these ARE NOT MOPARS

Guest g54b hater

I know, but come here for the meet anyway. We have a lot of starquests with various engine options that show up. Nevermind the comraderie and help with issues about your car....and the fantastic bbq, cole slaw, and baked beans that we throw together.

Just ribbing you about the ls1...cinquest is pretty awesome in his. FIP may bring their car up also. KenMarrow and StarV8 have both brought their cars up if you want to look at different manufacturers v8 conversions. There will be other aftermarket setups and stockers also. Great meet to make.

Jimmy

jimmy when is the meet, i may come out this year..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to rake more muck ...

"Whoever said there's no replacement for displacement, obviously hasn't heard of high revs and boost."

-Someone

"Displacement vs. high revs and boost? I need a blueprinted LS9 and two T04s, stat."

-Me

:thumbsup:

Oh, and you guys do know a LS1 with a T67 w/ 28 psi would make around 1,600 RWHP.. Right..?

and be heavy as hell in comparison to the starion that killed at import shoot outs for 2008 . lol oh yeah because of all the other factors your 1k + hp wouldn't be that much if any faster 1/4. numbers dont mean sheet if my dcr srt-4 gets me across the line under 10 and with less hp ^^ or starion or skyline or supra or ...gosh it goes on.. muscle isnt all powerful any more. there are better more efficient cars. but muscle is fun. and loud.

it really does come down to what you like and how you like to do it. it can all be done now. thinking you cant be beet by something generally means you mouth will be hanging open at some point ^^ i got beat by a sentra once with 5 psi and no body weight. left me sitting like nothing dam thing. lol

Edited by silkdagger05

wow I am really off topic ^^ shows how much we love our i4 mopars ^^

I think, I will get a mopar decal in bold black put on my quest ^^

Edited by silkdagger05

and be heavy as hell in comparison to the starion that killed at import shoot outs for 2008 . lol oh yeah because of all the other factors your 1k + hp wouldn't be that much if any faster 1/4. numbers dont mean sheet if my dcr srt-4 gets me across the line under 10 and with less hp ^^ or starion or skyline or supra or ...gosh it goes on.. muscle isnt all powerful any more. there are better more efficient cars. but muscle is fun. and loud.

it really does come down to what you like and how you like to do it. it can all be done now. thinking you cant be beet by something generally means you mouth will be hanging open at some point ^^ i got beat by a sentra once with 5 psi and no body weight. left me sitting like nothing dam thing. lol

I'm not talking about a drag car, i'm talking about a 5th gear run on the highway in mexico..

Anyhow, I will believe what I want, and you guys can do the same. I prefer my Conquest over a Camaro, but I love the sound of a cammed up LSx.. I was proving a point that a LSx would make more power over than the G54B with the same turbo/boost, and that all V8 lovers arn't idiots..

Oh yeah, and I saw a Civic today that the tag said "VTECH" LOL

Edited by BlowinUp54B's

Oh yeah, and I saw a Civic today that the tag said "VTECH" LOL

Look closely at this Scion ...

http://lvracingscene.com/UserFiles/Image/ROTM/tCturbo/IMG_6166.jpg

http://lvracingscene.com/UserFiles/Image/ROTM/tCturbo/IMG_6192.jpg

http://lvracingscene.com/UserFiles/Image/ROTM/tCturbo/IMG_6243.jpg

Upon closer inspection, that sticker says FUHC VTEC , not DOHC VTEC like many think.

This very car was for sale in my area a while back, but it was bone-stock when I saw it.

READ under were it says

CONQUEST TURBO:

VIRTUAL STATICTICS

ENGINE: 2.6 liter, elecronically fuel-injected, turbocharged 4 cyl, aluminum hemi head, oil cooler, silent shaft counterbalancing system for reduced noise and vibration.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p209/on4now4/new-img3.jpg

Edited by 19cturbo

I think it's ironic that Mopar supplied parts for the Conquest in the 80's. Such as; The mud flaps, the louvers, and well.. that's about it I think. I remember because my car came with an original 1988 brochure from Chrysler. Great performance parts. Really.. just great.

You build any import you can think of and go against a top fuel dragster or funny car in the 1/4...you don't have a chance.

But on the other hand, who wants to rebuild their engine every quarter mile ?

There are pros and cons for both type engines if power is what you are looking for.

Jimmy

A dragster is only a dragster. It wil never be anything else.

There are 9 and 10 supras lurking in NYC, great street manners, full interior, picks up chicks and best of all, no attention from cops.

You guys seriously went this far with this topic?

Frickin LOL.

Anyone here ever drive a 9 or 10 second car?

Hell, even a high 12 car will decimate most everybody you come across on the street. It's only when you set up actual races that you have any problems.

Who gives a crap what someone favors in terms of brand? Get real.