Fog lamp bulbs

QUIKQUEST

Ya know I had this 83 for 10 years or so , but it has no fog lights, never thought about the right side switches do anything but look pretty.. hell even the pop up does not work on it.. hehe I am Lame...

Ah... an 83... yeah... I don't know how you're going to turn the stock foglights on on one of those things!!

-Robert

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, last update.

This really tips the scale of "bad"...

Here is a requested pic... angle is terrible, I'm sure it will blind people. I tried adjusting them, total failure. I gave up.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/logikfive/1988%20Chrysler%20Conquest%20TSi/IMG_2346.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/logikfive/1988%20Chrysler%20Conquest%20TSi/IMG_2345.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/logikfive/1988%20Chrysler%20Conquest%20TSi/IMG_2340.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/logikfive/1988%20Chrysler%20Conquest%20TSi/IMG_2342.jpg

That's pretty damn bright homie...

-Robert

Pretty much just as I said earlier, you won't be able to align then anywhere near to legal and they are very noticeably purple/blue in color. I hope there aren't a lot of cops in your area. It's like posting a beacon on your car saying "give me a ticket".

Ok, last update.

This really tips the scale of "bad"...

Here is a requested pic... angle is terrible, I'm sure it will blind people. I tried adjusting them, total failure. I gave up.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/logikfive/1988%20Chrysler%20Conquest%20TSi/IMG_2346.jpg

the pic is freaken awesome...

and, just tell the cop it came with them. Because, I am very sure, he wouldnt know, and its not like theres too many quests running around where he would be able to prove you wrong...lol

It is his decision about the lights but the comment about saying the lights came with the car is foolish. They don't care if they came with the car or not. They care about your blinding other drivers. The highly noticeable difference in color and intensity of the stock headlights and the new fog lights stands out like a sore thumb. In the past I got stopped over a light violation. I was given 72 hours to comply with DOT standards or pay a fine and have the car impounded if caught a second time. That is how I found out that the lights have 52 measurements to meet to pass. I was just offering a little advice based upon my experience. Edited by BIL

I'm not worried about getting pulled over for it. If I do I do, but I'll cross that bridge if it ever happens.

I usually never drive at night anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue. I went to get gas tonight in it though, and I passed a few cops. No problems.

It is his decision about the lights but the comment about saying the lights came with the car is foolish. They don't care if they came with the car or not. They care about your blinding other drivers. The highly noticeable difference in color and intensity of the stock headlights and the new fog lights stands out like a sore thumb. In the past I got stopped over a light violation. I was given 72 hours to comply with DOT standards or pay a fine and have the car impounded if caught a second time. That is how I found out that the lights have 52 measurements to meet to pass. I was just offering a little advice based upon my experience.

i was just joking man...plus, a lot of PA cops are not the easiest to get along with.

but, knowing many...a lot of cops usually wouldnt pull you over for something like that, because, at least here in FL, their saftey repair ticket thing is a PITA to fill out, and they might as well write a novel on what needs replaced on your car...so...many dont feel like it...so, you should be alright

but they look great man...now, to do the headlights, kinda like justpaus's

Edited by strang3majik

That's an insane amount of glare. The light is hitting your house 20ft up at almost a 90deg. angle. I'm with Bil, your car is going to be a ticket magnet. I'd stick to showing them off at car shows or whatever, but on the street that's just brutal.

I put HID headlights in my truck. I got the best lenses I could find (Hella European spec.) and I consider this borderline acceptable.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/416890919_8d731e38fc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think the HID in the fogs look great :eek1bluegreen: Definate mod on mine very soon, will follow up with the HID in the driving lamps too! Looks great man!!

Will probably pick up some of those clear lenses from" Jus P" since my lenses are kinda shot. Good work my dude

• 5 months later...
Headlights will be done next year sometime.

The car is going in for paint as soon as I lay it up for winter (Oct 25th) so I won't be driving it anymore anyway.

Hello Logikfive, can you give us an update with the HID fog lites? Oh yes did you do the head lights conversion? thanks

Update as far as what? Did I get any tickets for them? :lol:

They're still in and going strong. I'm just about ready to actually get the car out of winter storage (I got lazy and didn't feel like doing body work on it this winter so it's still the same as last year... Ha!)

I haven't done the headlights yet, and probably won't. Since I never put the headlights up now anyway (having the HID's in the fog lights make it bright enough that the headlights are useless) It seems like a waste of money to me at this point and time.. .and pointless too.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/logikfive/1988%20Chrysler%20Conquest%20TSi/th_questhids.jpg

<3

Edited by logikfive

• 5 months later...

Are those H3 bulbs universal? As in the bulbs in this thread?

These are HID's, which are much much different than halogen.

If you are trying to replace stock halogen H3 bulbs, then yes any "H3" labeled bulb will fit.

Be careful of higher wattage bulbs, as our stock wiring harness isn't up to the task of safely running bulbs with 65w+ of real world output.

• 1 month later...
Would a lower number hid kit be better as far as blinding on coming traffic? Got a part number or anything on this kit that fit right in? So I can atleast be looking at the right version and all?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're gonna do that, why not just pull the lens and paint the inside of the lens black?

Edit: Also, FWIW, since last summer, I have driven my Fiji with HID fogs every other night (from 7:00pm for about a half hour drive, and at 11:00pm for another half hour drive) during the summer and I pass cops regularly, and I still have no ticket. Approx 6,000 miles last summer.

I got pulled over once, though.. That was because when I have the HID fogs on, I don't turn on my halogen headlights. He pulled me over because I was driving without the headlights on. Just a warning and no ticket, though. :ph34r:

Now I gotta get clear housing headlights and HID bulbs for those.. Maybe this spring. :wub:

Edited by logikfive

one more thing see what you guys think. I am going to make a fiberglas shroud to cover the top half of the lense that should take care of the upward glare and only have the lower road level visible.

Shields in projectors have a mirror effect, where they cut off the bottom side to eliminate upward light. The upper part of the bowl(behind the shield) reflects the beam downward, the lower part reflects the beam upward and they actually cross.

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/attachments/car-entertainment-electronics/827-misconceptions-about-hid-projectors-headlight_projector_schematic.png

It sounds backwards, but test whatever you're going to do before actually doing it. You might end up with all the light going upwards instead. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just got the pair i was talking about running home to put them on I foolishly (or not foolishly) got the relay attatchment. I dont think its needed for H3 but for the H4 for high and low beam. Im gona just rock with the EBAY diamond cut H4 dont need to super blind people. so if thats the case and sombody needs the relay kit i got it.

ok they are in took me all dang day (all the bolts had to be drilled out. but they look great the shield covers all upward glare. I also got some led 194 bulbs for the markers. Now at first it wasnt working then i fould a fuse in the mini box on the drivers side) behind the 5 fuseable line box)the only issue i have now is I cant trive with the fogs on only (maybe for the best)

Next the issue of my pop ups not going down. I checked the realys and switched them out traced the wire from the cluster as far as I could and nothing. Im at my wits end