conquest keeps locking itself

87whiteconquestblack

One of the locks is probably sticking. On my car it was the pass side lock since it doesn't get used as much it was hard to slide back and forth. When you go to open the door the power actuator would try and open the lock and you'd see it move a little then the doors would lock back.

I just took the door panel off and sprayed some food grade silicon on the rods and it was fine. I used food grade silicon by CRC (Green Lable can) because it is completely petroleum free and wont harm plastic, rubber or any of the moldings.

One of the locks is probably sticking. On my car it was the pass side lock since it doesn't get used as much it was hard to slide back and forth. When you go to open the door the power actuator would try and open the lock and you'd see it move a little then the doors would lock back.

I just took the door panel off and sprayed some food grade silicon on the rods and it was fine. I used food grade silicon by CRC (Green Lable can) because it is completely petroleum free and wont harm plastic, rubber or any of the moldings.

not to mention that petroleum causes fish eyes in fresh paint. fck that.

The cold weather doesn't help either. Everything seems to slow up some on my Conquest when it's really cold out. Sometimes I have to open the door quick as it will relock. I think it may be due to the fact that the passenger side door doesn't want to unlock when it's cold.

The cold weather doesn't help either. Everything seems to slow up some on my Conquest when it's really cold out. Sometimes I have to open the door quick as it will relock. I think it may be due to the fact that the passenger side door doesn't want to unlock when it's cold.

I forgot about that exactly like mine.............