EDIS Firing Order

Finally got around to finishing the Edis system but I don't know the order I should connect the plug wires at the coil pack. I know of car firing order is 1 3 4 2 but do I just follow the numbers on the coil pack? Thanks!

Edit: Connected everything up and hit the key, after checking that timing was 10 BTDC with SAW disconnected. Looks good. Tried to start it and it did all kinds of crazy things. So I had a friend crank it while I watched the timing light again. My MSD unit was still in along with the distributor just without the coil or plug wire atatched. This way my tach still works for now.

As soon as the car turns over is see an arc from the top of the MSD coil to the negative pole of the battery. Wow .. it's a 2 1/2" gap there (I measured) and that spark had no problem jumping it. I couldn't believe it. Always knew it was a high output system but i guess i never really thought about it.

Unhooked the 12V line to the coil and it fired right up, running rough but it ran. Looking around I see that I forgot to plug in the air temp sensor and a vacuum line or two. Hopefully that will take care of it. I didn't have time to do it tonight so maybe tomorrow morning.

Edited by psu_Crash

Finally got around to finishing the Edis system but I don't know the order I should connect the plug wires at the coil pack. I know of car firing order is 1 3 4 2 but do I just follow the numbers on the coil pack? Thanks!

yes, just follow the coil pack from i understand

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys.

It is running and with the SAW unhooked it stays dead at 10 BDTC on the timing light. So I think all is well!!

I have never put a timing light on a wasted spark setup before and it was a little odd at first thought something was really wrong since only every other timig strobe actually showed the mark on my crank pulley. LOL then i remembered :)

Also found out that my cold start enrichments and warm-up enrichments are not at all tuned for when it's 15 degrees outisde. Ran like crap at first till it warmed up a bit.