10's.   If not, does anyone know what will?  I would like to comfortably

get under 12's

I am thinking about this setup.....

16g turbo

EIP intake, fuel management and head

upgrade fuel pump

straight through exhaust.

What do ya'll think??

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the EIP car also has a 200hp shot of NOS to help it get into the low 10's.  ;)  ( They also have a Ford 9" rear too, don't they?)

You'd also need quite a bit more then what you listed to get, "comfortably

under 12's."

Save your money on the EIP intake and talk to Chad S. on here about the intake he's designed.  

Right on Marc...

Gunna need at least a 20G and Chad's MPI intake to run CONSISTENT middle 12's.

If you want to run like EIP your going to need a heap load of go fast goodies!

Sub 12's?? You got your plate full shooting for those ET's! Not only that but the car won't be the most street friendly either most likely.

Shoot for 12's (that's FAST!!!) then go from there is my advice.

I thought the NOS om the EIP car was for the launch only.....they needed

it to come off the line.  Also, I think it was only a 75 hp shot.

Hey Chad....if you are out there do you have pics of your MIP  intake system?

I guess I will set my sights on hitting mid 12's.  

Is there any other mitsu engine that would bolt right on the exsisting tranny?

I want to get about 250 to 300hp ....... by any means !  

i believe they use the T04E turbo, 75hp shot nitrous, their cannon intake, of course a built up engine, probably at least an 88/89 transmission.. maybe different rear end gear ratio, tech 2 management, and i hear it is streetable?.. like to know how with that big a** turbo

Maybe someone can help me clear something up....Do you need the stand alone/extra injectors unit to reach 12's????

On Danzig's site:  http://home.kc.rr.com/newshore/Cars/Car.html

his best time was a 12.72@114 mph on street tires.  :o   In his mods  he does not list a Stand alone unit, extra injectors, or other such hardware.  From reading his engine mods, he has an extremely well built motor with a 20G.  And with the weight of a Starion/Conquest, you must figure that he has at least 350 to the wheels to hit that trap speed and time.

Personally, I am going to see if I can get at least 275 hp to the wheels, and I plan on doing that with either a 17C or an 18G.  Now of course I need a better fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator/exhaust/igniton system, I believe that this is possible.  Open to all comments!!!!! ;D

thealchemist12

i believe they use the T04E turbo, 75hp shot nitrous, their cannon intake, of course a built up engine, probably at least an 88/89 transmission.. maybe different rear end gear ratio, tech 2 management, and i hear it is streetable?.. like to know how with that big a** turbo

A To4E is not huge... depending on trim (i.e. a 46 trim) it ranges from a little bigger than a big 16g to a 60 trim which is a little smaller than a big 20G

Joel

they use the  tech 2 to tune out the idle problems, an the known (which mine has) the reocvery after a hard launch,. or exceleration back to idle.(the car loads up)  the last time i talke d to them,.(eip) he drives it back an forth to work.  ocasionally,. but maniley sits around in the garage. untill the track comes around,. they just completly tore that motor down, an he went an ordered a bigger turbo, for it. (he said "im going for 9's") hehehee, i told him it must- be nice :)   i guess, after you finally acomplish the ten's ( an we know that took a while )  he wants to make it faster.  I havent talked to them since ,..they messed up my exhaust, real badd. an im still pissed.

A To4E is not huge... depending on trim (i.e. a 46 trim) it ranges from a little bigger than a big 16g to a 60 trim which is a little smaller than a big 20G

Joel

ahh!!  excuse me,. but i would like to buy a T04E., an please stuff the smallest trims in my 60series housing's , so i can keep up (not pass) the smaller 20g's., oh well why not,. that 16g, is giving me a rough time too., Can you hook me up?  ,. :-/ man please.

Correction, a T04E 60 trim is much larger than a 20G.  I used to have a 20G, but I had to convert to a 3" inlet TD06 compressor housing to fit the T04E 60 trim compressor wheel.  If I remember correctly, the 20G inducer is about 2", whenereas the T04E is more like 2.3".  That's a huge difference!  

Later,

Mario.

http://www.turbocharged.com/catalog/compmaps/fig1.html

the .60 wheel on a TO4E flows about 1030 CFM at 15 PSI, not too sure what it flows like mated to a 20-G turbine, but the wheel is definatly larger than any 20-G compressor wheel.

I have a TO4B .60 HI-FI it's dimansions are almost identical to the TO4E .60 series.  Mine flows about 1064 CFM at 15 PSI,and a total limit of 1152 at 20 PSI.  I feel it's quite streetable, a slight lag till you pass about 3200 RPM, then it's all thrust to redline, even between shifts (I'm good at speed shifting).

Maybe someone can help me clear something up....Do you need the stand alone/extra injectors unit to reach 12's????

On Danzig's site:  http://home.kc.rr.com/newshore/Cars/Car.html

his best time was a 12.72@114 mph on street tires.  :o   In his mods  he does not list a Stand alone unit, extra injectors, or other such hardware.  From reading his engine mods, he has an extremely well built motor with a 20G.  And with the weight of a Starion/Conquest, you must figure that he has at least 350 to the wheels to hit that trap speed and time.

Personally, I am going to see if I can get at least 275 hp to the wheels, and I plan on doing that with either a 17C or an 18G.  Now of course I need a better fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator/exhaust/igniton system, I believe that this is possible.  Open to all comments!!!!! ;D

thealchemist12

Danzig had his car totally maxed out to get that time. He even went as far as using a VISE GRIP on his return fuel line to get more fuel pressure. I am not saying you can't do high 12's but you would be pushing the limits of the stock TBI definetely.

Max HP available from the stock injectors is 280hp at the flywheel. I don't see you making 275HP at the wheels with the stock ECU even if you add extra injectors.

People swap to MPI because of the total control. I found myself constantly tuning something or other with the 20G and 2 additional injectors.  I had 2 computers to tune, FP,MAS mods,timing...Too many things that needed to centralized....ala SDS.

My opinion is there are too many variables working with the OEM ECU once you start modding and pushing the envelope.  Frank proved this when he ran a whopping 12.8 with a 12A after the MPI/SDS swap.

ahh!!  excuse me,. but i would like to buy a T04E., an please stuff the smallest trims in my 60series housing's , so i can keep up (not pass) the smaller 20g's., oh well why not,. that 16g, is giving me a rough time too., Can you hook me up?  ,. :-/ man please.

Sorry if I offended, the maps that were produced to me for all To4E's were way off.

I appriciate Chad on producing a map.

Joel

EIP has 2 cars that they run.  The Blue one is Rob's  he occasionally drives it to work. I think it has the T-4 turbo with a 75 shot of NOS and a custom Richmond 4-speed transmission.  It has the tech II with a full race prep motor. His runs 10's with a 88-89 rear with welded gears to make a true full time posi rear.  Then there is the red beast with I think a t-66 tech II, full race motor, back halfed car with the ford 9" rear.  That one is also running the custoum Richmond 4 speed tranny.  I believe they are using NOS on that as well to spool up the turbo at launch.

To get into the 12's with stock intake setup will be difficult.  I would start with a minimal 20G or larger turbo along wiht a stand alone engine management system (ie SDS Tech II or even Haltech). Lastly I would recomend going with the Multi Port Fuel injection setup.  You need lots of fuel, lots of air and a way to control them.  With out these three upgrades it will be tough.  Obviously you will need a solid motor to start with.

EIP has 2 cars that they run.  The Blue one is Rob's  he occasionally drives it to work. I think it has the T-4 turbo with a 75 shot of NOS and a custom Richmond 4-speed transmission.  It has the tech II with a full race prep motor. His runs 10's with a 88-89 rear with welded gears to make a true full time posi rear.  Then there is the red beast with I think a t-66 tech II, full race motor, back halfed car with the ford 9" rear.  That one is also running the custoum Richmond 4 speed tranny.  I believe they are using NOS on that as well to spool up the turbo at launch.

To get into the 12's with stock intake setup will be difficult.  I would start with a minimal 20G or larger turbo along wiht a stand alone engine management system (ie SDS Tech II or even Haltech). Lastly I would recomend going with the Multi Port Fuel injection setup.  You need lots of fuel, lots of air and a way to control them.  With out these three upgrades it will be tough.  Obviously you will need a solid motor to start with.

Did he ever get the new turbo,. an the motor put together for his car?? , an have you seen him at the track yet??  What is he running now??  thankx. :)

I'm assuming he = Rob.  The last time we spoke was around the first of the year and he was looking for a daily driver so that he could dedicate his car to the track.  I don't know what's going on now.

yeah = Rob, i forgot to put in the name.  :)  There (eip ), is prety much the reason why i got myself into this.,  ten sec, in the 1/4.  with a 4 cylinder.  I had to have one. but they turned out to be so dang expensive.  An there turn-around sucked, for any work you needed done. Thanx for the info. (pretty good bunch of people) any how

yeah I know first hand about the turn-around and price.  They gave me the royal treatment.  You are right about nice group of guys, they just make better friends then buisness people.  Dan, do you live in the Baltimore/ Westminster area?  I grew up in Manchester and now live in White Marsh.  Shoot me an email if you want to hookup sometime.

Kris

thats cool,. defently better friends, then business. hehee.  i used to live in westminster, a while back.  now im stuck in florida.  They said if i ever made it back, that he could give me a tour, to check it out.  i guess they redid the inside or something.  I might take you up on that. Im not sure when i'll get a chance to come around, ( a few more classes, then im done  :)   But i'll defently stop by.  An same for you, if you ever want to come to florida for some strange reason., hehee  :)

Ok,  so basically you guys are telling me to get use to high 15's

with the current set up and the most I can get with minor mods

is low 15's........   After re-evaluating 13.5 is not too bad considering

the 96-98 Mustang Cobra will do about 13 in the 1/4 out of the box.

How ever I will do the following

Multi-port

Tec II

16G

Blaster II

8mm wires

Upgrade fuel pump/89 ecu/89 knock box

1g bov

manual boost controller

K/N filter with can mod

I will leave the secondary air can but remove that restrictive lip on the end

Short throw shifter

and about 75hp shot of stickers!

I expect to run 13 in the 1/4 ...........

Personally I would shitcan the TecII/III, way to expensive for what you get. SDS or Haltech setup will work as well if not better, and you'll save some money (like almost 600-800).

Joel

If your gonna run the tech II don't wory about the 88-89 ecu cause you don't need it.  The tech uses it own MAF sensor, and controls your fuel spark timing and injector pulse etc.  Hence the "Stand Alone Engine Managment".  you can run a staight tube from turbo to airfilter with a K&N filter on the end and eliminate the air box all together along with all the BS charcoal can and other emissions crap.  When I still had my TB injection on my 86' I had 2 primary injectors instead of the stock batch fire injection 1 primary and 1 secondary) that were controled by the tech II.  Allowed for more fuel and more boost.