The new car

BOOSTED88tsi

What are you going to do with the exhaust. I always wondered what an ls1 would sound like coming out of one 3" apexi muffler...lol. I think it would add to the "sleeper"..ness...?

Most 240s run their exhaust that way and it sounds great. You are plugging right along Jason keep up the good work don't let this turn into Vise quality lol.

I ran it through the A/C ports hole like serpent did. At this point I don't even have the blower motor in the dash...Something I need to do soon. I also need to do my gauges. What are you going to do with the exhaust. I always wondered what an ls1 would sound like coming out of one 3" apexi muffler...lol. I think it would add to the "sleeper"..ness...?

heres a ls out of a HKS sounds great, quiet compared to my car.

I ran it through the A/C ports hole like serpent did. At this point I don't even have the blower motor in the dash...Something I need to do soon. I also need to do my gauges. What are you going to do with the exhaust. I always wondered what an ls1 would sound like coming out of one 3" apexi muffler...lol. I think it would add to the "sleeper"..ness...?

Yeah im trying not to mess with anything under the dash but I might run it that way too. Its going to be dual 2.5 to about the trans then both are going into my *DM 3 cat back. Going to run a 3 inch resonator for now then probably a magnaflow later but Idk. I have my greedy still so I might throw that on.

Most 240s run their exhaust that way and it sounds great. You are plugging right along Jason keep up the good work don't let this turn into Vise quality lol.

not going to lie my first steering tsetup was lightweight vice quality. Buuut I nexed it haha.

Looking great man. Sorry I spaced on those dimensions. Between work, vacation and racing I've been a little occupied. Looks like you got the best of it now. your going to sht yourself when you drive it.

no biggie! I dropped my ecu off today to clear the useless crap off and am ordering my coolant temp and tach tonight getting closer!

yeah man stay away from the "J bizzle weld" or whatever he called it. is this gonna be ready for vegas?

coming along quite nicely jason. you gonna let me drive *cough ,*cough drift this when your done right.. haha.. you gotta sent me a list of parts you used to get that s13 rack installed. i have a spare rack i want to install

LOL we'll see. Get to vegas so we can tandem! ill work on a list for you. Yesterday we started the passenger side header

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/2011-07-28_18-00-06_1.jpg

Route the last 3 tubes into collector and weld it all up and done. Thats like hour and a half of work right there ^. Also mounted my corvette fuel pressure regulator/fuel filter and started getting the lines figured out.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/2011-07-28_18-07-22_793.jpg

On monday we'll finish up the passenger side header and start the drivers side. Also ordered my tach and coolant gauge. Got cheap and didn't want to drop 300 on a speedo right now lol. Going to pick up my tuned ecu tomorrow and work on mounting that up.

How come you mounted the fuel filter all the way in engine bay? J/w. Looking good though. I almost miss building headers...lol

Cause i left the stock lines all the way to the bay... The headers were alot easier than i had thought haha

Getting there dood ! we'll be seeing this beast at Mesquite in October hopefully . Sotty. :)

Most definitely will be there! Hopefully doing some legal sideways shannanigans aswell?

Edited by BOOSTED88tsi

Got my hi-pressure ps line done today, fuel lines will be done on thursday and the passenger side header is completely tacked and ready to be tiged tomorrow.Hopefully we can get the drivers side done by thursday so i can start it up!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/2011-08-01_16-33-13_561.jpg

this build is coming along quickly man.. where you doing all the work at?

My work, we're hella slow so when theres nothing to do i work on the car.

OPEN HEADERS! w00t! :lol:

All it needs is an x-pipe to balance out pressure, and then some turndowns. :D

It'll be open header for initial start up but thats about it. Im in cali and am not trying to get my freshly rebuilt car taken so its going two into one and then probably into a magnaflow. Once it gets started, im pulling the headers and having them ceramic coated down the street and pulling my tranny and building my tunnel and driveshaft. Then its all done!

My work, we're hella slow so when theres nothing to do i work on the car.

It'll be open header for initial start up but thats about it. Im in cali and am not trying to get my freshly rebuilt car taken so its going two into one and then probably into a magnaflow. Once it gets started, im pulling the headers and having them ceramic coated down the street and pulling my tranny and building my tunnel and driveshaft. Then its all done!

Well in that case you should continue using the can muffler to confruze peepz. B)

How much you pick up that motor for. I've been searching and there freaking expensive.

Pm me and ill tell you haha. umm lets just say i doubt many people have got as deals as me though.

Let me know when your gunna fire it, ill be there.

My fuel lines are done thursday, so head over after work..

Well in that case you should continue using the can muffler to confruze peepz. B)

I think that'll be too loud as its a straight through. Im going to a throw a resonator on it after they go into one, and ill see how loud it is with the resonator/greedy. But ill probably go with something with chambers as i have no cats haha.

Pm me and ill tell you haha. umm lets just say i doubt many people have got as deals as me though.

My fuel lines are done thursday, so head over after work..

I think that'll be too loud as its a straight through. Im going to a throw a resonator on it after they go into one, and ill see how loud it is with the resonator/greedy. But ill probably go with something with chambers as i have no cats haha.

Fro-mastah? B)

Edited by Blue

i don't know... Everyone has a flowmaster in nor-cal lol. When the time comes ill figure it out haha. I forgot to update for today.

30k miles worth of cleaaaaaaan.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/2011-08-02_16-03-11_917.jpg

Both headers are tacked and fit great. They'll both be done tomorrow, i said screw it and let my boss mig them as he's working off his debt to me and itll get them done faster haha.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/2011-08-02_18-36-40_936.jpg

GETTING EXCITED.

Edited by BOOSTED88tsi