just venting

spoolinturbo

So i spent $250 on trying to make this porsche run today and no dice grrrrrr.

I home fabbed some fuel lines and wired in a starion fuel pump =D hahaha. its kicking fuel...and turning over like a mother but not catching anything. So 2morrow i am going to crank it over and pull the fuel rail line and see what exactly is getting there, then shoot some ether down the tube. prob change spark plugs too. I pulled them and they looked very clean...but who knows...grr

What year/model/engine is it?

I would suggest a compression test, and of course if it's been sitting a while (like a year and a half or more) you should go ahead and clean the entire fuel system.

Other than that I would look for some good Porsche forums.

-GCNTSi.

i have a saab like your porsche.getting gas...getting fire...nothinbg happening....just turns over and over.spray gas down the intake...fires up...will idle about 5 seconds and die.

new fuel relays.......new computer.

stupid cars.

Most common Isuues on no start.

Ok here ya go, you need to check the DME realy it is located at right side under the hood right next to the windshield, it should be located on the relay box lid indicating which it is. Put jumper wire to slot 30, 87, 87B this will force the fuel pump on. If it starts shut it off and take apart your DME relay and clean it.

Also if the car has sat the injectors are clogged, pull them get a 9V battery, 24' of fuel line, good set of fuel line clamps, a bottle of good fuel injector cleaner or WD40,and an air compressor. Place the line on the injectors, fill the line with the cleaner, put the air compressor nozzle and clamp that. Put the battery to the injector to put it in the open position then blast away this will get them going for cheap, I had to do this all the time as the ethanol they put in gas nowadays cloggs them to heck. Almost every summer back in Denver.

Behind the valve cover near the firewall are 2 sensors these set the timing for the ecu clean them and put back. Also try and switch postion. Most common mistake on these cars.

If you are still stuck then shoot me a pm. I was a german car mechanic for a few years way back when. Mostly mercedes, but some porsches and ferraris aswell.

Clean your contacts on the coil, very sensitive unit. Reseat all your relays and fuses.

pretty sweet info! im going to have to try some of that other stuff out!! I jumped the pump before readin this, changed the plugs and installed an MSD blaster coil and she fired right up. Sounds a little rough but it may have to do with the blaster coil because the stock wire does not really seat well on the blaster coil, so ill have to see if i can get a new wire for it...

I just ordered my windshield too!! but ill have to catch up on this a little later because im at work and these jets need-a-working =/ And my internet at the house is down because the floors are getting redone so the internet had to be moved...bla

i have a saab like your porsche.getting gas...getting fire...nothinbg happening....just turns over and over.spray gas down the intake...fires up...will idle about 5 seconds and die.

new fuel relays.......new computer.

stupid cars.

That saab issue sounds like a MAP or MAS issue. depending on your year . Check the vacuum lines and electrical harness connections. I had a problem like that and the map sensor wasnt plugged in.

thats the bad news =/ i tossed the old one and after i did i was like...crap should not have done that!!! but i know of one in a junk yard that im going to rape for headlights and maybe a few switches...so ill see if that one is good!!

yea its a high tower cap, but...just shaped different. Everything is weird, some people are asking $150/each for door handles!! and i need a set grrrrrr.

i cant wait to get off 12 hour shifts so i can get some work done, i still have to take pix of my seats, put the SQ in the garage so i can finish up the fuel lines...

good thing i get 11 days off starting thursday!! woo hoo!!

oh i have NO idea when that belt was changed...even though its a clean motor, i dont trust it. I talked to a porsche racer/builder guy who owns a shop in town, he said the timing belts are necessity...even though he charges $900!! also stated there are an abundant of special tools needed for the job, so its not like i can do it in an afternoon with my tools...bla

that bmw i got las t winter had same prob from sitting so long.I ended up taking the cover off the fp relay and they worked.The injectors were cloggeg.ran cleaner thru system.Drained bad gas outta tank.I replaced both fuel pumps just because this was gonna be a daily driver.Glad I did.kinda pricy but so was puttin 500 a mounth in gas in my truck.

Most of the things I have had to get for the bmw haven't been too bad considering.Only because i can do the work myself.porche and mercedes a different story I hear.

In the end i have just over a grand in a car i drive the hell out of and get 30 mpg or better.I save running up miles on my truck and with gas back under 2 a gallon I really like it.

$900 is about right is it includes the waterpump and new pullies. Also wil he retension the belt after 3k or so with that. Some shops charge differently for the retension. The 2 most expensive things on these cars are the clutch and the t-belt.

There is a guy here in Hawaii who dominates scca time attack in his. non-turbo blown shocks, but compound-r slicks and stock engine too. So when that thing is going it will put a smile on your face ten miles wide.

Door handles: I got mine cheap shipped and all from ebay uk for $50. They sold tons of 944's in the uk.