New Supplier?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy's at FIP tell me they will be at the national meet and will be demoing their products so be patient as they do not do this as their full time jobs YET!!! but they do produce high quality cost efftive products for a fairly low price. this is something the starquest world needs more of.  ;D ;D ;D

I think that is how it works. I believe that's an '83 car and they had a unique TB housing. I don't know much about them so I'm having trouble trying to make out what all was changed. FPR looks like some backyard engineering...

They supposedly have a different top for the more popular TB too. One that will run standard injectors, so you can put whatever size in there you want with better sealing too. I don't think they like to sell just the plates though. They want to sell the whole management package, but I am hoping to just get the TB plate and maybe their injectors. That would be a major improvement at hopefully a very reduced cost compared to MPI and or a management system too. If I spent a lot of money, I would just go MPI.

Their system also gets rid of the MAS, so it is a good thing I'm sure. I heard their 1/4 mile times don't reflect 500HP on the 8 injector set-up. It is hard to say from one look at the track though. It takes several runs with tuning changes to dial things in.

the 83 in the pics is my car although those pics where shot when we were still working out the bugs(mine was the first 83 they had done and as you know the 83's are a whole nother animal) that fuel pressure Regulator is the stock one and was formerly connected to the TB and is going to be replaced but i just wanted to get the car running first(so we fixed it up to work with the new system). the engine compartment looks much cleaner now and  the car is running great. i have a few newer pics if sombody wants to post them.

the reason the 1/4 mile times dont reflect the HP is because their tranny and rear end would not get the power to the ground that's why they are working on the tremec 3550 tranny swap ;D ;D ;D.  

What quarter mile times are we talking about?

Whats this about not being able to get the power to the ground with the stock trans? Why is that?

And what could you possibly get for a computer thats only $450? A Megasquirt?

Joel

yep he was haveing a little  launch  problem alright , it's  call'd  too much tire,,   those slicks  were  just too  much  for the clutch ,  quite a few of us have been there done that,,  it shows up clear as day in the  vid's of him runing the  slicks

answer  smaller slicks or  lower gears , i'd  go   lower gears

so shelby where you there in gainsville? you are right the slicks made the car look like it had no clutch lol!!! but they are building their car to launch hard and not gentle like EIP does so thats why they are changing the tranny and modifying the rear diff.

so shelby where you there in gainsville? you are right the slicks made the car look like it had no clutch lol!!! but they are building their car to launch hard and not gentle like EIP does so thats why they are changing the tranny and modifying the rear diff.

i was there alright   got it all on  video  to , you may  want to see the  runs,,#18 and  #21  here

http://www.26liter.us/        go to  the video's and click on mine ,,,jan 31  gainesville

I live local to these guys.

They are doing some awsome things with these cars. Craftsmanship is 1st class.

They have did there homework and paid there dues like the rest of us. I have seem alot of great advancements made modifying these cars by users and these guys by far have come up with a comeplete system thats works. They have my full support!

I hope we all appreciate the efforts these types of users have made. My hat go's off to all of you, *DM, Lizard, ProfessorQuest, Shelby, Artinist and my new found friends at http://www.fuelinjectionpro.com , Edward and Scott.

If you didn't see your name, don't worry I know who you are and you are appreciated. Keep up the good work guys.

The EIP quest leaves gental  :o are you Crazy you call a 1.6 60 foot gental and a 10.30 et gental   ??? yea the car has went ten thirties since the video  I am friends with Rob(the owner and driver of the car) thats how i know  :P      

as for the EIP car that did one pass on NOS and then disappeared, might as well not have done it in the first place. a lot of things are possible on a racecar. i want to see it run on 91 octane off the bottle. it will probably do high 12s.