mechanical oil pressure gauge

dj_justice

there is a capped port on the main oil galley, just above and forward of the oil fiter, it's there for pressure testing, you can hook in there and have a very accurate source without having to "T" into anything.

http://www.enginemachineservice.com/prime1.jpg

Where that line is in the pic.

Dad

Hey Dad

i dont mean to jack this thread. but in that picture, the housing that the oil cooler lines go to, is there a gasket between that housing and the block and is it still available? i seem to have an oil leak from that location. i dont see any oil on the cooler lines and i dont see any oil above the location si i am just taking a guess that the housing is leaking.

if there is a gasket for this and it is still available, do you happen to have a part number for it????

also, i like the picture, i have been wondering where to hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge and that makes it very clear.

thanks

Hey Dad

i dont mean to jack this thread. but in that picture, the housing that the oil cooler lines go to, is there a gasket between that housing and the block and is it still available? i seem to have an oil leak from that location. i dont see any oil on the cooler lines and i dont see any oil above the location si i am just taking a guess that the housing is leaking.

if there is a gasket for this and it is still available, do you happen to have a part number for it????

also, i like the picture, i have been wondering where to hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge and that makes it very clear.

thanks

There are 2 o/rings used, 1 on the outer area of the housing to block and an inner o/ring that is around the filter stud.

http://www.enginemachineservice.com/conquest.html

MF520588 is the large outer ring

MF520015 is the small inner ring

I have both in stock if you can't find them

Dad

Im trying to tap into there but I cant seem to get the plug out. Any suggestions? Also what type of fitting do I need?

I couldn't get mine out either without stripping the hex. I didn't want to torch the block while it is assembled and intalled so I T'd the original port where the pressure sensor goes with brass fittings from Home Depot and hooked up a mech and the stock guage so both work. I can see the stock guage easier than the mech because its below the radio so it's kinda like a first alert system them I'll look at the mech guage.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/marso13/IMG_0099.jpg

Edited by marso

Yeah I tried to take the sending unit out but I didnt have enough room to get a wrench down in there. Do you know what size fitting I need?

I can't remember what size. Take the sending unit off. I think the nut is 14mm. Take it to Home Depot and match up the fittings. I think they are 1/4" but check it before you buy. You'll need a T and a male to male connector for the block side. Get a copper line kit from advanced auto. It comes with different fittings to hook the other side up and I think there is one other in there you can use. Use teflon tape on the threads. BE CAREFULL don't over tighten the fittings. They will strip or split.

Edited by marso

I couldn't get mine out either without stripping the hex. I didn't want to torch the block while it is assembled and intalled so I T'd the original port where the pressure sensor goes with brass fittings from Home Depot and hooked up a mech and the stock guage so both work. I can see the stock guage easier than the mech because its below the radio so it's kinda like a first alert system them I'll look at the mech guage.

so if i wanted to have just the mech. gauge just delete the T, or does the ecu need to see oil pressure from the factory sender?

so if i wanted to have just the mech. gauge just delete the T, or does the ecu need to see oil pressure from the factory sender?

You can delete it-

I am keeping both my gauges in mine.

The ECU doesn't care at all if you have oil pressure.

Dad

thats actually a good idea. shouldn't you use a steel "T" fitting though?

most off the shelf brass fittings are rated for 150 PSI.

Steel is always better than brass thoguh, It may rust but it's less likely to fracture...