New found respect for the Quest

taquito

so this last friday night I was coming back from Thousand Oaks. Had gone to MUVICO with some friends to watch a movie and on my way home on the freeway at about 12:30 at night there was a real nice 300zx on the freeway. Black on black rims and so sexy with a nice sounding STILLEN? exhaust. It didnt look cheap and the car sounded amazing. I know from the body that it wasnt a TT or else I woulda stayed back. Anyway the d00d saw me coming from his left rear and let me get next to him even a head a little and I could tell he was scoping out my quest. He then punched it and I was in 5th gear. I dropped into 4th and once I boosted man I was neck and neck with this cat I went into 5th and boost was still very strong the car pulled like I had no idea it could and I was easily hitting about 120 when I let off and yes I was ahead.

I must have been at least 2 - 3 cars ahead. I am extremely impressed with the boost this car is making. I cant even believe how well it performed friday night. It was freezing cold and I am sure that helped. the block is rebuilt and its running a TD05H 16G turbo. wow now I can only imagine how fast it would go if I upped the boost to say 10psi. I wont and I shouldnt but I cant believe this car performed the way it did. I am finding out this little car isnt as weak as I originally thought it to be. Perhaps there is replacement for displacement. The power delivery is so different from my all motor car. I mean at first the car feels laggy and just weak and I never get on it like I did friday night I am impressed with how well it boosted and pulled even going into 5th gear it was as if I was still in 4th. I need to check something out I might have upgraded gears in the back and dont even realize it.

Edited by taquito

Another thing I want to note is that the turbo spools loud I mean it sounds beastly I dont know if your turbos sound like that you can hear SSSSHHHHHHHHHHH and at first the boost feels kind of weak but if you gas it more that ssshhhh turns into a high pitched SSSSHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh and it pulls effing hard. I never noticed it till last friday night. Is that just how my specific turbo works. Ive had turbo cars before but they didnt sound like this and this turbo is new. Edited by taquito

also want to add that i finally got tires for the quest. I put goodyear ASC's in the front and Michelin Primacy's in the rear the tread design on the primacy's is very similar to the tread design on my NITTO NT01's and the tread rating on the primacy's was 230 thats actually very good for street tires. My NITTO's treadwear is 100 and those I use to autocross. I am sure the new tires played a small roll in how awesome the quest pulled.

Didn't I say once you get to boosting, your gonna be thirsting for more! Thirsting for a boosting! The 16G's sure make a sweet sound! You can safely take the stock SQ's into 10 PSI. Do IT!! You'll be happy.

Nah man conquests are slow pieces of crap, you should go mess with your fox body http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

then why are you here?

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/

there!

now go toy with you junk. haha

what's crazy is, if you were in fifth going 70ish you could have dropped it into third, which would have meant instant almost supercharger feeling boost, ran it out to 90 then shifted into fourth. You could have left him as specks in your rear view by the time you hit fifth. Starquest's redline shift points are the same as a Carrera....1st to 30 mph, 2nd to 60 mph, 3rd to 90 mph, 4th to 120 and 5th to the stars and beyond....

Good Kill...

d00d i thought about dropping it into 3rd but i wasnt sure if i would blow the tranny doing so. My buddy blew his out on his mustang once doing that he dropped into 3rd after being in 5th on the freeway and i immediately thought hhmmm 4th would probably be safer. I will try your little chart next time I drop into 3rd gear and ill keep in mind that i can do 90 in third before i need to shift. Thanks for the tip.

then why are you here?

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/

there!

now go toy with you junk. haha

I was being sarcastic because the op has a foxbody he really likes... Ive never owned a fox body, though if the price was right, i wouldnt be terribly opposed to it.

Honestly the best thing about owning a foxbody is that well a few things really LOL I love the body style the 5.0 sounds amazing and parts are readily available everywhere really. Its great platform for performance and its not that expensive. I bought my foxbody for 2k I bought a donor for 800 and I've spent about 4k in upgrades. Total over the last 4 years has been roughly 6k not to mention I've sold tons of parts from the roller as well as stock parts. Oh and my mustang is completely street legal and sounds so sex.

I think after all is said and done im in for about 4500 since I did make good on selling the rest of the stuff.

Honestly the best thing about owning a foxbody is that well a few things really LOL I love the body style the 5.0 sounds amazing and parts are readily available everywhere really. Its great platform for performance and its not that expensive. I bought my foxbody for 2k I bought a donor for 800 and I've spent about 4k in upgrades. Total over the last 4 years has been roughly 6k not to mention I've sold tons of parts from the roller as well as stock parts. Oh and my mustang is completely street legal and sounds so sex.

I think after all is said and done im in for about 4500 since I did make good on selling the rest of the stuff.

A friend who was big on the street scene as a tuner had 2 5.0's and a 95 Honda Civic hatchback punching high 9 second passes. I rode in the Stang, it was stupid fast! Superchardged, he couldn't hook with any street tires and even with slicks he spun em... he was punching 800HP.

His Civic was scary fast! It was featured in an MTV show about street racing back in the day.

Another thing I want to note is that the turbo spools loud I mean it sounds beastly I dont know if your turbos sound like that you can hear SSSSHHHHHHHHHHH and at first the boost feels kind of weak but if you gas it more that ssshhhh turns into a high pitched SSSSHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh and it pulls effing hard. I never noticed it till last friday night. Is that just how my specific turbo works. Ive had turbo cars before but they didnt sound like this and this turbo is new.

HAHA! Well it's about time you felt what we all love!

Think your turbo is loud you should hear my Holset with wastegate vented to atmosphere at 20psi :wub:

id love to hear it make a video post it up. I bet it sounds awesome best thing about crusing in my quest is when I drive next to other ricers and as we are driving side by side my turbo starts to spool they can hear it they smile i smile i go bye bye.......haha next thing i am doing is full exhaust i want to go 3 inch straight pipe all the way and upgrade the intercooler piping and get a bov im thinking about going either greddy type-s or the greddy type rz i love they way they both sound in the past i have always used the Blitz Super Sound BOV ive used it 3 times and i love the sound but now im ready for a higher pitch. Edited by taquito