SO the tbi record maker is almost done, but I need some help.

garychoffmann

So I've gone broke on this car. I need some welding done for my tbi intake manifold. Anyone here weld and can do it cheap? I'll have it mocked up and ready to go, marked and numbered so it should be easy to weld. Thanks and let me know. Oh yeah, no pics of the manifold..... Not yet anyway. I'm being secretive on this one. Thanks and any help appreciated.

Plus, you get to say you made the manifold for it. I'm waiting on my plenum pieces and runners but I should have it soon.

I don't want to lead anyone one, this could be dangerous work. I'm sure there will be people wanting their hands on it. You know KGB, NINJAS, The SKULLS, Order of the TBI. I don't know if they are on to me yet but we will see. I don't want to put your life on the line but this is bigger than all of us.

If running a plenum intake other than the original intake manifold and runners, Shelby is right, you won't get the true credit for TBI records. At that point, why not just go MPI and have a car you enjoy, regardless of whether it breaks records.

Either way I wish you the best of course.

i hate to say this but any thing other then a single oem TBI would not count :)

I'm going to say BS on that one. TBI is TBI. I could just be converting it to a bbc tbi set up. I think if I was even going to run 4 stock tbi's it's still a tbi. It certainly isn't MPI. If I'm on the factory ecu(s) then I think it's still a tbi. Chime in on this anyone. If it's tbi it's tbi right? It can't be clasified as mpi if it's not MPI. I guess we can create a seperate category for altered tbi's...... Which class would I fall into?

The plot thickens................

honestly i dont think the chris viper record should be counted as a TBI since he was running a extra injector and a standalone to run it. that might has well been MPI too, he was only one injector short.

i say TBI record should be stock computer and TWO injectors. NO NOS!

+1 on NOS............. It's a spite thing to take the tbi record. oem throttle body? what if it's a 52 or 60 mm tb? I guess that doesn't count? It will be an arguing point for me. The first try is going to be on a ported manifold, 52mm throttle body and some custom spec'd injectors. It really doesn't matter why I don't go MPI. I've had 3 and I like to be a bit different. If anything else I'll go with another mitsu engine before I go MPI again. But, what I am really trying to do is make a system that can make good power and be able to make a guideline for others to follow using inexpensive parts and a little shop work. I decided that on my intake I'm going to figure a way to make it that anyone could do at home. I have some industry insiders on my side so I think I can.

Lets face it, alot of people on here could not go MPI without racking up some serious bills. I hope to create a dyno proven system so people can make good power without a whole lot of money into it. If I can do something to help others, I'm more about that than a record............... I'm just doing what others have done and been all "I'm going for the record and I'm going to shove it in your face"

Some will know what I'm talking about

the actual point of can i do this on TBI is mute,,the real question is can i do this AND still have a reliable set up ,the sad answer to that is NO ,,any way you slice it,,your going to put more stress on the engine with a single TBi ,and lets face it two TBI's are MPi

two TBI's give you 2 50mm throdle plates and 4 injs right , 2 50mm throdle plates will for sure out flow one 65mm throddle plate :)

it's just an MPi of a diff design ;)

Edited by Shelby

the actual point of can i do this on TBI is mute,,the real question is can i do this AND still have a reliable set up ,the sad answer to that is NO ,,any way you slice it,,your going to put more stress on the engine with a single TBi ,and lets face it two TBI's are MPi

two TBI's give you 2 50mm throdle plates and 4 injs right , 2 50mm throdle plates will for sure out flow one 65mm throddle plate :)

it's just an MPi of a diff design ;)

Shelby, shush................................. :) I don't like sense. Stop making it. If you ever read my posts I don't like rationality. So stop being rational dangit. I know what your saying........... But I can still make my arguments. I would say it's a hybrid on middle ground. Just wait for the quest thats 4wd and has 2 engines and 2 transmissions, both 4g63 auto's one under the hood, one in the hatch. Thats my next project. I'll say it's awd but it's not. I'll say it's driven by 4 cylinders but there is 8. I play my games just a little twisted. I can say it's 4 cylinders because it is 2 seperate engines, both 4 cylinders, so when some one asks whats in it I can say 4g63 4 cylinderS, it's a play on words. I'm not lieing, i'm not telling the truth. Keep em guessing

No pics untill I can get it welded. Basically I'll have 2 seperate plenums each feeding 2 cylinders, each having it's own tb and mixer, Each side will have 2 1150cc injectors. So thats a total of 4600 cc of injector. Sounds like overkill I know, but the car is going to be running e85 which is substantially higher octane but as a rule of thumb it will take 40% more e85 than premium gas to get the desired a/f ratio. It's still tbi, just twisted a bit into what I want. I'm using the stock ecu and a maft for tuning. I'm hacking the ecu or running 2 ecu's to cover the fuel. I'm trying to keep everything as cheap as possible and to convert this for less than 1000. Should be able to make as much, if not more than MPI. We'll see, design is half the battle, tuning will be the problem.

before I get flamed for saying that it will make as much or more as MPI I will be pushing the car harder than most would attempt. my goals are 22, 27 and 30 psi. I also have the advantage of running a water to air intercooler and if I can get 360hp down I will be happy.

well my maft setup has cost me a total of 125. Extra throttle body and mixer housing 50, injectors 200, intake parts 110.

So If I can get this up and running I'm looking under 500 to set it up.

I don't like megasquirt, I've had too many issues with it in the past. Plus it's not all that friendly for people not knowing how to adjust a fuel curve. Someone would have to pay to get it tuned correctly