FuelinjectionPro

I'm new to the quest seen. Just wondering if u can change out the secondary injector for a primary to get more fuel in boost. I'm running 3 inch turbo back, removed egr, installed wide band and 1st gen maf. Not getting enough fuel its running lean if I put anymore than 6 psi on it. Also seen a aux. Injector set up on raceteps site. Any thoughts or advice please! As soon I get this prob fixed I'm going to put the motor in my super clean quest can't wait to have it done.

What kind of turbo are you running? If it's stock or even a little bigger, a good stock secondary injector should handle 6 psi with no problem with your mods. There's a great stock replacement set of injectors on e-bay for around $170.

A diferent ECU will not give you more fuel on a stock setup, that will depend on your injectors.

Zack K.

I'm running stock turbo, I'm going to get 88 ecu instead of running my stock 87. So u believe I just need to swap injectors. I'm going to change fuel filter today just to do it. I would like to b able to run about 12-14 psi and trying to get this done before PF. Has anyone used or know of anyone that has used the aux injector kit that racetep has?

I'm running stock turbo, I'm going to get 88 ecu instead of running my stock 87. So u believe I just need to swap injectors. I'm going to change fuel filter today just to do it. I would like to b able to run about 12-14 psi and trying to get this done before PF. Has anyone used or know of anyone that has used the aux injector kit that racetep has?

It's been used for sure but it's not a good substitute for doing it right. Honestly, around here that idea is completely obsolete. Many an engine has been blown for lack of reliable fuel delivery using extra injectors.

Edited by Edde

I used to run a 14G at 16psi for years on the stock injectors with no problems. An '88 ECU will help, but it won't give you "more" fuel. I personally don't trust the aux. injector setup either. If your injectors are new or have been cleaned/flowed recently, there's no reason they can't support a stock puny turbo even at 18 psi.

Zack K.

hi everyone i got a fc1 about 3 years ago and cant get it to work at all the wire colors are def .i live around hazleton pa if anyone could help me get it running i would even pay for the help thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

two ways of adding more fuel useing stock injs,, one is a longer duration cam,,the other is to increase fuel pressure ( larger vlume fuel pump )

Interesting never thought that maybe need to get a large cam for a higher hp stock TBI setup if your running lean.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Are you asking if a FIP ECU will work with a TBI system of your MPI system?

No...if an FIP setup would be beneficial on a stock TBI setup. I have a complete setup...just wondering what to do with it...haha.

Edited by strang3majik

• 2 weeks later...
What all components do I need to run a MPI set up?

• 1 year later...
I just aquired a Magna intake that is all modded and ready togo! My question is that im running FIP FC-1S on my TBI setup what would it take to use the fuel ecu on the Magna intake? I know im missing 2 more injector plugs. Thanks for your input!

Spice in two more injector plugs, one each in parallel with the others. For low-z injectors (less than 10 ohms) you'll want to run injector resistors, 10 ohms each with at least a 10W rating, preferably 25W, one resistor per injector and you can install them on either the power wire to the injector or in the negative wire to the ECU. The factory 2 resistor pack are 10 ohms each but I would recommend getting four matching ones. Radio Shack still carries that kind of stuff.

Then its just settings in the controller and tuning. If you haven't yet gotten a reflash to the latest processor firmware I'd advise doing that as it adds many nice features like ASE, warmup enrichment, 12X12 VE tables, etc....

• Like 2