10th ANNUAL VA AREA STARQUESTS

scotty

CLOSED  

18 members have voted

1. 1. SATURDAY MARCH 21ST IT IS .

• March 7th
    • March 21st

It looks like enough people to do a little pot luck cookout. We all need to do something for food. If everyone would bring a little something (hot dogs, hamburger, chips, buns, soda, beer, small grill) we could make it happen. We could all pitch in there and make a run or all bring some thing with you. How about a little feed back folks... Edited by busdriver

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like enough people to do a little pot luck cookout. We all need to do something for food. If everyone would bring a little something (hot dogs, hamburger, chips, buns, soda, beer, small grill) we could make it happen. We could all pitch in there and make a run or all bring some thing with you. How about a little feed back folks...

This sounds like a plan to me!

If we can con Scotty into bringing his grill, and we bring all the food, we'll be in good shape.

Edited by TopDawg_43

Alright Scotty I respect your decision regarding the grill. Just thought if others brought the food, would make it easy on ya. I've deleted the message bringing the hot dogs and buns to avoid misleading people. Edited by busdriver

It looks like enough people to do a little pot luck cookout. We all need to do something for food. If everyone would bring a little something (hot dogs, hamburger, chips, buns, soda, beer, small grill) we could make it happen. We could all pitch in there and make a run or all bring some thing with you. How about a little feed back folks...
I thought the $10 buck were supposed to give to scotty was for the food and stuff. Correct me if i am wrong.

GF is not coming this year so nobody to gather the food drinks etc I dont think I will be brining a huge grill either so Not sure what to tell you all as far as a cookout goes . I have always brought a large cooler in full of drinks ice etc . Most likely will be covering it up at the gate this time maybe even come in w it empty I will supply some drinks and ice maybe a few cups , but as far as I can tell you wont be hauling a grill

Looks like my 'quest is down for the count AGAIN. City tagged it to be towed if I don't get it fixed so I'm puttin it in hiding since I can't manage to get that bolt out STILL. If anyone happens to have a spare bracket for the right rear brake caliper send it my way. Otherwise she sits waiting for parts yet again.

Looks like my 'quest is down for the count AGAIN. City tagged it to be towed if I don't get it fixed so I'm puttin it in hiding since I can't manage to get that bolt out STILL. If anyone happens to have a spare bracket for the right rear brake caliper send it my way. Otherwise she sits waiting for parts yet again.

I may have the part you need but no time to get it to you before the meet got a plateful myself Is it the caliper "anchor" ? what bolt is stuck ? the bolts that hold it to the hub or the tiny 12mm ones that hold the caliper to the anchor ? a machinist should be able to make light work out of any bolt removal if you have the bracket in hand take it to a professional .

Edited by scotty

Well .. I'm driving the Starion! May not be the prettiest one there. But it ain't the slowest either ;)

Wish me luck! Never taken her on an 8 hour ride before. My intake gasket is leaking some but that shouldn't be an issue. Drove it to work (34 miles each way) all week and any had to put about half a quart in her. As long as I stay off boost it barely leaks at all.

See you all soon!

Edit: Just got my "Garage on Wheels" all packed up with 3/4 of the tools I own and a bunch of parts, just in case.

Edited by psu_Crash

The slide pin it's a 14mm head but that thing is SOLID rusted in there. I'm going to be spending Saturday trying to get the blasted thing out before the city tows my car (I hid it for the time being but who knows what they'll do I KNOW VA Beach will come hunt it down if they can find it take it).

But yeah I believe it's the anchor that's got the stuck bolt and I have the part off the car so I can beat on it some more but I'll likely be drilling it out and seeing if I can score the right size tap somewhere if I can't find a replacement in the near future.

Mark this down DON'T PAINT YOUR CALIPERS ON THE CAR (I didn't do it previous owner did and I have a feeling it's a major contributor to this blasted situation).

Edited by Big Al

The slide pin it's a 14mm head but that thing is SOLID rusted in there. I'm going to be spending Saturday trying to get the blasted thing out before the city tows my car (I hid it for the time being but who knows what they'll do I KNOW VA Beach will come hunt it down if they can find it take it).

Well that sucks. The Boy and I will be leaving out in the morning, headed to Richmond.

Tonight, I gotta clean her up.

The Woo-Ride rides again!!!!!!

i am going to bring a couple portable charcoal grills with me. So we now have a way to cook something.They are not super large, but cook very well for hot dogs, hamburgers,chicken etc.. they are also disposable and easy clean up.ohh heck, what the hay, I will pick up some hotdogs and buns too. Can someone brings some condiments? Hey just stop by a fast food place and get a burger and fill your bag up with packets lol

edit-ok i have 24 hotdogs and buns,24 hamburgers and buns,ketchup,mustard,couple mountain dews(my fav 12 pack) and a couple bud lights(1 case)I am going to try and stop by and get a couple of the disposable grills on my way out tonight to go to scottys. i am excited to see the guys again. see yall tomorrow. see you tonight scotty

Edited by Strickdawg

We spent 1/2 the day detailing this T80 car My camera suxz but it didnt turn out bad at all . My car got washed 2 days ago may get another quick dusting off tomorrow .

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/DSCN0551.JPG

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/DSCN0554~0.JPG

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/DSCN0555~0.JPG

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/DSCN0556~0.JPG

Edited by scotty

We spent 1/2 the day detailing this T80 car My camera suxz but it didnt turn out bad at all . My car got washed 2 days ago may get another quick dusting off tomorrow .

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/DSCN0556~0.JPG

:eek1bluegreen:

Big difference from the last time I saw it.

Wow .. what a trip so far. Took me 11 hours to make what I thought was going to be 8 or less! Traffic was backed up bumper to bumper and not movong on I-83 South, apparently the stop and go heated up my brakes enough that BOTH fronts locked up on me! Spent an hour along side the road letting things cool down and waiting for traffic to start moving. Things cooled down and all is well. Thank God! Currently at the Super 8 in Williamsburg. Grabbing a shower and heading out within a half hour or so. I need to find a car wash!

Looks like I'm about an hour to hour 1/2 away. See you all soon!