Holset HX 40 set-up

i'm goin to grind it down. just havent got to it yet. now i'm waiting on couplers, 3" flex for the downpipe, and a in-line oil filter. i think i'm goin to put the car up on 4 jackstands and do the flywheel. while i wait for the other stuff to come in. then i really need tires and camber plates. i dont know if i want to run a cut down housing set-up with coil-overs or bags like D is workin on.

Did you do anything for a restrictor in the oil feed line? The DSM forums seem spit on it being necessary or not. About to install a .078" restrictor I think.

Edit: Went with a .082 restrictor

Edited by psu_Crash

• 3 weeks later...

small update

finally got all the parts in the mail. was ready to bolt everything up. and pulled the tranny out to do the flywheel. should be done in the next week or so. and i just got a new intake for it as well. EIP CANNON!!!!

mike now your goin to have to help me make a wiring harness for my tec2. i may have the car back on the road this weekend. depends on me really.

and the next meet i'm goin to have will have a dyno. a friend in having a car show at his shop and they are bring in a dyno for the day

charlie i forgot you had the tec2. what all do i need to run sensor wise. i have a map, intake temp, and a tach adapter to use the factory tach. i know i still need a vr sensor and trigger wheel.

and does the intake still have the tb and injectors? what size are the injectors? and does the tb have the tps on it? and i remember you sayin something about the plugs on the tec2. to upgrade them cuz they pull out sometimes.

well i just ot the clutch out. all these year i never knew what clutch was in the car. i just knew it sucked to dd everyday. come to find its a clutchnet 6puck sprong. very small springs compaired to other srong 6pucks i've had.

another issue my car has had since i've had it was it vibrites alot. i think i found out why. there was NO pilot bearing in the flywheel. when i popped the clutch off i was like wt.......weres the PB. looked around...not on the tranny...nowhere to be found. so i'll put one in the fidanze and see if the problem goes away. i should finish up the flywheel project tonight

charlie i forgot you had the tec2. what all do i need to run sensor wise. i have a map, intake temp, and a tach adapter to use the factory tach. i know i still need a vr sensor and trigger wheel.

and does the intake still have the tb and injectors? what size are the injectors? and does the tb have the tps on it? and i remember you sayin something about the plugs on the tec2. to upgrade them cuz they pull out sometimes.

hey joe, sounds like you need a coolant temp, and the ego sensor if you want to have tec make corrective adjustments to your airfuels, the injectors are 550 good enough for 300-350hp, i have personally made this number with theese. the trottlebody i had didnot work out right for the trottle cable, and the tps hit the waterneck, found this out when i mocked this up on another engine. so of course i bought another that fits, and had to have parts welded to it,so the stock throttle will work,trouble-free if you want this,well work it out no problems any questions you can call 443-277-8596, as you can tell from my # of post, im not much of a typer charlie

this setu- is fighting me the whole way. started with the manifold. then the waste gate. then the 3"couplers i bought. then the oil feed line. but things started to look good. i got the manifold all done. waste gate fixed. and started the flywheel at that time. well after fighting with the old one i got it off. put the fidanza on and torque'd it down and i go to put the clutch back on and.......its the wrong flywheel. i guess its for the t56 setup. and not the factory clucth. factory is 10 and 7/8 across and this flywheel is 11 and 1/2 across.

ireally thinking about putting it all back to the way it was and leaving it that way. it one problem after another. and one more part after another

Thanks Starquestjoe. ;) I was gonna use that same adapter, but I didn't think it would clear. When I got my 20g from my boy I wanted to put on a external wastegate cause he had the turbo rigged for it. He made an adapter for me to use but doesn't have a wastegate port and I didn't want to weld one to the manifold. I'm ordering it from e-bay on Friday. Btw what wastegate is that you have on the adapter. I have a 4bolt and was gonna bolt a 2bolt pipe to the adapter and weld a 4bolt flange on the pipe then use the 4bolt wastegate???

one problem after another. and one more part after another

I hear that! I dumped WAY more money into the HX35 install than I planned on, and I'm still not 100% sure it will work.

What fun would it be if it was easy? :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

got the treadstone in last night. not very happy with it. but it will do for now

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/starquestJOE/P4060678.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/starquestJOE/P4060679.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/starquestJOE/P4060680.jpg

i had too pull the oil pan. tomorrow i'll tap the pan gor the oil return line and get it back in. downpipe is all mocked up and ready to be welded. trannys is all back in now. driveshaft and shifter are left. HOPEFULLY this weekend its done. i miss my girl Edited by starquestJOE