CT26 TURBO?!?!?!

Bad bad bad bad. You first need to learn about the turbo, CFM's everything. Then see if your engine can handle it which I don't think so, you will probably need to upgrade the fuel system, and a stock conquest head is not the strongest thing I would deffinitely recommend a caravan head for any turbo upgrade. Oh yeah a 14g is not a stock conquest turbo a 12a is. I hope that helps you, I don't want you to blow your motor.

Kurt

Thanks guys.Now let me ask you, in e-bay they sell many 16G turbos, are they all the same or do i have to buy one that is special for these cars? the mechanic who was selling me the turbo said i was gonna need injectors and a bigger fuel pump, but even like that if the 16G gives me more power than i must start saving.I apreciate all the help i can i get. thanks.

Hi jerseyconquest most to all 16g turbos are the same but the housings are different, you will need to find one for a Starion/Conquest or have your stock housings bored to fit a 16g. If your going to spend the money on a turbo I would definitely recommend a 19C, its a very fast spooling turbo and puts out the same or more CFMs than a 16g. Hope that helps

Kurt

OK lets make a nice little list...

3in exhaust- $350

High flow fuel pump-$200 at least

Braided fuel lines- $80 to $100.... Thats if you make them yourself

19c turbo- $700

75 to 100 shot of nitrous- $500

or Multi Port Injection- about $2000

I would also recommend a 3.90 rear gear- At a junkyard 100 at the max

Total cost- about 4,000

Right now all i'm shooting for is a good runing conquest and build it up slowly. Also you have all the information at your finger tips, just start a search here under whatever your question or questions maybe and you will learn.

Kurt

ct26 will take a bit of fiddling to make it work on a starquest, which may not be worth it to u if u gotta ask this sorta question - may cost too much. One starquestor emailed me who adapted a ct26 to his 2.6 manifold and liked the way it spooled decent / performed on his 2.6... iirc he had issue with the wierd oil and coolant lines.

A pos? No. Turbo itself, stock is on par with a T3, i.e. ~ best 16Gs, and I don't think its that bad of an upgrade, especially if u do the inexpensive common supra hybrid down the road = machined ct compressor cover for 60-1 wheel and clip turbine 10°... 450 ft-lbs to the wheels.

My buddy has one on his 7Mgte/sds/mk2 swap and the thing is fast. The internal wastegate controls boost fine, so thats another saving (for a turbo of that cfm).

CT is heavy so I'd go for a header with a support brace. Stock 2.6 mani is crack prone already and poor flow design.

hey man thanks for that.to be honest i have a week to decide what to do, I have the choice of fixing my quest or fixing my 87  supra t.     i really dont know what to do.I'm looking at what would be easier and cheaper, also which one I can get more power out of. My quest only needs a bigger turbo and intercooler,ofcorse other basic mods.  The supra needs body work(paint) only and new headgaskets. I'm seriously loosing my mind. I had already set for the quest cause they had offer me the ct26 for cheap and i like the shape of the quest,but all the info they gave me made me start looking at the supra. You got me thinking again, with the info you gave me, all I need is someone with knowledge to advice me.see I aslo have an acura 2.2cl and some people tell me to stick with that,but i need power. i need to pick one car and get rid of 2 im going crazy. Im looking for the easist to make reliable and quick,they are all great cars.its tough

Everyone I know that has fixed up that generation supra has either put in a JZ or moved on do to them being to damn heavy and the 7mgm just dont make the powa.

That mod list up there is a little more then you will need to make 13's in these.

Dont need nitrous nor MPI to drop 13's.

First thing is first. make sure your car runs perfect and check your bit codes.

high flow exhaust

16G Turbo

1G MAS

Intercooler Hardpipes

BOV & Boost Controller

That will definately get you into the 13's. Just watch your revs and get some gauges.

My time is running out, I hope you guys dont think its a game i seriously need to pick one car by monday. Is it hard to make those mk3s 13second cars? You guys said it would be about 4,000 to fix my quest, okay I need 1,000 to paint the supra and 300 for the starter and tune up,I only have about  $1,500right now. The quest has a leak on the exhaust,no intercooler i guess the exhaust dont matter since i would have to change it anyways.theres also something wrong with my clutch in the quest,more $$$.the supra is targa top and the quest... I love the blk leather interior and that sporty feel..The acura is out the picture.i just got beat by a civic, i hate civics. but all i need is some info that will make ne choose. I know this is my problem but i know everyone has been throught something like this. thanks guys.

Im soo desperate that i put For Sale signs on both, if one sales i got no other choice.

I don't know what you need to get either of them on the road, but if I had my choice it would be the quest and if you really need a car by Mon why does it have to run 13 secs in the 1/4? I'd be more worried about it starting up and driving around the block

here's a good site if you keep the Supra  supraforums.com

air intake exhaust and shave a 1000lb off the frame maybe

I've changed this post to be more useful- This came from FAQ on the CT-26 turbo

"for the record I believe John Lunsford and Matt Talbert have the highest hp dyno numbers at 440rwhp SAE and 450rwhp SAE respectively. Matt's also been able to do a 12.3 @ 111mph (?) and I think that's just AWSOME. I think a dude in australia has done 12.1 with slicks, built auto, etc. That might be the official 1/4 mile record for the ct-26 turbo. I have the fastest 5 speed that I know of. If you know differently then let us all know".

"For street and strip work the upgraded CT26 is a killer thing.

The turbo was 100% reliable. People that have had CT26 upgraded failures

should be looking for a new turbo workshop. "

"just pulled 12.061 @ 115.59 mph http://www.geocities.com/mkiiisupraguy/FastestRuns.html "

"our cars can be insane street monsters with these little upgraded turbos. just have the supporting mods and tune well. the thing that I'm most impressed with is that I race DSM with T4 and RED turbos (if you know anything about DSM's you'll know these are huge turbos for the 4G63 motor) at the track and on the high end we are dicing back and forth with me edging them in 4th gear. VERY impressive for a little upgraded turbo "

Thats all believeable. Im just saying your gonna need alot more than intake and exhaust to take the 7mg in a supra to 13's. The thing about them not making power was from what I have been told by friends who owned them. But I also have been told that the ct26 is also the largest turbo released from factory and from seeing it I wouldnt doubt it.

yep, mk3 are pigs. My buddy's mk2 (~3000 lbs) is significantly faster than his mk3 with the same 7m setup, as expected.

The 7 makes enough torque to move a mk3 well tho... whoever blames the motor is lost. They are darn good motors, and 'sensible' people have proved their merit - durability and power.

Toyomoto in miami had a 600whp full wt. airconditioned mk3 7m beast runnin' around for years. An aussie guy emailed me dyno and pix of his friends' (guy who tunes his car) street/show mk3 - made over 800hp. It was featured on fullboost.com.

Folks love to jump on the JZ bandwagon and I see folks spending thousand$$$ to replace their 7m for a 1J - just for 0.5s? A 1JZ/mk3 on stock twins is still not a fast car (feels lazy)... better get your checkbook.

jersey,

I'd browse both forums to see what kinda issue both cars have to give u an idea of what you're up against... take advantage of the internet

I have a CT26 sitting in my room right now. I traded a $35 "POS import civic kind of muffler" for it. I got it home and tore it down and put it back together and I must say it is a pretty big turbo to be stock and yes, it is very heavy. I was thinking of making a new manifold so I could put the CT26 on mine but the flanges just arent that common so I am keeping my T3. I can see the potential in it though. I havent heard of upgrading the CT 26 comp. wheel before, I just figured Supra guys went with T4s.

Cory

Now I am thinking of trading my CT26 for a T3-TO4E turbo. Good trade?