stock cam wanted

saltfish

i ahve a stock cam that i just pulled from a completely stock engine. milage unknown. i have no idea what it is worth, i will check and see if i can find out what they go for, unless you know already. let me know. How does $50 shipped sound to ya

Make sure you have the right type of cam. You will get excessive noise from the head if you put a hydraulic cam in a mechanical setup and vice versa.

That is true for most all engines except the 2.6L Mitsu. The differences between Mech and Hyd are only very slight lift changes. The lobe shapes are the same so you can run either rocker with either stock cam. However, aftermarket cams may require the correct rocker for what the cam was made for.

I get cams from u-pull-it yards for $15. The 2.6L Caravans have the same cam, and just about any 2.6L cam will work.

That is true for most all engines except the 2.6L Mitsu. The differences between Mech and Hyd are only very slight lift changes. The lobe shapes are the same so you can run either rocker with either stock cam. However, aftermarket cams may require the correct rocker for what the cam was made for.

I get cams from u-pull-it yards for $15. The 2.6L Caravans have the same cam, and just about any 2.6L cam will work.

can you get me a stock mech cam?