15 psi+KDM 3"+fartcan=evidence!

Couldn't resist... ;D First test drive today (roads were clear).  Ran perfectly, first try.  Got a little goosed pulling back into the shop, left a pair of tattoos on the floor.  Ain't cars fun ?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pe52009be8681ff7774b15672a2ff2a93/f99fec16.jpg

Thats awesome man. I can't wait till I get my *DM 3in but first I want to fix the damage my car has, I don't mind being slow if I have a HOT car.

Kurt

Tell me about it. When the head finally cracked on mine, I got to looking closely at the body, to find cancel in many places.

So, I put it on jack stands to prevent tire rot/deformation. Then I got the new head. Started porting.. then went, well if I have gone this far, why not go MPI?

Then.. well the engine has 150K, so why not a swap?

Then I saw the 2.0 was popular... but I wanted something different.

2JZ too expensive right now... so then the 2.4...

The list goes on...

final assesment... forget the 2.6, sell the ported head, or exhange for a 2.0 DOHC head. Find a 2.4, get a 2.0 crank... basic rebuild... then this summer plunk, in it goes.

Buy a 2.4

• 2 months later...

Muffler pictured is a Megan Racing stainless, 4.5" angle tip, smooth case.  Bought from sombody on Ebay you don't want to deal with, had to get tough with 'em.  Adapted to *DM exhaust with a chunk of Stromung 3" WRX exhaust from a customer car custom fitment.  New owner of the Starion had me install a Catco cat and a 2.5" Flowmaster last week, he commutes @ 130 miles a day with it, and the drone from the fartcan was making him mental.  Doesn't have the same growl anymore, but much more liveable, and I built the adapters so he can switch mufflers in about 5 minutes.

Mod list for the Starion:

*DM 3"/ 3 wire o2/ catco hiflo

12A fully ported hot side

fully ported/stress relieved manifold (removed 6 pounds!)

Lower Shores MBC- sucks, replacing with a TXS 2 stage

1G MAS on a Spectre Honda AHP ala' vilification

ziptied IC hoses ala' vilification

1G BOV crushed and reworked for dump to atmosphere

ACT stage 2 on stock flywheel

Bill's short shifter

I posted dyno plots around here somewhere.  217 hp 277ft/lb at 15psi with no time to tweak- clutch let go on the 4th pull, never got it back on the dyno.  New owner is planning on a SAFC and some suspension repairs (bad rear shock) and that's it.  

• 1 month later...
how many people here have fart cans? mine kinda is :( it definitaly duznt look like a fart can but  it kinda has the sound. although it sounds great when it idling in the garage and when it kind bakc fires wen u first start it up (i no thats not too god ut oh well) ;)