Nevermind.

Starion 2.0 Turbo 1985-1988 90-229** .-ADJ $2,800

Galant 1.8/2.0 E30 1989-1992 90-214 .-ADJ $2,800

The 85 - 88 part is what concerns me. 1985 and 1988 front suspensions should not be interchangable, overseas car or not. Unless there is enough ajustment to compensate for the different legnth lower control arms. Regardles, awesomeness is at hand here!

Starion 2.0 Turbo 1985-1988 90-229** .-ADJ $2,800

Galant 1.8/2.0 E30 1989-1992 90-214 .-ADJ $2,800

The 85 - 88 part is what concerns me. 1985 and 1988 front suspensions should not be interchangable, overseas car or not. Unless there is enough ajustment to compensate for the different legnth lower control arms. Regardles, awesomeness is at hand here!

$2800 concerns me.

After trying to find pics of a set of SQ ones, I came across a vendor who was selling these for $1100 and thought the SQ ones(or any of them really) wouldn't be much more than that.

Regardless of year, they'll bolt up... I'm sure there's enough camber adjustment. Even if there wasn't, how hard is it to make some front control arms that are adjustable in more ways than you'd need..

http://www.hotbits.org/images/car%20n%20suv.pdf

Starion 2.0L Turbo 1985-1988

Street - $1765.00 RRP / $1525.00 GB PRICE

Sport - N/A

Hmmmm... a quality coil over made for our cars? interesting....

I just sent them in inquiry , If I can carry them I will make a post to do a GB .

I sent them one too as they are an australian company!

I got this reply,

"Dear Silas,

Due to limited demand , the Starion Coil-over kits are no longer in production."

I then asked them if they would consider putting them back into production if a minimum number of customers could be secured!

Waiting for a reply now.....

Silas

oh well , guess back to making my own - no big deal .

Actually i just realized that i have sent my emails to http://www.hot-bits.com.au/

I think it's a different company!

I will still see what there reply is though,

Silas

I sent an e-mail to the one in Cananda , well I'll see whats up ..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know of one set here in Hawaii.

We tried to bring it in but the whole sale cost was $1200 plus $300 to ship it to the U.S.A. and to make some profit was not feesable plus peeps on the board whining about how to bolt it on.

(You chop about 6" from the bottom of the front strut drill a hole on the bottom of the spindle assembly and bolt the tube in) its still on the car today. The shock is rebuildable. Very nice unit.

Try sourcing it from Canada I found a distributer there.

We went through Singapor through a candy dealer.

If you have to complain about the price of these parts then you shouldn't be in this sport.

http://www.hotbits.ca/

Edited by j5

If you have to complain about the price of these parts then you shouldn't be in this sport.

Whoa whoa whoa, did you forget what kind of site you're on here? This ain't no supraforums.

Maybe because you're a 'candy-a**'.

Well, there is no reason to put coil-overs on your daily or sunday driver. Its just too excessive. A nice coil-over setup is for motorsport and motorsport is expensive.

I put coil-overs on my daily because I am an idiot and I wanted to further decrease my chances of holding a girlfriend by making her know exactly where every bump in the road is. That with the addition of no A/C in humid new england summer weather make a great combination.

But holy s*** does my car turn! :hmm3grin2orange:

• 2 weeks later...
I know of one set here in Hawaii.

We tried to bring it in but the whole sale cost was $1200 plus $300 to ship it to the U.S.A. and to make some profit was not feesable plus peeps on the board whining about how to bolt it on.

(You chop about 6" from the bottom of the front strut drill a hole on the bottom of the spindle assembly and bolt the tube in) its still on the car today. The shock is rebuildable. Very nice unit.

Try sourcing it from Canada I found a distributer there.

http://www.hotbits.ca/

its not a sport for many of us just a hobby. Very nice none the less

• 2 weeks later...
I think people are tyring to pimp us for a lot of dough because they know were getting desperate.

I think thats the going cost of a quality part and starion and conquest owners are just used to sub par quality that comes with sub par prices. Im honestly amazed at both the prices asked for the parts I've seen for sale on these forums, and the fact that people pay so little for such important parts and then say, hey, this is a good idea, Im going to put it on my car. Im amazed the failure rate isn't through the roof on these cars, but then again there isn't any good dataloggers available to let you know that something has gone south.

btw, mookeeh's coil overs are listed on ebay now for 1500 or so. If you want those it sounds as though he is selling them without the core shp spindle required. Again, Im still waiting for some quaility control (reviews) before I go off spending 1500 dollars on something that seems to be simply a chinese knock off.

hate me all you want, Im just speaking the truth.