"main" relay?

I'm looking to know exactly what I'm doing before i start my rewiring job,

what does Mitsubishi consider the "main" relay? and where is it located?

I know Toyota calls it a circuit opening relay... but i can't seem to find it.

Kyle..are you talking about the relay for your computer supply? I think most people consider it the main relay. its the "big" relay next to the heater box...If you take the glove box out you can see it.

Kyle..are you talking about the relay for your computer supply? I think most people consider it the main relay. its the "big" relay next to the heater box...If you take the glove box out you can see it.

yes! thanks!

is that where your running your power line from? which wire is it?

No...I was on my old car. The relay was bad on this car and I didn't feel like replacing it...lol...I ran a 10 ga power supply straight from the battery to a switch...the "main" toggle power switch gives power to a 6 prong fuse block..which I have injectors...fuel pump...computer...and some other stuff powered off of...the switch can handle 15amps...and I'm still below 10 for the whole block...so I don't worry about it much.

I did basically the same thing, used the stock main relay at first, but have since changed it. I don't recall the wire colors off hand, but if you look at the stock wiring diagram, it's pretty straightforward.

I did basically the same thing, used the stock main relay at first, but have since changed it. I don't recall the wire colors off hand, but if you look at the stock wiring diagram, it's pretty straightforward.

any reason why you changed?

Well i did some more looking and it looks like those were a ground, an O2 and a power wire from the relay. So i'm set to go, i just need to finish assembling my MS

here you go

http://www.b2600turbo.com/Wiring%20MSII.htm

If you don't think that gauge wire is enough for your fuel pump you can still use this same wire to activate another relay. The point of using this control relay is so that if the engine stops running, the ECU deactivates this relay and you don't sit in a ditch knocked out and the motor dead and a cigarette burning in the floor and your fuel pump still running. Its a safety thing.

Edited by Indiana