes and EX 3in New clutch Stock Tranny will be all right, just dont beat on to much if you keep street tires it should be fine for some time. I think you might be all right like I said with 6500-7500 range

Well I already have a full turbo back 3" with only a muffler. I have a near new six puck with 240MM flywheel from starquestJOE. I am trying to get buy an intercooler off my dad that he was going to put on his talon.

Also Technology tell me more about this 4g64 and the stoker setup and what kind of numbers I am looking @. If I go for a motor swap I would like to achieve 500HP but I do only have 400HP set as a minimum goal for my Graduation Project.

I don't make aceloads of cash but I do work at BK and now that summer is here I will be getting much more hours.

I also still have the 85.5 to make me money.

I have a bunch of other crap to also make me money.

I also plan to hold a few car shows and charge a minimal fee after the first 2 or 3 shows. maybe like $5 a person.

Sounds like your open to the 4G swap now???? Honestly from the 4 years I have been restoring, building, and piecing things together. If I had it to do over again I would do a 4G swap. But I also want the car to be high HP (my goal was 400HP) and to drive the piss out of it (guted car etc)

I'm looking for a Daily driver with 400HP+ no gutting of anything, except A/C maybe.

I think your timeframe is to short even for just the learning curve to achieve that goal unless you have mad amounts of cash to throw at it or a rediculous amount of know how with stand alones.

I think this might be achievable with a 4g63 swap.

Lots of good advice on here.

One thing that caught my attention in the original post, that seems to have gone unnoticed;

You want to stay ahead of your friends S10 with an 88 t-coupe drivetrain.

Well I don't want to start a debate in here, but I have owned a ford 2.3l-T and G54B.

And even if you can meet your goal of reliable 400hp from the 54B by end of year, he has a couple things on you.

He's got you hands down on parts diversity and cost. He can make more hp on less cash, and he can go about it in more ways than you.

For instance his T5 or C4 can be made indestructible regarding the power out-put range we're talking about. He also has a s**t-load more options when it comes to diff and rear gear. His engine is over-square, MPI, and re-flashable right off the bat. He can go single or DOHC, iron or alluminum. Hell he can run a roots blower if he wants. Not to mention he weighs a load less.

The one place your quest is going to have a huge advantage is at the launch. I've worked with a couple 2.3l-T S10's before, one was a highschool friends that we purpose built for bench racing, and traction is the issue. Pay close attention to your rear suspension components, and trans. Consider a trans swap to something with more rear gear choices, and lock-up. But whatever you do make sure you can snap your power to the ground.

If you can do that you won't need nearly the same power to smoke him.

we purpose built for bench racing, and traction is the issue.

LOL... what's purpose built bench racing?? Work bench racing?? Pretty sure traction is unlimited in work bench racing... but... I've not had much experience in that form of "racing".

Maybe it's a Canaduh thing??

-Robert

LOL... what's purpose built bench racing?? Work bench racing?? Pretty sure traction is unlimited in work bench racing... but... I've not had much experience in that form of "racing".

Maybe it's a Canaduh thing??

-Robert

What you guy's don't put bench's for people in the bed of your trucks, well then how do you get traction in a 400hp S-10?

lol..."bracket racing"

That's not even my worst misfire yesterday.

On a turbo dodge forum I replied to a post about lock-up torque converters, and referred to them through out as "line-lock" torque converters.

Did I mention my wife is pregnant again....

Edited by 86TSiGuy

Alright well I have deveolped a rod knock yesterday and got worse today,especially since today was the last day of school and i had to have a little fun and leave the school sideways, I didn't know it was a rod knock yesterday i just heard a tapping sound and i had 50lbs of oil pressure so i thought nothing of it.

So I'm pulling the 85.5 motor today or tomorrow ans swapping the blocks over.

Where can i get this 4G64, Brian Crower 2.6L Stroker Kit, and Worked DOHC head?

Also what numbers can i expect with that setup running a 14B for now but will get upped to a 20G.

^ as for what numbers you can exspect it depends on your budget.

Going to that motor the skys the limit, with 7K to throw at it you could easily be in the 500's

Take a look at high H/P eclipses evo's etc for there H/P numbers not necesarly there ET's but there HP and Torq numbers will give you an idea.

Edited by jszucs

• 2 weeks later...

400hp on a budget... lets see.

journal bearing 60-1 76AR or 82AR

adapted stock manifold

3.0 exhaust

adapted stock intercooler

MPI w/ megasquirt fuel and ignition control

50 - 75 shot nitrous

Mechanical Cam

8810 valve springs

Ajusa HG w/ ARP studs

8.1 or lower pistons.

Healthy stocks trans will hold it.

Clutch to hold it.

Shoot for 350whp on boost alone and keep it under 30psi unless you plan to O-ring. Then spray for the rest.

Thatll get you to 400whp and 475+ tq. hold on tight.