Marnel head question

I got a new marnal head with OS stainless valves from Dad not to long ago, and i would like to know how much power its capable of without any porting or anything.

Best thing to do would be to take the head to a machine shop capable of flow testing it and have them tell you the rated CFM's are. I believe (correct me if I am wrong guys) but for every 1 cfm is roughly 2hp.

Well you can put it in an old carbureted minivan or you could put it in a forced induction race car and spray some NOS through it what you going to do with it? The head doesn't make power it just lets air in an out of the cylinders.

I got a new marnal head with OS stainless valves from Dad not to long ago, and i would like to know how much power its capable of without any porting or anything.

It will take anything that you want to put to it!

Flow bench will tell you how it flows.

Takes more than just a head to get high HP

You have a good foundation to start with- now get some good slugs in that puppy!

Dad

It will take anything that you want to put to it!

Flow bench will tell you how it flows.

Takes more than just a head to get high HP

You have a good foundation to start with- now get some good slugs in that puppy!

Dad

Cool.. i just wanna know couse me and my father are building up the car. So for we have a freshly rebuilt motor, haltech F10X, modded magna manifold, Precision T4 TO4S Turbo, aeromotive a1000 fuel pump and AFPR , and 1000cc injectors ( Yea a bit much i know). also got wiesco pistons 40 over and pauter rods. i know ima get the head ported in the very near future but the heads on already. will post pics of the car in the Engine and Performance Mods section pretty soon, just need my camera back from my friend.

Heres a rough estimate on the CFM gains:

Stock Head: 151 cfm.

NJV Head: 165 cfm

Mild Ported Marnal: 188 cfm

Heavy ported Marnal: 211 cfm

As far as Horsepower gains, no one can tell you what to expect.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Heres a rough estimate on the CFM gains:

Stock Head: 151 cfm.

NJV Head: 165 cfm

Mild Ported Marnal: 188 cfm

Heavy ported Marnal: 211 cfm

As far as Horsepower gains, no one can tell you what to expect.

CALIBER 308

any idea what a magna flows?