FuelinjectionPro

why would you even want to buy an engine management system from a company that no longer exists?

www.diyautotune.com best place for engine management

That's what I'm trying to figure out. If they no longer exist, why is their website still up and why are they still selling parts? And the reason I was interested in the FIP fuel management system is because it seemed to be a relatively easy bolt on system for a TBI set up compared to some of the other systems that seem to have a lot more technical problems. I might be wrong but the impression I got from a lot of feedback is that a lot of guys on this site were using FIP and running fine. That's all. But I'll check out your link, thanks for the advise.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. If they no longer exist, why is their website still up and why are they still selling parts? And the reason I was interested in the FIP fuel management system is because it seemed to be a relatively easy bolt on system for a TBI set up compared to some of the other systems that seem to have a lot more technical problems. I might be wrong but the impression I got from a lot of feedback is that a lot of guys on this site were using FIP and running fine. That's all. But I'll check out your link, thanks for the advise.

They are no longer in business. the website is still up because they don't care and haven't shut down the website.

Not many ppl are runinng their computers anymore. And most are trying to get away from the FIP product because of lack of support and an inferior product.

The "technical problems" you are talking about come from bad installations, NOT problems with the computers. I think most ppl who would have bnought an FIP are now doing Megasquirt. Buy a Ms2, and harness from DIY, you can also get your connectors and sensors from them too! great price and it'll really make the installation a breeze!

1x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirtii-engine-management-system-wpcb3-assembled-unit-p-65.html

1x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/1239-megasquirt-wiring-harness-ms1-ms2-ready-p-43.html

2x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/delphi-lbhr-ev1-style-fuel-injector-lowz-p-279.html

2x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/fuel-injector-pigtails-bosch-ev1-p-48.html

1x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/closed-element-clt-iat-sensor-with-pigtail-p-58.html

1x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/open-element-iat-sensor-with-pigtail-p-62.html

Thats about all you would need to buy to make a TBI megasquirt

Edited by jahjah

i inquired about spending upward of 1k with them and got no reply. i dont understand why their site is still up and why they still accept paypal payments if they are not offering anything anymore....

They are no longer in business. the website is still up because they don't care and haven't shut down the website.

JahJah, Sheesh! I understand your frustration with people that can't seem to read, but my ears are ringing from all the shouting. As he said, they are out of business. I did talk to them by phone a moth or so ago but that was sheer luck and not about a purchase or anything. As far as i can tell they are not accepting calls about purchases.

JahJah, Sheesh! I understand your frustration with people that can't seem to read, but my ears are ringing from all the shouting. As he said, they are out of business. I did talk to them by phone a moth or so ago but that was sheer luck and not about a purchase or anything. As far as i can tell they are not accepting calls about purchases.

:lol: B)

• 3 weeks later...

I can re-flash your FC-1S with MSextra firmware giving you 12X12 fuel tables (144 tuning points vs. 64) and many of the other features of MSextra. Not all features are available as the board was not built for supporting them.

Firmware upgrade: $65, paypal only. Send me your controller and I will re-flash to MSextra rev 029y4 (latest), reload your tune and fill in the gaps of the VE table with rational values and ship it back to you, return shipping included in the US and Canada.

Along with the 12X12 VE table you'll be getting AFR control (wideband recommended) with target tables, much better warmup and afterstart enrichment control, support for 2-wire idle valves and staged injection. I am working on ignition control and believe the standard FC is capable of running direct coil control without the need for the separate ignition controller. More to come.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I will get back with contact information.

Scott

I can re-flash your FC-1S with MSextra firmware giving you 12X12 fuel tables (144 tuning points vs. 64) and many of the other features of MSextra. Not all features are available as the board was not built for supporting them.

Firmware upgrade: $65, paypal only. Send me your controller and I will re-flash to MSextra rev 029y4 (latest), reload your tune and fill in the gaps of the VE table with rational values and ship it back to you, return shipping included in the US and Canada.

Along with the 12X12 VE table you'll be getting AFR control (wideband recommended) with target tables, much better warmup and afterstart enrichment control, support for 2-wire idle valves and staged injection. I am working on ignition control and believe the standard FC is capable of running direct coil control without the need for the separate ignition controller. More to come.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I will get back with contact information.

Scott

how the heck did you figure out how to jumper it??

• 2 weeks later...

I have the FIP fuel and ignition controllers. After I installed them my stock(only) oil pressure guage quit working. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks, Jody

you should not have lost the stock oil pressure gauge. did you cut out parts of the old harness? and are you sure the sending unit works? any chance the sender just simply failed?

you should not have lost the stock oil pressure gauge. did you cut out parts of the old harness? and are you sure the sending unit works? any chance the sender just simply failed?

I spliced the harness per the FIP instructions. Changed the sending unit. New oem oil pump. I am at a loss. It seems as though I had heard of this problem being associated with the MS(FIP). Will probably install a guage on the block next.

Jody

• 1 month later...

Updating my original post, I can mod your FC-1S to run the coil directly which allows full use of the 12X12 spark tables and all the spark retard based functions in MSextra like rev limits, launch control, flat shift, nitrous boost retard and the rest. I can also add closed loop boost control using a boost solenoid valve and idle control using a Ford 2-wire PWM idle valve. Finally, if you have both the fuel and ignition computers I can turn your IgnitionPro into an FC-1S, then you have two fuel and ignition computers. PM me for options and pricing, I have done a few of these now and can provide references.

Scott

• 5 months later...

Updating my original post, I can mod your FC-1S to run the coil directly which allows full use of the 12X12 spark tables and all the spark retard based functions in MSextra like rev limits, launch control, flat shift, nitrous boost retard and the rest. I can also add closed loop boost control using a boost solenoid valve and idle control using a Ford 2-wire PWM idle valve. Finally, if you have both the fuel and ignition computers I can turn your IgnitionPro into an FC-1S, then you have two fuel and ignition computers. PM me for options and pricing, I have done a few of these now and can provide references.

Scott

I have both the Ignition pro and FC-1S running in the car right now, do you know what I have to do as far as rewiring, to go back to only one Controller instead of two controllers? How do I rewire all of the EDIS wires back once I take out the ignition pro?

All of the answers are in here. Having said that you will need to do a lot of research and have the necessary skill set to make it all work. Re-flashing the firmware for example, if you have the necessary skill set to be able to successfully complete it then knowing it has been done is all you need to know. It is not for the faint of heart, I have never met a chip I can't re-flash but I have two different software programs to help me and it sometimes takes both of them in sequence to finally get it done. Those programs are also available on that web site.

Scott

yeah i got a question for you. how do i install the coomputer wire harness sensors and the distributer thingey i bout from you 7 months ago if you never sent it to me.? just take the money. give me all kinds of excuses why it hasent been sent yet. for some reason i cant seem to install this invisable part. so maybe someone out here can explain how to install something that i paid for and never got.

Not many ppl are runinng their computers anymore. And most are trying to get away from the FIP product because of lack of support and an inferior product.

The "technical problems" you are talking about come from bad installations, NOT problems with the computers. I think most ppl who would have bnought an FIP are now doing Megasquirt. Buy a Ms2, and harness from DIY, you can also get your connectors and sensors from them too! great price and it'll really make the installation a breeze!

1x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirtii-engine-management-system-wpcb3-assembled-unit-p-65.html

1x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/1239-megasquirt-wiring-harness-ms1-ms2-ready-p-43.html

2x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/delphi-lbhr-ev1-style-fuel-injector-lowz-p-279.html

2x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/fuel-injector-pigtails-bosch-ev1-p-48.html

1x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/closed-element-clt-iat-sensor-with-pigtail-p-58.html

1x http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/open-element-iat-sensor-with-pigtail-p-62.html

Thats about all you would need to buy to make a TBI megasquirt

dude, did you do much homework before you bought from them. this very thread has a post in it that i quoted from back in february. that was more than 7 months ago and yet you still ordered from them. also it has been much longer than that since they have actually posted. i think they only made a couple post in this thread total. you need to pursue some other course of action, ort take it up with credit card company or something else. its become painfully clear they dont come here anymore, or dont give a damn about what goes on here or this community.

<!--quoteo(post=784276:date=Sep 17 2008, 07:59 AM:name=Jms)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jms @ Sep 17 2008, 07:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=784276"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi Ed,

Can you list the pinout for the serial connector (DB-37?) on the FC-1?

Rgds,

Jms<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have a drawing I will post.

Ed

this is the last post i can find from fip. and the sad part is that this is their thread. however its pretty funny the last post they made in their own thread was in october of 08. 2 years ago this month. i hope you had been in contact with them and you didnt just send your money out somewhere.

• 2 months later...

this is the last post i can find from fip. and the sad part is that this is their thread. however its pretty funny the last post they made in their own thread was in october of 08. 2 years ago this month. i hope you had been in contact with them and you didnt just send your money out somewhere.

WORD, man. Word. His post makes it seem like he's been in contact. If that's the case then http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif

I haven't heard of them shipping anything in years. If you're not in business take down your shopping cart.

• 2 months later...
I'm new to the quest seen. Just wondering if u can change out the secondary injector for a primary to get more fuel in boost. I'm running 3 inch turbo back, removed egr, installed wide band and 1st gen maf. Not getting enough fuel its running lean if I put anymore than 6 psi on it. Also seen a aux. Injector set up on raceteps site. Any thoughts or advice please! As soon I get this prob fixed I'm going to put the motor in my super clean quest can't wait to have it done.

I'm new to the quest seen. Just wondering if u can change out the secondary injector for a primary to get more fuel in boost. I'm running 3 inch turbo back, removed egr, installed wide band and 1st gen maf. Not getting enough fuel its running lean if I put anymore than 6 psi on it. Also seen a aux. Injector set up on raceteps site. Any thoughts or advice please! As soon I get this prob fixed I'm going to put the motor in my super clean quest can't wait to have it done.

Witht the stock computer you can't do anything like that. You either get a piggyback air fuel controller (good), a megasquirt computer (better), or an MPI intake and megasquirt to run it (best). You have to choose between throttle body and MPI first. I like the MS computer you can buy from one of the guys here (scott87star I think) built in your ECU case.

Keep looking in the various forums here or ask on the BS board.