DONE!!! bolt on lambo doors

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does it retain the factory latch at the top of the door for your seat belt? that would be my only concern. Not my style but looks like a clean install. Is it counterbalanced well or do you need to really put some force to get the door back down?

does it retain the factory latch at the top of the door for your seat belt? that would be my only concern. Not my style but looks like a clean install. Is it counterbalanced well or do you need to really put some force to get the door back down?

yes. just the hinge was installed and fender hand-crimped inside.

same cars, different people...different looks and mods.

you would need some force to get it down, strong dampers keeping it up....it helps the door go slowly too when you get the momentum so it won't just "drop".

car to be painted next year.

thanks!

Looks nice!!

The only issue that I've ever had with "Lambo" doors, is they look like it's a real PITA to get in and out of the car. I'd hate to head-butt the corner of the door, getting in after a long day.

thanks!

it hasn't happened to me, but yes that would hurt.

Does the bolt on kit have the same features as the GT factory half bolt on half weld kit? Just out of curiousity does anyone know if the 180 degree hinges would work on our cars? Or the gullwing hinges?

Does the bolt on kit have the same features as the GT factory half bolt on half weld kit? Just out of curiousity does anyone know if the 180 degree hinges would work on our cars? Or the gullwing hinges?

bolt-on is for people like me with minimal "technical knowledge" and "dollar store tools". you can always weld it after. mine, i didn't. install is very straight forward, borrow a grinder from a friend.

180 degree kit will definitely work. its universal. a body shop can do that. some measuring like where the holes are to be located is to be done. that part i feared the most...plus, welding.

gullwing hinge is also universal. style not for me though.

some more pics.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/devilscarred/lambodoorsandmontero002.jpg

momo steering wheel with stedabani short shifter mated with act street clutch

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/devilscarred/lambodoorsandmontero001.jpg

sparco seats and brackets

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/devilscarred/newyear005.jpg

20 years of generation gap

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/devilscarred/lambodoorsandmontero010.jpg

folding the wings before the bat enters the cave

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/devilscarred/lambodoorsandmontero006.jpg

doors up!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/devilscarred/newyear009.jpg

bare naked starion

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/devilscarred/lambodoorsandmontero007.jpg

the other king of the road

enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How much do they open out before they can go up. From differant websites that I've seen some have them open far enough that you could slip in without having to raise the door. Not for everyone but it is for me. Great job. I would like to contact you about a few things on install if that would be ok. Starquests are getting more rare each year, and I think these lambo kits just get them noticed a bit more, instead of from behind :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for posting. There's always been interest on this ptential mod around here.

Not like this would apply to most who do this, but I'm curious though...aren't these illegal to run certain classes of IHRA, NHRA races? ie - won't pass tech?

they open exactly 18 inches from the tip of the door to the door opening. i can slip-in to the car no problem without raising the door.

with the harsh canadian winter, my car gets driven rarely...that's 2,00-2,500 miles max a year. garage, meets, car shows.

contact me (pm) anytime. i cannot stress how much i learned from this website from everyone about our cars. you guys in the u.s. are so lucky you have other people to compare notes with. i don't think there's ever a picture of two starions/conquests in canada. i want to help others in my own little way.

gull wing is impossible for me, so this was a clear choice.

thanks, 'hope that helps!

How much do they open out before they can go up. From differant websites that I've seen some have them open far enough that you could slip in without having to raise the door. Not for everyone but it is for me. Great job. I would like to contact you about a few things on install if that would be ok. Starquests are getting more rare each year, and I think these lambo kits just get them noticed a bit more, instead of from behind :hmm3grin2orange:

i haven't checked my car for the track (legal?, illegal?). i've always been worried about the old motor in the track.

i'm picking up another mitsu by next week, now that one would be for the track!

Thanks for posting. There's always been interest on this ptential mod around here.

Not like this would apply to most who do this, but I'm curious though...aren't these illegal to run certain classes of IHRA, NHRA races? ie - won't pass tech?

no issues, so far.

i also mentioned in my earlier post that there are other alternative products out there that are cheaper but universal. if you are technically-inclined then go for it. i think they go for $399-$499?

all i had was dollar store tools, grinder and my 16-year old son for the install. and that's why i spent on a bolt-on kit. i just classify myself as a bolt-on tuner.

Now that you have gotten some use out of them do they still feel nice? hold up well? any issues came up? Although I would hate to plop down 900 plus shipping for this it does seem nice.

i haven't checked my car for the track (legal?, illegal?). i've always been worried about the old motor in the track.

i'm picking up another mitsu by next week, now that one would be for the track!

Best of luck with the racecar!

I can't stress enough how cool it is that you're willing to openly post all this and offer to help like this. Much like so many other members. That's what makes this site rock.

Cool to see something solidify from a much discussed and drooled upon body mod that most of us will never be able to afford or do, as it's $$$ & strictly cosmetic for the most part. The common theme here (like most all car sites) is..."once I get it running just right...." (same for me BTW -- lol while smacking own forehead).