Whats going to be the best upgrade? Turbo?

tpoof100

I want to buy a manifold and turbo that will help me get to my 300 to 350 whp goal. I have done the upgrades as you can see on my signature.

What manifold should I get? LOG... or piped... Is any members still making them? I am trying Chad.

What is going to be the best turbo to get with the manifold? T3/T4, 19c, 16g

external or internal waste gate?

What will be the most for my money?

I am now ready to buy and want everyones ideas.

I want to buy a manifold and turbo that will help me get to my 300 to 350 whp goal. I have done the upgrades as you can see on my signature.

What manifold should I get? LOG... or piped... Is any members still making them? I am trying Chad.

What is going to be the best turbo to get with the manifold? T3/T4, 19c, 16g

external or internal waste gate?

What will be the most for my money?

I am now ready to buy and want everyones ideas.

Done the upgrades for what? 300 to 350 WHP? This is the mods list in your sig ".040 8:1 JE pistons, non jet head, 3'' Griffin rad., 272 cam, 2.5'' straight exhaust, 16g turbo, Trilogy Turbo Injectors, Mookeeh adjustible FPR, OVC Pipe w/ HKS type H BOV, and more to come."

Now I'm going to remove the parts that have little if anything to do with making your engine withstand 300 to 350 whp and what remains will be your applicable mods list for this conversation. "272cam, 2.5 exhaust, trilogy injectors, mookeeh adjustable FPR"

What's missing is significant in my opinion if you really mean to be able to support the 350HP region. You're talking about a 100hp/cylinder engine at that point as you will be nearing or exceeding 400crank HP. To put that in perspective, if we were V8 guys, you'd be saying "I'm shooting for 700 to 800 flywheel HP, haven't changed the intake from stock though, is that cool?" I don't see a clutch upgrade in your list either, or a fuel pump upgrade, fuel line upgrade, fuel filter upgrade, intake upgrade (like sly said) or an intercooler upgrade to cool all this hot air you plan to cram through the stock throttle body...

This is all not to mention the fact that IF you succeed in keeping your engine together for a 300 to 350 WHP dyno pull you will be the second person (that I know of) ever to do it with TBI. The first was ChrisViper and you can see his info in this thread http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8890

My point is that you're right to change the header now, but not the turbo. 14psi from that 16G of yours will pull hard with a good header on your current fuel system. When you want to make 300+whp more than once or twice, invest in a multiport system first, then a bigger turbo.

Edited by chiplee

Ahh, chip is on the right track.................................

a neat feature of the new site, is that it includes the original reply in the email notification and you can't get rid of that with an edit. Why edit out what you edited out though man, I know that.

Just so no one else is confused, I do not believe a turbo and manifold by them selves will give me this kind of power... but a person has to start somewhere. I think... I have a good start on the motor and now I can start giving it some serious power. Baybe 300-350 is aiming a little high, so lets say 250-300.

For my goal can I use the stock manifold? if not, who is currently making them? TEP makes one that is high priced.

Its kinda a combo, I need a turbo in mind to use so I know what flange to get on the manifold.

So now you know what I got and were I want to get. Now help me find a manifold.

BTW: I do have a Walbro pump and a 3" MAF sensor w/ translator monitored with an AEM wideband meter

i need to get new dyno numbers. i know for a fact i'm over 250rwhp and 330rwtq since my dyno numbers in my sig were WAY untuned. i'll be shooting for 260hp and 335tq @ wheels. total guess though, going by how badly i was rich before i got my MAF-Translator. anything after that, MPI is a must. Edited by Truth