New Injectors

Jcizzle61

I put them in my 86. It always seemed after I put them in that I ran lean on cylinders 2 and 3. I ran high boost with 2 extra injectors in my hardpipes. What I found worked better for me was to wire in a maf-t and 2 stock green injectors. I never did get around to looking at the spray pattern on the trilogy injectors. The factory injector has a nice fine mist cone to them. I don't know if the trilogy's spray pattern was that great for high boost applications and a TB set up. I think they are fine injectors and if your running a stock engine they will probably be just fine. I think that if your injectors are shooting craps then they would be perfect. Hope this helps.

New injectors are new injectors. Do you need them? stock ones broken or you have a bigger turbo that would warrant them?

If your stockers work fine and you have a stock sized turbo, then no, don't get them.

I took in my injectors to be cleaned, and it turns out that they're shot. I only need some to replace the stock ones. I was just curious if better ones out there for the price.

I run delphi's and I love them much cheaper than Trilogy for sure.. $55 bucks each, you do have to enlarge the tbi a bit on top and run longer screws....thats it

I run a 65lb primary

http://www.racetronix.com/17113814FM.html

I run a 95lb secondary

http://www.racetronix.com/17113744FM.html

Get these too $9 bucks of cheap insurance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/injector-co...A1%7C240%3A1318

I run delphi's and I love them much cheaper than Trilogy for sure.. $55 bucks each, you do have to enlarge the tbi a bit on top and run longer screws....thats it

I run a 65lb primary

http://www.racetronix.com/17113814FM.html

I run a 95lb secondary

http://www.racetronix.com/17113744FM.html

Get these too $9 bucks of cheap insurance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/injector-co...A1%7C240%3A1318

What's that translate into, compared to factory ratings in CC? What needs to be modified to fit? I'm interested.

What's that translate into, compared to factory ratings in CC? What needs to be modified to fit? I'm interested.

65lb= 682.5cc

95lb= 997.5cc

-I removed top portion of tbi

-Got a grinder bit to match new injector diameter, just need to grind the top of tbi, bottom fits perfect

-Took old tbi bolts to Home depot and got some longer allen bolts and a bunch of washers to level it out

-Installed injectoers

-While I was at it I replaced the clips

Works awesome for a 2 hour mod including running back and forth to Home Depot

I have had them on there for about a year now with no worries...

Edited by BRAZILBOY

I don't remember how many times I've posted this........ But here it is again. http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com This it the place that supplies Trilogy and Fuel Injector Clinic. You want to call them and ask for Jon Banner (He's the owner of the company): 1-770-888-1662.He's the guy that machines the Delphis and sells them to everybody else. I have talked to him (via a phone call) and purchased direct from him. You can go through a second party to buy them, or go straight to the source. Since he sells to other distributors is the reason to call him directly. I purchased a 950 primary and 1150 secondary for less than I would have paid Fuel Injector Clinic or Trilogy for a 650/950 set up. Maybe the moderators should list this in the FAQ Forum.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

I purchased a 950 primary and 1150 secondary for less than I would have paid Fuel Injector Clinic or Trilogy for a 650/950 set up.

Did you use a MAF-T to lean your fuel out, so it doesn't choke itself at idle?

I don't remember how many times I've posted this........ But here it is again. http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com This it the place that supplies Trilogy and Fuel Injector Clinic. You want to call them and ask for Jon Banner (He's the owner of the company): 1-770-888-1662.He's the guy that machines the Delphis and sells them to everybody else. I have talked to him (via a phone call) and purchased direct from him. You can go through a second party to buy them, or go straight to the source. Since he sells to other distributors is the reason to call him directly. I purchased a 950 primary and 1150 secondary for less than I would have paid Fuel Injector Clinic or Trilogy for a 650/950 set up. Maybe the moderators should list this in the FAQ Forum.

CALIBER 308

I don't remember how many times you've posted this either. Because this is the first time in about 8 years of being on this forum that I've seen that website.

Their prices don't seem to be much better than anywhere else. Fuel Injector Clinic has been in business for "over 20 years" as their website says, and the other FIC (connection) has been "around" since 1986, but only opened a retail shop in 2006. Can you explain what's going on here?

I doubt they manufacture the housings and guts of the injectors, that's probably done in China or something. Where can I find the manufacturer?

I don't remember how many times you've posted this either. Because this is the first time in about 8 years of being on this forum that I've seen that website.

I said to call them and talk to the owner Jon Banner !!! You have to READ EVERYTHING that I posted on it, no wonder you missed my other posts on this same subject. P.S. There all Delphi injectors:( Professor Quests,Trilogy and Fuel Injector Clinics). Here's the phone number.... Again:1-770-888-1662. Do a search:"Delphi" and "Jon Banner" Here's one of mine: Jan 24,2009. Here's another: Oct 1, 2008 and another: Jan 17, 2009 and still another: Aug 27, 2008. Maybe you were on vacation when I posted them??

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Did you use a MAF-T to lean your fuel out, so it doesn't choke itself at idle?

Yep. And I also have extensive Cylinder head work done, so the "leaning out" was minimal.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

The 95lb Delphi's will run lean at idle and screw up the ISC setting.

Meaning when it idle, the engine will tend to stumble and on occasion will shut off. I try these out today and it made my '86 run like crap.

I don't know if the Delphi's 95lb is any different from the Mitsubishi style Precision Turbo's 1000cc that I had on my old '86 that was purchase from Horsepowerfreak? I'm thinking I had done some mod to the tip of the injector to work.I'm digging through old pictures now to see what I'd done. I ran out of time today, so tomorrow I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Oh ya, this is for the 1986 model I'm talking about, not '87 to '89.

Edited by Couth'nize

Meaning when it idle, the engine will tend to stumble and on occasion will shut off. I try these out today and it made my '86 run like crap.

I don't know if the Delphi's 95lb is any different from the Mitsubishi style Precision Turbo's 1000cc that I had on my old '86 that was purchase from Horsepowerfreak? I'm thinking I had done some mod to the tip of the injector to work.I'm digging through old pictures now to see what I'd done. I ran out of time today, so tomorrow I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Thats why I run a 65lb for primary and 95lb for secondary with no worries...

So your using or tried to use a 1000 cc injector on a 1986 that was designed for a 850 ?? What if any modifications do you have for Air/ Fuel adjustments?

CALIBER 308

Thats why I run a 65lb for primary and 95lb for secondary with no worries...

BB, He's running a 1986. Both injectors run full time.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

I had the pre machined injectors Cal was talking about, and I got them from there website after talking to Jon. I emailed all the places people have mentioned, and, fuelinjectorconnection.com was the only one to respond, and, responed with much help.

Also, the nice things about the premachined injectors, is that, the injector itself is machined, so, no modding required. So, if your like me and need some moolah and need to sell them, therefore going back to stock, all you have to do is pull'm out, and put the originals in. and, you do need a spacer, but, no biggie.

And, as far as idle with the 65lb/95lb, I noticed absolutley no difference between them and the stockers. The only difference I did feel was top end seemed stronger, but, that was due to more fuel Im guessing. This is on all stock, except 3" exhaust.

Oh, and they are made by Delphi, formerly Delco, "GM"

Edited by strang3majik

So your using or tried to use a 1000 cc injector on a 1986 that was designed for a 850 ?? What if any modifications do you have for Air/ Fuel adjustments?

CALIBER 308

In the past I have try the 850cc Delphi on the 1986 Starquest, it will not work, I ended up using the 1000cc.

Oh, I thought were talking about the '86 cars here , not the 650cc and 950cc for the '87 to '89?

Edited by Couth'nize