Conquest problems

CONQUEST POWER

Idk if rust in the gas lines or gas tank would ruin an injector but its an idea. If they are new and everything than it has to be something further back. Maybe something wrong with the connections? idk

well checked the fuel system gas tank,lines,new fuel filter.no rust hooked up injection tester just not sure were to go from here.if their is

any master quest guru please help thanks

Have you cleaned the prongs on the injectors ? Take a 9 volt battery rig up an injector clip to one side of it and touch the other prong briefly a few times. You should be able to hear the injector "click" each time. If you hear that, the injector is activating. From there run some inj. cleaner through it. It isn't hard to rig an inj. tester. A small battery, and inj. clip, piece of rubber hose (I use clear hose from an aquarium), and some compressed air turned down to 20 psi or so.

Clamp the hose to the inj. Squirt some inj. cleaner in it. Clamp the air nozzle to the other end of the hose. Touch the battery to the clip to activate the inj. and give it some air at the same time. I would suggest catching it in a coffee can or a similar container. You can see the spray coming out of the injector and check the spray pattern at the same time.

Jimmy

Have you cleaned the prongs on the injectors ? Take a 9 volt battery rig up an injector clip to one side of it and touch the other prong briefly a few times. You should be able to hear the injector "click" each time. If you hear that, the injector is activating. From there run some inj. cleaner through it. It isn't hard to rig an inj. tester. A small battery, and inj. clip, piece of rubber hose (I use clear hose from an aquarium), and some compressed air turned down to 20 psi or so.

Clamp the hose to the inj. Squirt some inj. cleaner in it. Clamp the air nozzle to the other end of the hose. Touch the battery to the clip to activate the inj. and give it some air at the same time. I would suggest catching it in a coffee can or a similar container. You can see the spray coming out of the injector and check the spray pattern at the same time.

Jimmy

thanks their is a tester that does that and you can chose how many times you want it to pulse. it works then put it back together car runs great few hundred miles,then all over agine.this is now the third injector so help thanks everone

you may need to soak them internaly with carb cleaner a few times for a few hours each time, also when cleaning the inj terminals ,use cotton swabs and spray battery terminal cleaner , use the wet swabs to soak the terminals before and after cleaning , and before coating with grease

bump ?????????

Im sure there could be things that are shorting them out, but if they were grounding out or shorting out I wouldn't think the car would run properly ya know? I would try a set of new injectors and see what happens. Its only your green injector taking a dump? Buy a new greenie and see what happens, if it goes then your problem is elsewhere. Can;t think of anything that would do that tho expecially since the car is running well.

Im sure there could be things that are shorting them out, but if they were grounding out or shorting out I wouldn't think the car would run properly ya know? I would try a set of new injectors and see what happens. Its only your green injector taking a dump? Buy a new greenie and see what happens, if it goes then your problem is elsewhere. Can;t think of anything that would do that tho expecially since the car is running well.

Thats the thing the car is not runing right cause the injector.So that is what i want to know, is the somthing

shorten the sec injector green top any one PLEASE HEEEEEELP :confused0024: :confused0024:

Its $18 to clean them, send them off and get it over with now go get some new spark plugs or clean the black fouled one that you likely have from those dirty injectors

www.witchhunter.com

SOUNDS GOOD but if they flow what wood short the sec injector out over and over.shut off,safty switch, just dont know thanks thow.

You do realize that the secondary injector only is used when there is a quick throttle position change, the rpms are say past 3000 or there is boost pressure right? If there is a "short" as you say I doubt it cause there is always full battery voltage to the injectors and the ECU just makes the ground to fire them. What makes you think they are "shorted" out?

If the ECU is fried I suppose that may burn out an injector but I've never ever heard of one of these injectors ever being "burned" out.

You do realize that the secondary injector only is used when there is a quick throttle position change, the rpms are say past 3000 or there is boost pressure right? If there is a "short" as you say I doubt it cause there is always full battery voltage to the injectors and the ECU just makes the ground to fire them. What makes you think they are "shorted" out?

If the ECU is fried I suppose that may burn out an injector but I've never ever heard of one of these injectors ever being "burned" out.

Thats the problem, try to get any boost starts to pull then deid spot but boost gauge still goes up. now somtimes it will do good pull like crazy.

so just hate to spend money on new injectors, and short them out just dont have money to throw out the window.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds to me like you have a bunch of dirty injectors that all need cleaned. I really really doubt you burned out any of them. Here's what you can do if you suspect they are "dead" like I said they are just dirty I bet.

That upper portion of the throttlebody, leave both injectors in that then remove the two bolts and pull that out of the throttlebody base. Take that and turn it out into the air towards the front of the car and put a rag under it. Remove the coil wire from the distributor cap and lay it right on the negative battery cable. Put the clip only to the black primary injector leave the other one unplugged and hold those injectors so they won't pop out. Have someone crank over the motor and watch the primary spray fuel. Now put that wire from the black injector over on the secondary injector and crank the motor again and watch this secondary injector which is to dispense over DOUBLE the fuel that the primary sprays barely piss out fuel. Now send them all off to be cleaned.

If it does spray and it appears that it is much more fuel and it still won't run then you need to look at the wire clip for that secondary injector and go back and look to see if where a new clip was attached the connection was good on the clip but tied into nasty corroded black and green wire stands on the harness and you need to go back further and get some good wire in the harness to connect to.

You can also do this by removing the pipe to the throttle inlet and shine a light down in there and watch them spray but since you have extra secondarys to check I'd just hold it in the air. If you let them fall out you will get sprayed with high pressure fuel do hold them firmly and don't let go after the motor stops cranking there will still be fuel pressure there.

Thats the problem, try to get any boost starts to pull then deid spot but boost gauge still goes up. now somtimes it will do good pull like crazy.

so just hate to spend money on new injectors, and short them out just dont have money to throw out the window.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Dude Indiana knows his crap about these cars lol, get yer injectors cleaned.

Sounds to me like you have a bunch of dirty injectors that all need cleaned. I really really doubt you burned out any of them. Here's what you can do if you suspect they are "dead" like I said they are just dirty I bet.

That upper portion of the throttlebody, leave both injectors in that then remove the two bolts and pull that out of the throttlebody base. Take that and turn it out into the air towards the front of the car and put a rag under it. Remove the coil wire from the distributor cap and lay it right on the negative battery cable. Put the clip only to the black primary injector leave the other one unplugged and hold those injectors so they won't pop out. Have someone crank over the motor and watch the primary spray fuel. Now put that wire from the black injector over on the secondary injector and crank the motor again and watch this secondary injector which is to dispense over DOUBLE the fuel that the primary sprays barely piss out fuel. Now send them all off to be cleaned.

If it does spray and it appears that it is much more fuel and it still won't run then you need to look at the wire clip for that secondary injector and go back and look to see if where a new clip was attached the connection was good on the clip but tied into nasty corroded black and green wire stands on the harness and you need to go back further and get some good wire in the harness to connect to.

You can also do this by removing the pipe to the throttle inlet and shine a light down in there and watch them spray but since you have extra secondarys to check I'd just hold it in the air. If you let them fall out you will get sprayed with high pressure fuel do hold them firmly and don't let go after the motor stops cranking there will still be fuel pressure there.

THANKS for the info very help for thanks agine

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for everyones in put help out alot.So i got the injectors cleaned terminals.Oh then went threw the fuel lines to the pump, there was a littel filter in the line fulled with dirt cleaned new hose.took it for a drive WOWWWWWW 20psi like a champ.SO thinks agine every one best site ever.

Thanks

Jason