How much boost can you push from a 12a?

average life @10 psi , 100k miles,, average life @ 20psi 5 months

so take your pick

max efective psi 15 lbs

Wow! 5 months at 20PSI! But you know those would be the best 5 months of your life!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks, So will it even produse and real pressure at 20? I will split the difference at 15 and set the 20 for the days when I see pretty red and blue lights in my mirror. Just kidding, Thanks everyone.

i think 15 is even pushen the 12a...mine feals like it looses steam when it hits 15..

i thought past 15 pushes hot air anyways..

Daniel

i think 15 is even pushen the 12a...mine feals like it looses steam when it hits 15..

i thought past 15 pushes hot air anyways..

Daniel

Also, If you run a 12A to 15 psi boost. Better have a A/F Gauge installed and enough fuel to do it ,(Via a Fuel Pressure Gauge). An Adjustable RRFPR wouldn't hurt either. Remember this!!! The higher you boost a Stock (12a) turbo above the recommended limit,(7 to 10 psi) the shorter the lifespan is on it. If you want to boost higher safely, Install a turbocharger that has a boost efficiency range above the stock one.

14G: 10 to 19 psi.

16G: 13 to 20 psi.

Super 16G: 15 to 25 psi.

17C: 10 to 20 psi.

19C: 10 to 20 psi.

18G: 16 to 25 psi.

20G: 16 to 30 psi.

Some of these turbo upgrades require fuel upgrades also. Do some homework to find out on which ones and how much.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Also, If you run a 12A to 15 psi boost. Better have a A/F Gauge installed and enough fuel to do it ,(Via a Fuel Pressure Gauge). An Adjustable RRFPR wouldn't hurt either. Remember this!!! The higher you boost a Stock (12a) turbo above the recommended limit,(7 to 10 psi) the shorter the lifespan is on it. If you want to boost higher safely, Install a turbocharger that has a boost efficiency range above the stock one.

14G: 10 to 19 psi.

16G: 13 to 20 psi.

Super 16G: 15 to 25 psi.

17C: 10 to 20 psi.

19C: 10 to 20 psi.

18G: 16 to 25 psi.

20G: 16 to 30 psi.

Some of these turbo upgrades require fuel upgrades also. Do some homework to find out on which ones and how much.

CALIBER 308

and thats why im looking for a 16g or super if i have the money :-)

Thanks I do have a wide band which I monitor. I have an 18g which I will get back on as soon as I can afford to get it rebuilt thanks to a garage that wrecked it. I have a walbro 255 so I think I can get plenty of gas when I need it. what i Need is a fuel management system so I can add or subtract fuel. Right now I run @ 15 psi. just ran at the track tonight actually. I run 11.5 A/F @ 15psi at 10psi is is about 11.7 so the numbers are safe enough but I am not sure how efficient the boost is at 15 psi. I can notice a difference 10 to 15 so it does help. I wish I had my 18g on. Have a great day and thanks for all the input!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...