PCV vavle

hyselltech

you don't need a pic, it screws into the valve cover, the other end goes to the base of the throttle body, via hose.

it may be easier for you to post a pic of what you have. aftermarket pcv's do not work with turbo cars. oem only.

It is really weird the setup that i have The line comes off of the intake then it goes to what looks like a small fuel filter then runs to the valve cover.So does the pvc valve screw into the valve cover because i went to advance and they gave me a pvc valve that was just a normal valve like any other car would use. So i installed it were the fuel filter looking thing was and now my car is smoking so bad i couldnt even drive it to work today so i need to figure out what is going on.Obviously i need to takes the pvc valve i put in back out But how do i get one that screws into the valve cover.I can never get this car to run so i can actually have some fun.Any info will help.

Take pictures. post them here. Sounds like you had a krankvent setup, something that usually costs a lot of money.

at the front of the valve cover, you will have a 6-sided object that is perpendicular to the crankshaft, and a hose will be connected, that is supposed to go to the nipple under the throttle body neck. without the OEM pcv, you can't hook anything up because it would just be a threaded hole otherwise.

At the back of the valve cover, you have a vertical nipple that goes to an oil-air seperator, using vacuum from the intake, and using a drain back hose to the oilpan. neither of these need an aftermarket vent, but when installed right, they can help reduce pressure in the crankcase.

You got some hose coming off the back and it goes to a tin can by the air filter?

If the inlet pipe/hose/tube to the turbo doesn't have a hose connected to it going through a filter/separator then back to the crankcase (the rear port of the valve cover) you need to put it back

its ok if you have a filter of some kind in the line the pcv valve is on, as long as its clean

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/misc%20p2.jpg

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/oilsep.gif

Well I thought i fixed it but last night while driving It is still smoking just not as bad the pcv valve fixed the halve of it.I am pretty sure that the head gasket is leaking.It only smokes when i come out of the boost and there is oil in the air intake pipe and the head gasket has oil all over the outside of the head.So im going to drive it,and baby it for a couple of days then im going to park her and tear the head off of it.I will propably start on it next week sometime as i have to spend time with the daughter for fathers day.Thanks alot guys for all the info.You guys will propably be hearing from me soon as i tear the head down.It is a good thing i guess because i want to rebuild the throttle body and also i want to replace all the worn hoses.

the oil could have been there from before and its not going anywhere until you clean it out. If the separator is clogged or sludge inside it won't flow properly, soak it in some solvent and rinse it out, make sure the hoses aren't dirty inside or mashed don't think its the headgasket, valve seals perhaps but deal with your crankcase problem first and rinse out your intercooler pipes and the intercooler. your intercooler is going to have oil in the bottom of it and its not real fun to remove

oil is definetly coming out of the front of the headgasket it is not leaking down from the valve cover.i cleaned the oil out of the air intake last night and the turbo.Do you think i should clean out the seperator, the intercoller and replace the valve cover gasket before i do the headgsket?I also have a throttle body rebuild kit that i want to do.I drove it to lunch today and the lower radiator hose popped a leak.It seems like every time that i driver the car something else goes wrong.I am going to park it clean and replace everything then see how the headgasket does.Thanks for all the info.

take indianas' advise, clean everything, go from there. no need to pull the head if you don't have to. what looked like an external leak on the front of my engine was a small valve cover leak, they are not as easy to locate as you think.