Forged Pistons...need some "more" advice!

Starwolf

haha caliber im 19 and i do have money :)

my family is well off you could say.

I am NOT looking to go over 100mph...but you have to see what im saying in my post...dont take it all literal...im trying to get to a point :S

too hard to explain...exhausting

BUUT on a note...i actually just got back from sending the bare block to the machine shop :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just find it more impressive for boost to come later on.

And how would you know????? You stated earlier in this post that you have never owned a turbocharged car :rofl3: If I wanted to race cars again, I'd want my car to go from 0 to 120 in the shortest span of time. Most races take place in a 1/4 mile or less. And heres Caliber 308s motto:"If theres no money involved, I'm not racing".

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

yet i did drive mine ;)

i think its somewhat self explanatory?

i would rather not start quick and die early i suppose?

*edit* although i will have to agree with you caliber...your right thats why im asking these things :(

i WANT a turbo car :S

and thanks for your input

Edited by Starwolf

That you think you know. Hey, I can suggest to a new member to boost to 40 psi, After all, I'm not the one who has to rebuild his engine.

The above response just goes to show that this club will let anyone respond to posts, B.S. or not. Now, whos creating problems here??? Could it be the member who posted above????

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Well, your correct, but it's a good thing it's not BS.

Why must you inject your negative comments in my responses to posts. Don't you have better things to do. Like fixing the holes in your sheet metal. I still haven't seen a picture of your Starquest without the holes in it (I.E.Trances site). Is that one yours, or your sons car your always talking about??

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

The above response just goes to show that this club will let anyone respond to posts, B.S. or not.

CALIBER 308

And there you have it, you followed threw with the BS. ;)

All you have is taking shots at my full out race car? Please... that was so last year.

All you have is taking shots at my full out race car?

Don't you mean the "Swiss cheese special" :hmm3grin2orange: I'd be embarrassed to even associate myself with such a thing as that car :thumbsup: For those of you who don't know what were talking about. Go to Trances site under Starquestclub.com and you'll see Sams "so called" race car. I'm trying to help Starwolf out, all I see from you is negative comments towards me.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Cal, ill take the holes in my race cars door over being embarrassed about who i am like you are.

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!

Please stop, your ruining Starwolfs post. Starwolf, I apologize for Emagdnims behavior. We all are not this rude here.

Sorry,

CALIBER 308

probably the big 16g... from forced performance if i send my 12a in

if i can find a TD06 17C before then i would GLADLY take it...since i have NO idea what kind of boost i can push it up to...

probably the big 16g... from forced performance if i send my 12a in

if i can find a TD06 17C before then i would GLADLY take it...since i have NO idea what kind of boost i can push it up to...

I have heard they do excellent work on upgrades. As for the TD0617C, I don't know of a supplier for a bolt on. www.turbochargers.com carries them for the Cyclone ($699.00),but you would have to have a custom exhaust hook up for it to work. You can always check around !!

Good Luck,

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Well then spend your cash on a header and get a turbo that is readily available and easily rebuildable and make it fit. $700? you can get a dead big 16g for 100, a kit and shaft for 175 and spend the rest on the exhaust or an EBC. Crazy paying $700 for some turbo you don't know how you'll like it is stupid. Spending money on parts you know you will like or need makes better sense. Don't even buy forged pistons just rebuild the motor stock, put the money into the head and then worry about a manifold to bolt to it later after you make it run

let's see, you liek top end, but your in arkansas ( yuck) and probably won't be doing long runs, as everyone will be into the 1/4 mile type junk, i would go with the TDO5H 16G, it may nto be quite as efficient, but your setup should support it's 15 PSI (an efficient level for the turbo) and would be more then enough to rip some stuff to shreds with a PROPER tune.

the GST being FWD with have traction issues, and trucks have low gearing making top end a bit of a problem, the TDO5H should give you streetability and race ability. the VW golf, 50 buck for dual forced induction i highly doubt he's tellign the truth, and intake temps with such a setup without correct supporting mod's if he is telling the truth, will mean he will be replacing his motor really soon

and golf's are lightweight, however i think he's blowing smoke out his butthole, and more then likely will be an easy kill. as for other turbo DSM's, look out for AWD as they can rip just about anythign out of the hole with a proper driver, and are very easy to mod to get into the 13 second 1/4 traps.

Thanks for the replies guys!

1fly86TSi thanks for putting these people at comparison...and i agree i think the jetta is REALLY blowing smoke.

i know the eclipse is a GST because he peels out in town EVERYWHERE...awd would have a hard time doing that if im not mistaken.

And indiana thank you your input...i have already decided to go for the forged pistons...but if i was to get a header..what one to buy...or make my own?

and if i DID that what turbo would you suggest?

Thanks!