HOOD latch... always something..

codemeister3

ok, so today the oil in my car mysteriously disappeared. i put oil back in ran it for like 10 min and watched under the car for like 30 min. just this morning it had normal oil. it didnt leak the oil i put back into it. BUT since i thought it was leaking i only put 1 qt in, i went to turn the car on to see if it leaks and closed the hood.. then when i go to open the hood the latch is broken... man am i frustrated at this car. it seems like there is ALWAYS something wrong with it. but the reason im posting this is to ask how i get the hood open again?? i love this car to much to ever get rid of it so i want to keep working on it till theres nothing wrong. (heh...)

another question is where can i get a new differential and transmission and brake lines?

Thanks for any help!! god knows i sure need it with this car.

One way to get the hood open is to remove the grille...then with a flashlight and a pair of pliers..you can reach in and open it.

Anther way is to remove the driver's side headlight to gain access.

All the lines can come from two places I've had good results, Rockauto.com or Rockville Mitsubishi...you can browse their online catalogs for what you need...Rockville Mitsu has an area to e-mail a question or you can call them...if you call..talk to Mike.

This has happened to me as well as many members here I'm sure. I used a long screwdriver and slid up under the front of the car with a flashlight and theres a little tab you have to push over to pop the hood up. It will take some force to move it as well as some patience.

i still have not figured out how to get the broken cord hood latch to open. i tryed from underneeth and from the grill. me and 3 mechanic cant figure it out. ANY help would be so much appriciated. i would paypal 15$ to anyone who KNOWS how to get it undone. please any help would be awesome!!!

Heres what your looking for(what it looks like from the bottom of the car). The intercooler is going to be in your way making it a little difficult.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/89PalermoSHP/plate1.jpg

Edited by 89PalermoSHP