the feeling you get after cleaning up your quest.

silkdagger05

So This week end was finally nice weather. So I went and bought a bunch of things for my car. and set too work on her. making her nicer and cleaner. when I was done, I sat down on the porch and looked her over thinking about much I just like my car.

I noticed my friends only talk about how much there car $$ or how fast it is. Hardly do any of them just enjoy the car. Treat it well.

It's something I like about my car. Even tho its older and can be a pain when it feels like it .I still enjoy seeing it clean and running well.( she started right up for me. (^^)

Any one else take advantage of the weather to enjoy their car?

I worked on a couple over the weekend and got my son to wash the black one yesterday...does that count ?

Jimmy

YUP :)

i did the same i went out to the garage polished the wheels up and was going to start it and let her run for a little while but my fuel pump is bad lol

I only found one new problem. ^^ and I was shocked as the car has bin covered all winter. a spot of surface rust the size of a dime. o.O :( so i am calling a pain place today to find out how to remove it before it hurts the car. I dont even know how it got there.

Edited by silkdagger05

I love the feeling of mine nice and clean.

Seriously, when I get to cleaning it, you can't touch my car without sliding or slipping. Same applies to the interior, leather conditioner and armor all from top to bottom.

Or like the photo in my sig, man did I ever feel good having a shiny muffler.

Edited by Fanta

I love the feeling of mine nice and clean.

Seriously, when I get to cleaning it, you can't touch my car without sliding or slipping. Same applies to the interior, leather conditioner and armor all from top to bottom.

Or like the photo in my sig, man did I ever feel good having a shiny muffler.

uhg my paint isnt perfect. its not bad. but not perfect so I am calling around to see what it cost of a custom paint job to get the stock color ....fanta might stalk and kill me if I turn the color.

Edited by silkdagger05

uhg my paint isnt perfect. its not bad. but not perfect so I am calling around to see what it cost of a custom paint job to get the stock color ....fanta might stalk and kill me if I turn the color.

Fanta is a long-distance worry. I'd have you stuffed and mounted on a mahogany placard if you painted it anything besides Valencia Gold. :D

This is inspiring me to fix the G54B in my Starion and go for a drive with ya, Tony.

Nor is mine. Seriously, I was at a DIY carwash and brought the pressure washer a bit close to my hood... and screamed ( literally, SCREAMED ) when I realized it was taking the paint off of my hood. The roof of my car has what I call age spots. Old man spots, where the clearcoat has faded in some areas. My header panel has specks of rust, my front bumper shows where it used to have a front license plate frame up north <_< There are little dings here and there on the car, but no matter what, the car is still my pride and joy. I think the only other Starion that's in worse condition than mine is pure_insanity's :scared0016: but that thing is a beater

too cold right now for me, but once it warms up im gonna wash and wax it with Mother's Synwax, and i gotta do a full engine bay clean, because i have little nut shells in the strut towers from mice!! lol and its all dirty, i gotta shine it up. cant wait for summer

Graham

Fanta is a long-distance worry. I'd have you stuffed and mounted on a mahogany placard if you painted it anything besides Valencia Gold. :D

This is inspiring me to fix the G54B in my Starion and go for a drive with ya, Tony.

LOL I was looking at parting my car out dave^^ fanta kinda convinced me not. I dono...

SHE RUNS really nice now... all smooth.

just needs the advanced vac played with a little.

lol I dont have alot wrong with mine and people who call get all worried and or call it a pos when I tell them the little work they have left or its...my old ( insert car) for example, mustang, is faster than this.. I am like okay leave lol.

Edited by silkdagger05

I cleaned mine up the other day...went out, drove it around and took some pictures. Happier than ever, car ran beautifully.

The next morning I go outside to find it had rained overnight, waterspots galore :( and, when I clean it, I find more imperfections, and that just ticks me off...lol

oh well.

and the rust I knocked out and welded shut when I painted is starting to bubble again <_<

I, with help from 87Quest-Tsi (Dave), installed my MK1 rear camber plates and new Rear KYBs. solved my -5* camber from worn out mounts and rides much better. Maybe next weekend the fronts.