Oscar_the_Grouch aka Oscar

Dan

Guest surferdude

Oscar is awesome.  I bought a 12a turbo and his SS oil feed line - excellent communication, competitive pricing (especially on the SS oil feed lines), customer service, and shipping.  He is a man of his word.  

Thanks, Oscar!

Derek

• 1 month later...

I basically wanted to say what everybody else has said.  OSCAR IS THE TICKET WITH THE SS BRAID HOSE.  I have bought the ABS line and just received my PS lines and both times I was very impressed with the whole transaction.  Communication was even excellent.

Thanks again from me and all the other quest owners for making these type of products our cars. ( that my wife thinks is ugly,lol)...

James

• 4 weeks later...
Purchased a set of fuel injectors from Oscar...he said they came with a warranty to be good....and he kept his word.  For some odd reason, the primary injector continued to leak.  He promptly sent a replacement that seems fine.  He even followed up with a phone call.  He says he's not happy until you are happy and he means it !! Thanks Oscar

Oscar, well I don't know where to start with this character....

Me and Oscar have been dealing on and off for what I would say a good part of 2 years. First it was an oil feed line, and ended up with entire SS lines throughout my engine bay. He's always been a fair man to me, and we've gotten to "know" each other over the internet and we've talked on the phone many times. This man is someone I would deal with the rest of my life, if he has a part that I need and so does someone else, Oscar would be the first in line. I recommend the use of Oscars services to anyone on this board. If you need SS lines, call him he has most of them, I even helped out with a few.

So in conclusion, he's like a brother to me, I'd go out on a limb for him and infact, I've gotten a car for him. He's an awesome gentleman, with good manners and a sense of pride, and integrity.

Thanks again Oscar, for everything you have and continue to do....

Glenn

• 3 months later...

Bellow is a complaint I received by surferdude regarding one of my transactions, he posted it in a different thread but I wanted to make sure it made it on the propper thread for all of you to read.

Introduction:

I bought a rebuilt 12a turbo and SS turbo oil feed line from Oscar back in early July, 2004.  

Results of transaction:

TURBO:  Good, except that the housing wasn't clocked correctly, it was shipped properly and prepped for installation.  The turbo has worked excellent and I'm very happy with this aspect of doing business with Oscar.

SS OIL FEED LINE:  Bad.  I received the SS line and one fitting, not two as it requires for installation.  No biggie in my book.  The second fitting was promised to be delivered asap - that was over six months ago.  I've been in contact with Oscar over the past 6 months, waiting patiently and being very cooperative, while he has had supplier issues and researchced/tested a different fitting.  My last two emails, sent on 01/13/05 & 01/19/05, have not been replied to in Oscar's customary prompt manner.   Thus, my decision to post my dissatisfaction with his inability to supply what I paid for and rendering an otherwise excellent product useless.

Summary:  Will I buy from Oscar again?  Probably not, now that I've been ignored concerning the one part I need which has been promised for six months and not delivered.  

Closing:  If you've bought one of his SS oil feed lines in the last six months, and have received both fittings, please let me know.

Oscar, if you're reading this, please give me an update on the status of the new fitting.

Thanks,

Derek

1986 TSi

Bellow is my reply to his complaint

Like I mentioned on my earlier e-mail to you, I did not received the previous e-mail you are reffering to. I am not saying you did not send them I am just saying I did not get them. You have access to all my e-mails as well as everyone on this board as well as PM's so I was not hidding or avoiding you by any means.

I will not willingly or purpously ignore or avoid ANY e-mails or PMs from anyone concernig ANY topic or matter. Specially concerning a sale that can jeperdize future sales or a bad reputation with the club.

You have ALL THE RIGHT to be upset with my service as I am as well. I did not provide you with the service of promt delivery of parts as promised. But it was and IS out of my hands. My supplier in the UK is no longer replying to e-mails or phone calls, I am currenlty working with one in Hawaii.

I will be more than happy to provide you with an aluminum addapter or the adapters that TEP and Lower Shores Performance provides with their lines that will "CROSS THREAD" your turbo housing and will eventually leak on you if you ever remove the line for any reason But that will be against my ethics.

So if this transaction causes me to loose you as a custumer well I brought this up on myself and with no help from anyone else.

Please post this feedback on tristarion as well as I will like everyone to know that I am not perfect BY FAR and that I failed to provide you with the service you expected, but I do admit my mistakes and accept responsability even if its out of my control to deliver the promised product.

Thank you

Oscar (The Grouch)

Just so you know Surferdude, I am in tight contact with Oscar, and have been for awhile. He's supplied me with enough SS line to run an oil line from the Pacific to the Atlantic. I two was/still am awaiting a fitting, but it has been out of his hands. The fitting that I seek he could not get, due to race season, or other causes and is not his fault. He did supply you with good parts which should be/and is ackwoledged... Oscar is a good man and he does go out of his way for most people. He goes far beyond the call of a good business man. He also goes out of town a lot on photo shoots(he's a photographer) and if he doesn't replay promptly, he's most likely out at work... He's a hard working man and no one should blame this on his account as he supplies the club with far too many assests... This is just my opinion and no one esles....

I'm sorry that there has a been a mix up, and I'm sure Oscar is doing/has been doing everything he can to make it right.

Later Oscar, Glenn

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oscar is the greatest! I sent him about $800's in gaskets to ship out for me for the GP. He could easily kept them and make a profit. But he did ship them, and ship them very well packed. They were packed better than I could have. I'm still waiting to know what I owe him for shipping. He said he would let me know when he got back into town. $800 is alot of money, so you should have no worry about him.

Thanks again Oscar! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 6 months later...