my red quest vs. ford lightning

pure_insanity

all i can say is "fat chance buddy".

im on my way home and i spot this lightning dip in front of me and almost take my corner off to grab my exit. very appropriately he nails the throttle and pulls off pretty decently. not sure if it had any mods or not but it sounded good and didnt act like it was stock. i was in the red quest which has the fully built motor and a nice big turbo.(300+ estimated hp) so i drop to 4th gear and nail it and run back up to him. so now he sees me play and wants to try and loose me. he nails it and pulls away before i have time to react, but i grab 3rd and almost rear end him i pull up on him so fast. well at this point we come to some traffic and i need to take the next road were coming to. wouldnt you know it, hes going to the same road i live on. as soon as he makes the turn hes nailing it and is pulling pretty decently, so i nail it again and this time you can tell hes giving it about all the truck had. i ran up on him again and dropped out to pass him just in time to see a car coming. ahh screw it, there wasnt enough room between there and my driveway so i just dropped back . as i start to turn into my driveway i see a hand out the window and a nice wave. not sure if that was a wave goodbye or if it was simply an acceptance of defeat. really got me interested in what the red quest can do. ive got to hit the dyno.

Stock 2001+ models around here run 13.8's-14.1's at around 100 or 101.. They're 380hp/450tq at the crank, 4spd auto only.

Not an issue with a nicely modded SQ seeing how 12a's have gone 13.7's in the past and starcon's small 16g went 12.9.

The older Lightnings are far slower compared to the new ones..

Grant, you should find him again and get a clean run on his a**. Show him what's good. :)

i would love to but i have no idea who he is or where he came from. i havent spotted a lightning on my road in a long time. if i catch him again im gonna have to flag him down and go for an all out race. i wasnt aware what hp/tq they was running but after seeing those numbers im alot more happy with my quest. as i said, its 300hp estimated. fully built just short of mpi. as easily as i pulled back up on the lightning i feel safe to say im well over my 300hp guess.

• 2 years later...