David H. AKA turboTSI

penick000

Problem:  Seller (turboTSI) has had my money since the begining of August and I have not received my parts.

turboTSI

David Hxxxxxx

Michigin

David "advertises" quite a few parts on this board.  In my circumstance, turboTSI told me he'd ship me a nice conquest front skidplate for 40 dollars shipped.  As mentioned above, this was the case at the begining of august and David has had my money since this time.  During this time i've gotten the excuses of he had to move in w/ his fiance's parents, had to take it off the car, had to clean it up and straighten it since it was bent, couldn't get to the post office because of being personally ill, couldn't get to the post office because of fiance being ill, went to the post office sent it but it was returned to him, and then he said (one week ago) he'd send it UPS and give me the tracking number.  Of course, no tracking number to date.  

Now, I understand that people do get sick, and I also understand that unforseen circumstances cause someone to be delayed, but 2 months is getting a bit excessive, especially considering I've seen many many items he has posted for sale since this time.  If he has time to post other things for sale, he must have the time to take care of prior transactions.

I've given him other options, if he for whatever reason could not send the component i told him he could just paypal my 40 bucks back to me and all would be forgotten.  But, this has never happened.

I feel that the email I was sent back in August stating that the product would be sent when the money order was received should be held to w/ a reasonable amount of variation.  A week or two i understand, a month to 9 weeks is ridiculous.

As for others considering buying from turboTSI, be forwarned, it's a long and tedious process that I hope gets resolved for me soon.

pen

** Moderator's Note: Name modified by request out of respect for his privacy. Enough information should be present to identify David H.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave is really a nice guy and he knows quite a bit about our cars unfortunately he has a busier schedule than alot of us, But he will make right on his deals, i gave him almost a whole weeks pay, and he gave me a great deal on the parts i needed to Bring my starion back from the dead. thanks dave! Matt

Sorry, fellas, I think you're missing the point of why the posts were deleted. I'll try to explain what we're trying to do with this forum, and why. Nobody is trying to cover up, play favorites, or hide anything here, we simply want people to stick to the facts, so that it doesn't become a chore to read through all the fluff to get to the point of the feedback.

From the beginning we have always known that a forum like this could get nasty if left to it's own devices, or it could quickly fill with empty postings (or fluff) that make reading tedious. We put the guidelines in place to keep this forum strict to the facts, and nothing but the facts for exactly those reasons. I didn't see what your posts actually read myself, but I suspect they weren't as complete as we'd like them to be.

Perhaps these should be added to the guidelines...

Instead of replying to a feedback to say nothing more than "Thanks for the feedback", use the site messaging system.

Instead of saying "Joe Bxxx is Ok in my book," tell us why Joe Bxxx is such a stand up guy, like so:

Joe Bxxx shipped out the fart tip I ordered within two days of when I paid him.

or:

The 30HP sticker I bought from Joe Bxxx had a -3HP smudge in the corner, when I told Joe about it he refunded part of my money.

• 1 month later...

Moved from separate topic:

Definately one of the good guys.

I bought a downpipe from him and we kept E-mail contact throughout the process.

By the way this occured while he was on his honeymoon  :o. That deserves brownie points.

If there is something you need for your StarQuest contact him.

I recently bought what I thought was a primary radiator fan from Dave.  I was sent what I thought was  secondary radiator fan.  All this time DAve was keeping up with teh emails to let me know the status.  Once I received the item I knew it was not correct and tried to correct it with him.  He explained to me that the "primary radiator fan" is on the drivers side.  I thought it was on the passenger.  

Since he does not have the fan I am really after, I'll hold on to this one as a backup.

I would definitely buy from Dave again if he has the parts I need.  He will get you the item you ask for,  just need to be more specific the next time though.

-Quan

• 3 weeks later...

Problem:

I've been dealing with turboTSI for over a month. I sent him $40 for a turbo to IC hardpipe that he has but I have yet to receive it. I understand he's a busy guy but it's been about a month and a half. The last email I got from him was on 12/13. If anyone here knows him let him know that I want my pipe or my money.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for my hardpipe! Oh well, I wanted to believe that Dave was a good guy but apparently I was wrong. I know it's only 40 bucks but it's my 40 bucks and I want it back! I haven't heard a word from Dave since 12/13. It's people like this that make it hard to trust anyone in the StarQuest community. Yeah, sure I hear that he's a nice guy but, PROVE IT!! This really sucks!

Jerry

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Dave aka turboTSI sent me a PM on Feb. 8 and said that he had problems getting to a computer, his apt. flooded and times have been kinda hectic and he would finally be shipping my hardpipe out. I told him I understood and thanked him for not screwing over, basicaly. Remember this was on Feb.8... I have yet to see a hardpipe, my money, or even an email from him since. What's with this guy?

Jerry

P.S. I had to come back and say 1 more thing. It really pisses me off to see him selling stuff on the board still and he owes me. Some how he finds time to post parts for sell but no time to ship stuff that he's already sold, or to send an e-mail my way. wt....! Anyways, does anyone know what I can do to end this b.s.?  

Well, you have done everything this site offers, which is fre publicity to the person who leaves you hanging. It is the buyers duty to check the feedback forum for reports of good or bad dealings. Hopefully they see the posts, and act upon them.

You can PM anyone who looks to be buying from someone that owes you still. That would be what I would do. They aren't obligated to act on what you tell them, but they can at least know the risk may be higher when dealing with someone who owes other people still?

Tim C.

Dave ripped me off and never reconciled. It was over 6 months ago. He agreed to send me a complete hardpipe kit (OVCP and turbo to aircan pipe)..He showed me no picture prior to the deal..

I agreed to trade him an 83 hood that needed some work..It was worth at least 150.00..

I sent the hood, and about 3 months later I recieved a terrible excuse for an aircan to turbo pipe with horrible bends, and it hit the hood.

No OVCP.

He refused to trade back.

Hes a rip off artist.

• 5 weeks later...

I fell victim to David AKA TurboTSI also.

I had a post in the items wanted section for a nice set of BLACK conquest or starion floor mats. TurboTSI said he had some for 32.00 shipped. That was a great deal so I jumped on it. He shipped it out quickly also and everything was on the up and up until I opened the box and dumped out dirt all over my kitchen table. Besides the mats being dirty they were NOT conquest/starion mats. They were the thin cheap autozone/walmart mats.

So I emailed him stating that the mats were NOT what I paid for and that I wanted my money back. He emailed me back basically stating that “he thought they were conquest mats because they were in his car.†Then he said “a deal is a deal†,which I have no problem with IF it’s the right parts! I didn’t think a fellow quester let alone a senior member would screw me over. So he blames it on the fact that he didn’t know what starquest were (which he mentions in his emails).

1ST email from David,

sorry those came in my quest when I got it.. and I was told that there was nothgin special about the quest floor mats.. abotu the vac job I never got around to it and I am SUPER sorry.. on another note.. I sold them as is.. and wish you would have saw a poic of them first, but a deal is a deal we made a transaction and it is final.. sorry besides they are in great shape if not for your quest use them in a different car.. I just dont use them cause it sux to have floor mats when u race afraid of gettign them stuck under the pedal... btw my baby daughter says hi...... she dont say much thougth lol

Dave (turboTSI)

2nd email from David,

sorry no refund or money back... I truley thought they were Conquest matts cause they fit perfectly in the car, both front and back.. I sold u what in my mind is to be COnquets matts sorry if I was uneducated to knwo the difference.... but I supose u can add my name to the Feedback forum for a stuip man who does not know much about conquest parts...

SRY

Dave (turboTSI)

I hope no one else buys any parts from this guy. He has screwed to many people and I guess im not getting my money back……

Later

randy

thx Jery glad to see it made it to ya.... about the craftsman ship. I think what u mean is cause it looks blah and it is not a "mandrel" bend but a smooth bend.. to tell u the truth... if there was a place with a mandrel bender in Michigan I would have gotten it done there but there isnt so I have to deal with that the smoth bend.. but believe me u get the otherone replaces and it will feel alot better and run alot smoother... btw... I was gonna paint it or slap some rice stickers on it.. if u do so it may make it look better.!! TTYL

turboTSI

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

thanks a lot, David.  David really hooked me up with some injector clips that I could find nooooooooooooo where around me.  I sent him out a 10 dolllar money order and her went out of his way to pick them up for me and even paid for the shipping when it went over...and then refused to cash a 5 dollar money order...haha. Thanks a lot, David!!!!! that was hugeeeeeeeeeeee of u to do.

Drizzt

• 2 weeks later...

Well as you may have read the post directed in my name, yes the connection was good However the product-not so good-

Asked turboTSi if I could have the model of the camera, he said it was already packed away and couldn't remember. So that was fine and understandable.

Kept in touch about everything which was good

Rec'v the product, open up the box the camera fits into the palm of my hand!! It's like a camera you'd buy for your kid to mess around with! And I don't know how he could not have known the model considering it says it in like 3 different spots, he just knew if he told me I wouldn't want to buy it. I also checked it out on the internet, it's going for 50.00 he said he paid 120.00..whatever..SO I sent him a msg asking him for 71.00 out of the 75.00 I paid for it, the other 4 he could keep for the shipping costs. Explained to him I was expecting a real adult size digital camera. One that I would have options about different ways to take pic etc.. you know like a digital camera you'd see at wal-mart or best buy. So he refuses to give me the money back and to go have fun w/the camera.. Considering you have to have a light directly on top of the item you want to take a pic of I'm not going to be having fun w/it. And he also said if I don't want it to sell it to someone else. However I wouldn't even sell this to someone I didn't know b/c I would feel like I was ripping them off and wouldn't feel right about it.

Tim and I are a little bit upset b/c you'd think a fellow starquester wouldn't rip you off like this, but I guess you live and learn

So no matter who it is just make sure you ask lots of q's about whatever you are buying from them

this camera is in perfect shape I used it to get these pics

indoor:

http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/index.asp?id_=2314457

outdoor pic:

http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/index.asp?id_=2325429

as u can see it takes pics fine.. she is just upset cause she was expecting somethign more.. as she says in PM's to me she wanted a PROFESINAL camera... if I had a PROFESSINAL camera I would not have sold it for 75.00 this is a plain old digital camera.. has high and low res pics along with vid time....

this I told her and she accepted I dont feel bad cause I gavce her what I said.. I paid 120.00 at Best Buy last Nov... and if it has dropped price since then cool.. but also this is on the net she found it.. I dont buy off the net cause I dotn have a credit card so I would not have known about a cheeper price that way

turboTSI

Yeah the camera takes perfect pics!! You are so right, is that why there is a light practically in your poor baby's face? I don't think that's a perfect pic to me! But whatever...that's your opinion.. and the post was mine

oh it was a listing as to how much it was going for at certain places and it said that no retail stores had it.. so the retail stores must've realized what crap it was and discontinued it.

Also I let you know what I meant about professional. I clarified that for you, remember? I said I didn't mean sears portrait professional, just something an adult would use, not a teenager . Something where I can take a picture of a person at a distance, not right up in their face with a light right next to them glaring in their eye.

I'm not asking you to feel bad, I'm asking for my money back. I don't give a crap how you feel. I may seem like I'm being cold but I totally feel as though I was ripped off.

I just completed a flawless transaction with turboTSI. He wanted to buy a Air/Fuel gauge from me, but didn't have the money at the time. I gave him some time to save up the money. About a week later, he e-mailed saying he had the money and that he mailed me a money order. I got it within a few days, no problems at all. Today, he e-mailed saying that he got the Air/Fuel gauge.

turboTSI:  Thanks again for the smooth transaction.

Josh

First of all, he sold me junk!

Last fall he advertised a 14g Turbo with only 2,000 miles on it.

I made 4 payments on it [always on time] then he shipped me a damaged turbo.

I paid $560.00 shipped.

I had two totally different garages take a look at the turbo and they BOTH concluded that it was too damaged to put on my car.  

Then, I sent it off to FORCED-PERFORMANCE for inspection.  

They called me back and told me that:

1.  It was definitely sick!  3rd unanimous opinion on it's condition.

2.  It was a small 16g and NOT a 14g like he advertised!!!

3.  They charged me $400 + $16.25 for the rebuild + shipping .

That's a lot of money for a rebuild that I shouldn't  even be bothered with.  Especially since he posted this 14g Turbo with only 2,000 miles on it.

FOR THE RECORD ---  

I paid him $560.00 for this damaged turbo.

He obviously ripped me off!!!!!!!!

After shipping back and forth 5-6 times around the country,

now I have to pay for a $400.00 rebuild.

As far as coming clean.....don't bother [not that you would].

I am keeping all of my receipts, check stubs, and records for your upcoming law suit.

To anyone who reads this post ----  

These are the facts!!!

I wouldn't buy water from him, even if I were lost in the desert!!!

BTW, I'm in this desert because of him.

JACK

what ever I had Michigan turbo check it themselves and they said it was fine (I still have a warenty for another 2 months on it.... if u would like I could prolly find it and mail it out to you.. then u could get your money back for a rebuild that was not needed.... Anotherthing... liek I said this is a 14G not a 16g, so that in itself tells me they did not give u the right answer or quote on the turbo u sent... I would have never sold a 16g I am ony going to a T3.. that would have been a lose for me... I think this is BS and you are just unskilled and unaware of when u are being screwed over.. if u would have just bolted it on like I said u would have known that nothgin was wrong with it.. and u even said to me when u pulled on the shaft there was NO PLAY.. thus no need for rebuild... I told u once and I will say it agin.. u are being screwed over.. and it is now YOUR FAULT... I sold u a PERFECT turbo with about 2000 miles on it .. to bad u could have not listen to me in the first place..

turboTSI

I have been in the car and seen the Turbo and when I saw it it was not soking and seemed to be working and I know he got it from Mich turbo like he said I saw the Bill of sale for it and it had a wainty as well, I dont know how long it was But I know they did have one and it was all NEW  from them. I am not saying it is with out a dought good but as far as I know it seemed good.