big brake kit

That looks like a very nice kit. If only I didn't already spend sooo much $$ on my baby

"Are you putting more power to the ground than Mitsubishi ever intended? If not, you probably intend to, right? Does someone you love ride with you or drive your car occasionally? Are you an absolutely insane frustrated race driver that should have been born into an F1 family?.... If you answered YES to any of these questions, you need MORE BRAKE!!"

I liked that in the description. Sounds like 99% of us :)

I think someone on the boards needs to somehow fabricate these BIG Brake kits. These are outrageous in price.

Or are they really worth what they're charging? I'm on a monthly "budget" with this stuff and this is just untouchable for me at present? I'm just kinda rambling, but maybe more than that...brainstorming again..

Any help on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SlimJim

I think someone on the boards needs to somehow fabricate these BIG Brake kits. These are outrageous in price.

Or are they really worth what they're charging? I'm on a monthly "budget" with this stuff and this is just untouchable for me at present? I'm just kinda rambling, but maybe more than that...brainstorming again..

Any help on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SlimJim

Outrageous price? Go price some big brake kits for other cars and you will see this is dirt cheap. I havent seen a big brake kit go for less than $2000 and more along the lines of $3000 or more sometimes. If this is still available in a month or so Im gonna jump on it.

Yeah and unlike oscars kit that 13 inch deal will NOT fit the stock wheels so all the brokie bunch will have to go buy 2k worth of FnF 17+ inch looking deep dish wheels as well , Tsk Tsk . Edited by scotty

Ashland... that's not too far from me...

I'd say Under 1000 is reasonable.

Calipers, $125 each = 250

Rotors, 75 each = 150

Lines, (half a full set) = 60

Adapters (copying someone else's design) = 150-200

Bolts/hardware= ?

Pads = ?

So that price is not too bad...

-Robert

yeah that is a smokin deal for the entire kit. I pieced everything together and spent more that that to get oscar's kit. Then I blew what I had saved on a crap machinist who tried to charge me $200 to drill ten holes. I through a $100 dollar bill on his desk and walked out saying "sue me for the rest". Never heard from him again.

I told him the damn things were hubcentric and didn't have to be perfect. So what's he do, makes perfectly measured holes in the exact pattern of the hub I took him. Put 2+ hours into it.

Edited by chiplee

Good buy, D_Venable, assuming you're never going to run OEM rims. I suggest you start a thread detailing the install w/lots of pics.

FYI: Oscar's original GP kit was offered at $977+ shipping (for 10 buyers) with Wilwood Billet Superlite 4 piston calipers and 302mm rotors that fit within the stock rims. Options such as the Wilwood Billet Superlite 6 Piston Calipers and various Rotor & Pad choices escalated the price. PrecisionBrakesCompany.com was the original vendor.

Good buy, D_Venable, assuming you're never going to run OEM rims. I suggest you start a thread detailing the install w/lots of pics.

FYI: Oscar's original GP kit was offered at $977+ shipping (for 10 buyers) with Wilwood Billet Superlite 4 piston calipers and 302mm rotors that fit within the stock rims. Options such as the Wilwood Billet Superlite 6 Piston Calipers and various Rotor & Pad choices escalated the price. PrecisionBrakesCompany.com was the original vendor.

Precision Brakes changed to Revolution brakes a couple of years ago.

yeah, same company that made "oscar's" kit, but this is the BIG one he never sold himself. These won't fit in the stock wheels.

But yes I got an INCREDIBLE deal on these. and to top it off, I got a 10% coupon from Ebay, so I'm only paying $711 shipped :ylsuper:

Thats awesome mang.. what a deal! Now you should buy my SSRs so you can show off your brakes! :hmm3grin2orange: