1989 Starion(!) for sale near Philadelphia

88TSI_Rob

Found this on Craigslist and it's killing me that I have no room to store it or I would have bought it by now.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/636542791.html

Cliff notes:

76K miles

White w/ cloth(?) Black/Tan interior

5 spd

New head installed, according to the owner the engine just needs some final re-assembly.

Minor rust/dings

These '89 Starions are rare, so I'd like to see go to a good home.

Glenside is about a 15min from where I work, so if you are out of state and you'd like me to go check it out and take high res. photos I could probably help out.

Edited by 88TSI_Rob

Found this on Craigslist and it's killing me that I have no room to store it or I would have bought it by now.

Cliff notes:

76K miles

5 spd

New head installed, according to the owner the engine just needs some final re-assembly.

Minor rust/dings

Glenside is about a 15min from where I work, so if you are out of state and you'd like me to go check it out and take high res. photos I could probably help out.

i am looking to get another one, if you wanna scope it out for me that would be awsome ... $1800 is low for sometime that low of miles and as nice as he decided it ...so i would think there is a catch....

thanks

chris

88TSI_Rob,

Can you take pics of it and post it here? Also, is there a way to verify that it is a 1989 model?

Thanks,

Brando

Cliff notes:

76K miles

5 spd

Minor rust/dings

Looks to be a good find!

I'd be a little more interested if it didn't say 'rust by the rear wheels'. I'm not into restoring another one of these guys, but to find a rust free rare starquest needing on mechanicals would be cool.

kev

well i live in ny and had a car shipped from ur state (cali) using DAS and port to port delivery (technically it went to NJ and i drove it home to ny from there) but anyway it was a 89 quest and was 790. That was about 4 years ago man. wt.... knows wut it is now with the fuel BS. Might not be too crazy though, however the car i bought was running, they charge more for a car that dont run. But just try and wheel and deal them man, they are negotiable (any shipper for that matter) since they only stay in business if they price compete and they cant stay in business without money, and since they load up cars from similar areas it aint like they are losing money, most times in ur state they pick up from cali alone a full truck load and they can deal with u. Edited by tsiconquest88