Is there a newbie forum?

MmSadda

Hey, I'm new here. I'm wondering if there's an intro forum somewhere. I'm an rx7 guy, but looking at trading my FC3S for a Starion ESi-R. Hopefully you all are less evil to new members than the guys of rx7club.com; we're horrible. haha

Also, is there a stock vehicle specifications thread anywhere?

welcome welcome! consider this the intro forum as well, we're easy going folk

As for stock specs, I believe its roughly 188hp/190tq in a 3200lb car ( my numbers are off I know but they're close... )

Hope you enjoy it here :D

Welcome aboard. I've been here a while and have felt welcome from the start. Good group of folks here, but this site is what you make of it really.

You have any repair questions you can ask them in the virtual mechanic forum section. Lots of knowlegeable and helpful folks here.

Enjoy:-)

Oh, RX7 guy huh? Then you're familiar with difficult often broken down and hard to diagnose cars....well, not much different round here!!!

J/k with you....sort of.

Welcome. Oh, and rule of thumb the terms, "Drift" and "Starion" is grounds for forum lashing!! j/k....sort of.

As for stock specs, I believe its roughly 188hp/190tq in a 3200lb car ( my numbers are off I know but they're close... )

Depends on the year the 88+ have 230tq don't they?

Hi!

I'm near by you, few hours away. Niles/Youngstown 44446/44509 OH. Got entire building full of parts if you need any.

Got pics of your RX7?

Jesus guys.. 3200lbs, 190tq? LOL You guys have been here way too long to not know about your own cars..

3050lbs, 177hp/223tq for 86 and 87 widebodies.. 188hp/234tq for 88-89's..

Putting the smack down!! :lol: Say, that iS300 is looking good!! Did you get rid of the :biggrinumbrella1: stuff on the dash?

Jesus guys.. 3200lbs, 190tq? LOL You guys have been here way too long to not know about your own cars..

+1. and you guys call yourselves enthusiasts.

welcome aboard, dude. we're a friendly bunch.

Putting the smack down!! :lol: Say, that iS300 is looking good!! Did you get rid of the :biggrinumbrella1: stuff on the dash?

Thanks buddy.. And yes, that blue kevlar/kevlar carbon pattern stuff is long gone..

The car is doing pretty good at the moment, 360rwhp/350rwtq@11psi with a very safe tune.. Should be good for 430hp/415tq or so on the 440 injectors. Eash pound of boost gains roughly 17-20hp at the wheels..

I've got plans for a standalone and a DBB PT67 turbo to the tune of 650rwhp though.. That's a tranny swap away though.

Come on paus, I was correcting him, I had it right, I was 4lb off sue me! ;)

We pretty much use the BS forum for intros. Welcome aboard. You should update your profile with your location, helps a lot finding locals.

Jimmy

Done. Thanks for the advice, Jimmy!

Welcome. How soon you plan on getting a starion?

Looking at possibly trading my rx7 for one here locally that's very clean. it's an 86 ESi-R. Black exterior, red interior.

Thanks for the welcome. heavier car than I thought, but if I got one, I'd probably remove AC and rear seats... make it closer to rx7 specs. haha

Oh, RX7 guy huh? Then you're familiar with difficult often broken down and hard to diagnose cars....well, not much different round here!!!

J/k with you....sort of.

Welcome. Oh, and rule of thumb the terms, "Drift" and "Starion" is grounds for forum lashing!! j/k....sort of.

I know how 80s turbocharged Japanese cars can be. Take a look at what pops up when you open the 2nd gen section on rx7club.com :D

Oh, and I WILL drift my Starion!! I can do a mad-tyte JDM dorifto in my FC3S!!!!!!!111one I'll be gettin my Initial D or Tokyo Xtreme Drift on in it :P jk, man. haha, us rx7 guys hate drift as much as anyone ;)

Hi!

I'm near by you, few hours away. Niles/Youngstown 44446/44509 OH. Got entire building full of parts if you need any.

Got pics of your RX7?

I will let you know if I need anything when/if I get my Starion. :) and to appease you,

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v115/51/14/82000840/n82000840_30392406_580.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v115/51/14/82000840/n82000840_30392407_945.jpg

Thanks, JustPaus!

Anyone know what the weight distribution is? and am I reading right that the cars come stock with staggered wheels?

Thanks, JustPaus!

Anyone know what the weight distribution is? and am I reading right that the cars come stock with staggered wheels?

staggered is correct. Widebodies that is - they have 7" in the front and 8" in the rears. There is a package on the 88/89s called SHP that has the fronts as 8s and the rears as 9s, of course you could find a non-SHP widebody with those put on already.

welcome too the club im about a hour and half south of you theres a few members that live in columbus that are very knowledgeable for when you get you starquest

Done. Thanks for the advice, Jimmy!

Looking at possibly trading my rx7 for one here locally that's very clean. it's an 86 ESi-R. Black exterior, red interior.

Thanks for the welcome. heavier car than I thought, but if I got one, I'd probably remove AC and rear seats... make it closer to rx7 specs. haha

I know how 80s turbocharged Japanese cars can be. Take a look at what pops up when you open the 2nd gen section on rx7club.com :D

Oh, and I WILL drift my Starion!! I can do a mad-tyte JDM dorifto in my FC3S!!!!!!!111one I'll be gettin my Initial D or Tokyo Xtreme Drift on in it :P jk, man. haha, us rx7 guys hate drift as much as anyone ;)

I will let you know if I need anything when/if I get my Starion. :) and to appease you,

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v115/51/14/82000840/n82000840_30392406_580.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v115/51/14/82000840/n82000840_30392407_945.jpg

Thanks, JustPaus!

Dude, I use to drive lighter weight cars too, when I got into a conquest, I swear I don't even notice the weight, on dry land (i mean DRY land) you have really good traction, I have an SHP so I have the wider wheels. As far as the power goes we have a little thing called Torque.

Once you get in one the weight isn't going to be as much of an issue as you think. Pick one up soon as you can, they're really fun.

^I'm surprise no one picked up on that and flamed me for it. hahaha :P

Dude, I'm all for drifting and I believe most people on here like shooting their cars in a straight line. I personally like sliding my car around a corner, powering over and hauling a** to the next turn. Everyone has different preferences, these cars are so universal. You can do just about anything with them if you have the patience. Mine will be built strictly for street use and will stay below 300hp. I like the RX-7's but they are more tempermental then most other cars. Blow your wankle and your having a bad for a while. I suggest keeping your RX-7 and just buying the Starion if you have the means to do so. That way when one breaks down you have another to get you around. Just my 2 cents

Dude, I'm all for drifting and I believe most people on here like shooting their cars in a straight line. I personally like sliding my car around a corner, powering over and hauling a** to the next turn. Everyone has different preferences, these cars are so universal. You can do just about anything with them if you have the patience. Mine will be built strictly for street use and will stay below 300hp. I like the RX-7's but they are more tempermental then most other cars. Blow your wankle and your having a bad for a while. I suggest keeping your RX-7 and just buying the Starion if you have the means to do so. That way when one breaks down you have another to get you around. Just my 2 cents

Yes thats it, we got 4 wheel independent suspension cars that were made for rally racing so we can go in straight lines. :)

Thanks buddy.. And yes, that blue kevlar/kevlar carbon pattern stuff is long gone..

The car is doing pretty good at the moment, 360rwhp/350rwtq@11psi with a very safe tune.. Should be good for 430hp/415tq or so on the 440 injectors. Eash pound of boost gains roughly 17-20hp at the wheels..

I've got plans for a standalone and a DBB PT67 turbo to the tune of 650rwhp though.. That's a tranny swap away though.

Man, that's just sick!! I bet that thing flys all the while still being a Lexus!! But, yeah glad you got rid of the :biggrinumbrella1: on the dash... it would scare ladies away!!