CARBON FIBER parts-update page 2

j-hanson

Josh, as you can see everybody wants something but it's tough to agree on one thing. When 101 did the poll first, it narrowed down the choices. I'd stick with parts that aren't already being made or are hard to get. The most worn out body parts are up front.

Header panel/grill trim

Fenders

Bumper/airdam combo

If you can, pin down one to do, maybe a smaller cheaper part (like header panel or grill) to build ppl's trust, since you are only asking for 10 orders, I think you'll be in business. Maybe also consider a deposit option, as this has helped me commit when it's not an instant purchase.

If you're willing to make something that I happen to need I'd buy from you, but a lot of us have been burned before buying things off the forums, so some may be more nervous about it.

I hope you can get this going! I look forward to your work.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been very busy around here lately... i started a new full time job a month ago, and have been doing some work on some custom mustang parts that may be getting picked up by a supplier, so thats been eating up most my free time...

as an update--

ive made a few molds and have not pulled parts yet but ready to take orders.. they are smaller parts that i can handle a light production run of and still not make people wait too long to get the parts-(2-3 weeks shipped) i do not need 10 orders.... you can get these at any time.

please PM if youre interested so i can get zip code so i can quote shipping-I wont mark up shipping....price of box+ ups or fed-ex charges only

header panel $300--NOTE if you have a carbon hood i need a pic so i can match the direction of the weave

headlight covers $150/per pair--NOTE if you have hood, i need pic so i can match the direction of the weave

rear side vents behind doors $300/pair-these will have a thin mesh grill either black or aluminum instead of the square holes like the stock part

gauge hood $250

middle door panel inserts $250 per pair

again i can do these parts in carbon fiber or carbon kevlar

josh

http://picasaweb.google.com/worxcustoms/FabricationPics

since these arent race cars you might be able to make part from black fiberglass(except for those who have CF hoods). Im guessing most people want the look and not weight savings. and cosmetic carbon parts have so much resin on them anyways that weight savings are negligible. I think its a great thing you are doing but unfortunately I am not in the market. Good luck with it!

since these arent race cars you might be able to make part from black fiberglass(except for those who have CF hoods). Im guessing most people want the look and not weight savings. and cosmetic carbon parts have so much resin on them anyways that weight savings are negligible. I think its a great thing you are doing but unfortunately I am not in the market. Good luck with it!

I have a race car and i want the weight savings, not the look.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wondering if anything going on with this looking to buy few things but wondering if anyone ordered and got what they ordered and wondering on work quality ThanksRich

I ordered the header panel and headlight covers. Communication has been real good, I'll let you all know when I get the parts. Shouldn't be long now.

Hey Josh any possibility of carbon doors(MAJOR weigth savings)? Also/if not the inside lower door panels I am very interested in if you have any pics avalible.

Thanks,

Edited by idriftjunk

I ordered the header panel and headlight covers. Communication has been real good, I'll let you all know when I get the parts. Shouldn't be long now.

Excellant...please let us know how they turn out. I'm interested in these items as well. Header Panels would be a key item since almost no one has a decent header panel these days (including myself!).

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Josh any possibility of carbon doors(MAJOR weigth savings)? Also/if not the inside lower door panels I am very interested in if you have any pics avalible.

Thanks,

Do you have any photos of your front bumper mods?...I like.

I made a set of carbon base plates for my Starion and used some universal carbon APR mirrors (cheaper from Pegagus Racing in WI). I think they look alright...a bit small, but they do the job if adjusted properly...an improvement over stock in my opinion.

I've also made a template for flat lower carbon fiber door panels. I'm getting ready to order the raw materials. The only challenge I have is how I'm going to mount the window controls...still working on that...will have to modify them or may have to get some aftermarket switches and mount in the lower door, dash or center counsel.

My car is not a show car...it's more of play/track car w/ wally-weekender duties...LOL...plus it still holds my surf boards as long as there's nobody else in the car.

Before paint job...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/jonesh242/Picture186.jpg

After paint job...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/jonesh242/Starion018.jpg

I'll post some pics once I get the door panels figured out.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the header panel and headlight covers yesterday. The parts look really good, mounting tabs, etc, everything just like stock. The weave is nice and straight, and the covers weave direction matches the header, which Josh matched to pics I sent him of my CF hood from 101. Yes indeed.

The packaging was total a overkill of padding, foam and peanuts.

I can't wait, the Starion's gonna be rolling HARD.

Don't sleep guys, Josh knows what he's doing with these parts.

Great,

can't wait to get my parts......shipped out yesterday[

quote name=Fuze' date='Aug 21 2008, 11:26 PM' post='772747]

Got the header panel and headlight covers yesterday. The parts look really good, mounting tabs, etc, everything just like stock. The weave is nice and straight, and the covers weave direction matches the header, which Josh matched to pics I sent him of my CF hood from 101. Yes indeed.

The packaging was total a overkill of padding, foam and peanuts.

I can't wait, the Starion's gonna be rolling HARD.

Don't sleep guys, Josh knows what he's doing with these parts.

Edited by hdam

How about CF louver set? I think that would be cool as hell. Not sure on it's difficulty though. I'm working on getting a nice metal set from another member. I can donate them to make the mold if i get a nice discount ;- )

• 4 weeks later...