'83 Cannonball Run II car Started and Quit.

Tim_C.

• 2 weeks later...

The original problem with it starting and then stopping right away, was the fuel pump. I could smack it and it would start up to run fine.

Swapped pumps to fix that.

Yes, it is the original car from the movie.

what i find kinda ironic, is that the problem that took almost a year to find was pointed to in the very first replay to this post!!! good job BrazilBoy for pegging it on the first shot ;) ! glad to hear that another one is fixed!

what i find kinda ironic, is that the problem that took almost a year to find was pointed to in the very first replay to this post!!! good job BrazilBoy for pegging it on the first shot http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif ! glad to hear that another one is fixed!

Yup Jackie Chan knows all.....

what i find kinda ironic, is that the problem that took almost a year to find was pointed to in the very first replay to this post!!! good job BrazilBoy for pegging it on the first shot ;) ! glad to hear that another one is fixed!

I figured it out fairly soon after the problem started happening, so I am not sure what you are refering to?

I found more recently that the head must be cracked, or a gasket problem, but I suspect a cracked head. There is pressure building up in the coolant only in high gear (5th) under load. I have another head that is practically brand new to put in as soon as I have some time. Other than that, the car actually runs and drives well now, so as soon as I put that other head on, it should be good to go. I have it in the yard at the shop waiting for when I have the time. Like I've said before, the steering and suspension only have about 3,000 miles on them. It still has the OEM brakes on it too.

I had a set posted on the site before and they got lost. I just never got around to reposting them. I am traveling with no pictures on this PC, so I will try to get some posted after I get home, but it might be sometime in January.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...