After 6 years. I've located my first car. Very sentimental..

Kreal

When I was 15 1/2 years old, my dad took me car shopping for my first car. We went to several lots and I looked at many different types of cars until one lot.... we pulled up and as soon as I got out of the car I noticed a very interesting looking old car sitting cramped in with the others... it had a white vinyl top. A 1977 Plymouth Fury !! It was totally original down to the AM radio and hubcaps. Mint condition car.. extremely low miles, and wow was it a beauty. I bought it !

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3680/myfury1vu2.jpg

I drove it through highschool and felt like a million dollars when I drove it. I was very proud of that car! Received compliments from kids my age, and from the older crowd. A year later I decided I wanted to change cars...and I bought my first Conquest. But, to fund it.. I had to sell the Fury. This was BIG LIFE MISTAKE #1 I've made in my life.. I've made 3 of those so far, but I won't get into that. My dad told me to hold on to the Fury...but I didn't listen, I was young... I wanted a FAST car, not an old boat. So I sold it.......................................

For years I always regretted it. I'd search ebay under PLYMOUTH'FURY nearly once a week in hopes to see it, to no avail. When ever I was at local car shows, or just driving by some cars going to a show I'd always see a General Lee Charger followed by a 77 Fury Cop car... always. I'd of course always say ' My fury was like that ! Only not a cop car '...

For 6 years I've wondered what happened to it..missed it... and started posting ads on Craigslist looking for it, to no avail. Last night I read a 'Fury parts for sale' post and emailed the seller and asked him if he knew of any blue 77 furys. He replied and we spoke for a bit.. He asked me if I bought it from a car lot on W. Reseve rd, we talked more and it turns out HE is the one who bought my car ! He went out and took pictures of the compass, floor mats and radio I put in it before I sold it to him.

I was THRILLED to know the car was still alive !!! I asked him for more pictures and then he said ... ' the car isn't the way you'd want it..im not sure you would like it..its changed... ' So I replied no matter what it looks like, it will bring me great pleasure to see the car again, send the pics !

He sent this !

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3711/fury2gd6.jpg

That is MY old Fury, converted into a Dukes of Hazard replica cop car. That is his Charger infront of it. He travels to the shows in pairs.. It was HIS cars, MY OLD CAR that I always saw and never knew it !

I thought of wanting to buy it back, but its not the same now.... and, it looks like its with the best owner it could have... and my wondering can stop now. I am very glad to close the book on this one.

Man Paul...that is just the definition of cool. Really surprised to find it, and i'm not just saying it because you have a lot of cars (lol), but yes I agree its with the best owner. If you would want it back, you wouldn't be content until it was the way you bought it. Besides it really looks like its kickin some butt now hah. I remember you telling me about the bus driver asking you about that way back in Ursuline days. You got that thing for what 600, 700 bucks? Edited by ColdScrip

At least it's in good hands, I was foolish enough to sell my shelby csx-t that was uber rare and low miles. I actually wanted something bigger. I sold it and it came up for sale just a month or 2 ago. It was riced out, original parts replaced with ricer junk, even the CS-recaro's. Car still only had 83k but it was leaking everywhere. I was so sad to see it that way.

At least it's in good hands, I was foolish enough to sell my shelby csx-t that was uber rare and low miles. I actually wanted something bigger. I sold it and it came up for sale just a month or 2 ago. It was riced out, original parts replaced with ricer junk, even the CS-recaro's. Car still only had 83k but it was leaking everywhere. I was so sad to see it that way.

That is why I have no intention, in selling my Neon ACR NYG. 1 of 98....too rare for me to stomach the thought of getting rid of.

Sweet. While in the army I was home visiting a few years back and saw the vehicle I first learned to drive, a '69 Chevy 4x4, olive green resprayed dark green with a white stripe on the hood, about 15 miles south of where I currently live. I would give good money to have the truck in my driveway. Ahhhhhhh, memories.

wow man thats cool i just had something like that happen to me this week as well a buddy of mine bought my original car little to his knowledge anyways my first car was a 1986 plymouth conquest tsi well back in 2003 i sold the car to a underserving kid well he left with the car and never came back for the tittle as i told him i had to find it but he was impatient so a month went by after the sell he gets in contact with me and says the car burned down could i sell him another one well ever since then i thought it was destroyed well turns out the car only had a small engine fire nothing major well my 2 buddies gary and john found it 30 miles southwest from me in a gentlemans backyard and bought it with the intentions of making a track car out of it since there was no tittle well they took the car to johns house on sunday of last week well the monday john had me come out to his house to deliver some parts and it was late that night so when i got there john was off at his brothers house so i was waiting and i was like i will just go check this new car out and i walk over to it and i start looking at it and i started to realize i knew this car and i ran around back and i saw what was left of some vinyl letters on the spoiler that said DINGO and i about had a heart attack and i called john told him what i had figured out and we traded project cars lol and i got my first car back and the cool thing is it runs still and its still in my name lol

I would have chosen he kept it original, but that was his choice. The car was flawless, inside, and out. No rust, the vinyl top and interior were perfect. That car was WOW. Perect chrome. Really no flaws at all. I never should have sold it oh well.

I bet the car was a 1 owner when I got it (all original, paper work, AM radio,hubcaps)...purchased new by some elderly person ..traded in to the dealership..sold to me.. kid who hotrodded it, enjoyed it, loved it - and sold it...... now it spends its time going to car shows, parades, etc. Im proud I could be a part of that cars life.

One day a few years ago I was behind a semi-truck with a flatbed load of smashed cars going to the shredder and I saw a 77 fury chrome rear bumper sticking out of the pile ! My heart sank into my stomache when I saw that.. I always wondered and hoped it wasn't my car. Glad it wasn't, very glad !

pretty cool. I thought it was going to have been turned into a back yard BBQ grill and a sofa.

When i bought my quest i didnt understand the pressure that came with it. Because after buying it i started to understand that it wasnt only my car, it was every previous owners car as well. Its the reason i dont drive it in the winter, and the reason i wont just let it die. Never do i want to give the answer "its junkyarded" to the previous owner of the car that put all that work and hard labor into it.

Of course then you have the flip side of that, such is the case with the FJ-60 sitting in the garage right now. Ended up saving it from the previous owner who drove it to near total destruction.

Nice story.

If it makes you feel any better, I found my first car not too long ago - '79 Rx7 GT - but it was in a wrecking yard and looked to have been slid into a telephone pole sideways. Confirmed it was mine too, VIN SA22C5430276. Still had the GSL-SE leather I swapped in, but it was in shambles, my fabric-wrapped dash was ripped and looked burnt, and the engine was missing. It used to have an RB header, Weber 45DCOE side-draft, carbon apex seals from a 13B filed down, a custom-port by me [bridge-port], two sets of Mallory points, a Koyo radiator from a 240SX and an oil cooler from a Cummins Dodge.