engine swap 4g63 or keep the original

W87NBS

is that an actual cop car?

What?

If there ever was a time when I hoped for a fake account, this is it. :lol:

Jesus.

oh, my. it's time for me to hit the sack.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4g63 is not downgrade.... ralli-art/hks's imsa car was a 2.3L destroker with hks custom cast dohc... i guarantee stock 4g63 head is nicer design than ralli arts 2.6L dohc head... its the 7th cast technically (ie hks cast 6 versions).... all in all the 4g63 is the compilation of mitsubishi and hks research that was done to the 2.6L they made what 350hp with a dohc n/a car.... and no one has done it with tbi and turbo so they did something right... 4g63 swap is = to building a 2.6 just will take more actual work... dont tell me your gonna plug in the wires and fip controller is magically gonna give you optimum horsepower your gonna have to dyno tune which = cash/possible inconvience/ and time... Evo 3 16g on 4g63 swapped conquest can run on stock computer within limits ~15psi and will require the fabrication instead of dyno tuning... and once its done right the swap will last and continue to be fun... dsm world opens up massive aftermarket that is unheard of in conquest community.... 4g63 is so much more smooth running than g54b anywho ... im just gonna lay low and let all you moneybags figure out what gearbox will handle the rwd 4g63 and then i will go from their already have 6bolt 4g63 ready for the swap... just checkin in been a few years since ive posted

On a second note... a gt35r on 4g63 has produced way more than 569hp.... g54b boys are shooting for 500whp... if you had a 4g63 youd be shooting for 1000whp and if i do the math thats double the hp with less displacement....

boost + antilag + efficiency= replacement for displacement

=4g63... my gosh evo 3 16g has made more than 300whp.. matter of fact ive seen 14b 4g63 making over 300whp

the 4g motors have WAY more aftermarket support and have had it for way longer than the g54 has. we're just now breaking ground on our own, and rather than do it everyone else's way, i'm loving the fact that people are making their stock power plant better.

very true Truth and like they say to each his own but in reality if you want a 9sec 4cyl mitsubishi you better swap to a 2.0L, just depends on your goals, ablities with a vehicle, and cash flow.

Truth how do you like the maft-t and what gen are you using? Ive heard really good things about the gen 2 and pro.

the 4g motors have WAY more aftermarket support and have had it for way longer than the g54 has. we're just now breaking ground on our own, and rather than do it everyone else's way, i'm loving the fact that people are making their stock power plant better.

There is a few places you can get everything for the G54B.

very true Truth and like they say to each his own but in reality if you want a 9sec 4cyl mitsubishi you better swap to a 2.0L, just depends on your goals, ablities with a vehicle, and cash flow.

Not true. The g54b has been 9.51@149mph in a stock bodied SQ. What motor did Sakura run while holding the fastest/quickest 4 cylinder title before the Ecotec took it away? A g54b.

Also, I do agree that the 4g series motors will make power easier due to the motors superior VE. But what parts are available for the 4g's that aren't available for g54b's?

The cost's of parts for g54b's are cheaper aswell as the cost to rebuild.

On a second note... a gt35r on 4g63 has produced way more than 569hp.... g54b boys are shooting for 500whp... if you had a 4g63 youd be shooting for 1000whp and if i do the math thats double the hp with less displacement....

boost + antilag + efficiency= replacement for displacement

=4g63... my gosh evo 3 16g has made more than 300whp.. matter of fact ive seen 14b 4g63 making over 300whp

Some people enjoy a superior torque curve.

And saying who's shooting for what is kind of retarded brother. Double the HP with less displacement on a goal? :lol:

What kind of turbo will it take to achieve 1000awhp? Certainly not a GT35R.. GT42R perhaps, maybe 45? Turbo's that haven't been on G54B's yet..

We are behind the times dude. If we had the same amount of enthusiast's as DSM's do, this conversation wouldn't exist since we'd have a much higher percentage of people who would be going for broke.

Get out of fantasy land

nobody "needs" dyno tuning

nobody "needs" a massive aftermarket.

What do you see a G54 'needs' that we can't easily get ?

nobody is shooting for any 1000hp and hanging out on these forums

my 4G63s are no smoother running than my G54s. All balance shafts

63 rwd gearbox has already been 'figured out'

poor reasons/excuses really

now for a reality check;

1st two 4g63 starquest swaps I've seen here way back went 12s with

t3/t4. One a dsm ecu, the other was standalone.

A few TBI starquest gone 12s with upgrade turbo bolted to stock

motor. What do you think cost more ? Not even close.

none can question a 63 capability.. but the 54 is proven performer

too, even for reasonable money.

Vice....I can't even get mad at your posts any more......There are only a handful of 500 hp g54 out there....You don't do any of your own work but you continue to possess the massive amount of realistic HP #'s for the g54.....mindgame is the only serious person about making "Huge" HP #'s from the g54 that i've seen on here.....You only think its realistc because you've seen video's on youtube of fast starions.......

Truth how do you like the maft-t and what gen are you using? Ive heard really good things about the gen 2 and pro.

i don't want anything with 1000hp. i want to drive the car more than i fix it. sure, the 4g is a better powerplant to go with in all-out drag. but if you build a Starquest that runs low 12's, you're going to toast 90% of cars on the street because there aren't many low 12 second cars that are going to hook up on the street.

oh, and i'm using the first gen MAF-T and it works awesomely. i don't really need the second gen.

First Vice your a noob dont post. Your noobizm has amazed me and i dont know how you cant still post on these forums. Dsm boys would of banned you for your misdirection and complete noobizm and thats why you own a slow conquest. You had your motor built.. did ffwd connection do it or magnus build it, did you cryo treat the block have a stage 6 port job done... then i dont care. This is 4g63 vs g54b peroid, and 4g63 is far superior motor dont misdirect the newbies. 250cfm in and 250cfm out on stock 4g63 head is more than anyone on these boards will ever flow, stock intake which is a well design 7" runners into the port injected head on the 4g63 limits 40cfm on top end. FFWD connection and magnus cryo treat (hardening process i know its new) their block for horsepower unheard of with the g54b. If your debating 4g63 vs g54b get your info from the dsm guys they dont allow misdirection unlike these forums. If your debating the swap you have big plans or you wouldnt be considering... and like i said gt35r = 600awhp on 4g63 and gt42r has netted over 1000awhp (ive personally seen wheel stands with 4g63 starquest at the shootout) ... Read some books do the research, build the car YOURSELF, and then argue with me. So far its been a bunch of bs facts from ppl defending the 2.6l without facts just assumptions... 4g63 has made more power/liter than most super cars ie lambo porshe... remeber fq400 evo on top gear ran in their top 10 lap times... not a conquest with g54b...

BTW my stock awd 6 bolt awd is open for challenges from any tbi conquest (my stock fuel 12a quest ran 13.9's, pretty easy for me to run 12's with awd talon just makes sense, im not hear to prove anything i have facts) 14b 4g63 has produced 300awhp (awd drags 30% of power btw) and ran 11.9 so argue that..... ligher conquest with 250rwhp (4g63t) motor which is cake to any decent wrenchman. will own with traction..

Got boost? well i say "Can you dirve" or "are you noob"

this starquest forum is the main reason i gave up on the g54b too many air headed big shots that never amout to anything and im not here to call out anyone but vice out......................kinda like IBM "stop talkin start doing" When g54b makes 1000hp argue me or dont post noob. like i said this is weather or not to swap a 4g63 with g54b and once again DONT MISDIRECT NEWBIES with all of the excueses and gods miracle g54bs and all that 2.6l makes torque ( beat magnus's 4g63 . then or shut up) . BTW magnus has fastest 4cyl in world with stock block 4g63 beat that shakura who took hks head from Chad (who owns galant gvr-4 awd 4g63 hmm )over their billet head... and the 4g63 head is a better design.... remember ralli-arts/hks's imsa's car was a 2.3L not 2.6 which only enforceses my approach.

"Takes time and patience for the young padawans to learn" Quoted TSirocket

The facts dont argue... 4g63 is offspring from hks/ralliarts input into the 2.6L so if you want more than 300whp move to the 4g63

after reading some stupid post i have just let loose.... maybe to be never heard from again, but what i have said holds its truth and can be backed up... you want it ill document it..... Im laying the facts down not bench racing bs or outrageous hp figures.

ONCE and for all this is 4g63 vs g54b... i have full right to express my 4g63 knowledge,not get banned, and I have misdirected no one.

i stated 4g63t swap is within wrenching knowledge.. and i will not say it will be easy..but is worth it for anyone debating mpi and expecting more than 600whp lol... when AMS is making multiple 1000hp evos 500whp is a joke

dream on or go 4g63 period...

anyone want to argue??? If VICE can get away with noob info i can argue my facts and not get banned. If so at least i did it in trying to properly inform on this TOPIC.... once again noobs kill this community with their dreams....... just remember IBM.... lmao

just my 2 cents

peace

p.s. bring on the flames... not like VICES post on ghetto 20hp didnt get bashed lol.. at least i incorporate intelligence and facts.... still lmao

Second note why misinform the community??? If the starquest community is shooting for 300whp then im out of the loop sorry... In my experience with cars (Nissan, mitsu, ford, chevy, ect). Anyone who owns a car wants to be the fastest regardless of which powerplant or mods. We can argue for days with useless facts. 4g63t is still worth the wile to anyone albe to do the swap

Further note... TRUTH if your having good luck with maft trans then maft trans 2 or pro is advantage to anyone not able to mpi... MPI being a dyno tuning nightmare for some of us who dont have dyno around the blok

RX-7 second gen turbo 2 series 5 gearbox seems to be the way to swap (not really defined as goldend.. If all else fails hks makes a dogmisson for the rx-7. STRAIGHT cut gears... JINX i dont think the trans has been figured.... its still a problem.. as it will be for high hp g54b's.. i grenaded 2 88-89 gearboxes with 12a 2.6L in 7k miles..... 2760lbs and free mods.... I like 2.6 but no comparrison to 4g63 starquest. If you drive it like you stole it you find problems real quick.

2 front cv's in awd talon. shattered 3 rear drives cv's at launch, and 2 gear goxes...

2 88 boxes for the quest same drive style W/12a tbi

i guess cv's last longer but stock trans have not for me in the mitsu world

First Vice your a noob dont post. Your noobizm has amazed me and i dont know how you cant still post on these forums. Dsm boys would of banned you for your misdirection and complete noobizm and thats why you own a slow conquest. You had your motor built.. did ffwd connection do it or magnus build it, did you cryo treat the block have a stage 6 port job done... then i dont care. This is 4g63 vs g54b peroid, and 4g63 is far superior motor dont misdirect the newbies. 250cfm in and 250cfm out on stock 4g63 head is more than anyone on these boards will ever flow, stock intake which is a well design 7" runners into the port injected head on the 4g63 limits 40cfm on top end. FFWD connection and magnus cryo treat (hardening process i know its new) their block for horsepower unheard of with the g54b. If your debating 4g63 vs g54b get your info from the dsm guys they dont allow misdirection unlike these forums. If your debating the swap you have big plans or you wouldnt be considering... and like i said gt35r = 600awhp on 4g63 and gt42r has netted over 1000awhp (ive personally seen wheel stands with 4g63 starquest at the shootout) ... Read some books do the research, build the car YOURSELF, and then argue with me. So far its been a bunch of bs facts from ppl defending the 2.6l without facts just assumptions... 4g63 has made more power/liter than most super cars ie lambo porshe... remeber fq400 evo on top gear ran in their top 10 lap times... not a conquest with g54b...

BTW my stock awd 6 bolt awd is open for challenges from any tbi conquest (my stock fuel 12a quest ran 13.9's, pretty easy for me to run 12's with awd talon just makes sense, im not hear to prove anything i have facts) 14b 4g63 has produced 300awhp (awd drags 30% of power btw) and ran 11.9 so argue that..... ligher conquest with 250rwhp (4g63t) motor which is cake to any decent wrenchman. will own with traction..

this starquest forum is the main reason i gave up on the g54b too many air headed big shots that never amout to anything and im not here to call out anyone but vice out......................kinda like IBM "stop talkin start doing" When g54b makes 1000hp argue me or dont post noob. like i said this is weather or not to swap a 4g63 with g54b and once again DONT MISDIRECT NEWBIES with all of the excueses and gods miracle g54bs and all that 2.6l makes torque ( beat magnus's 4g63 . then or shut up) . BTW magnus has fastest 4cyl in world with stock block 4g63 beat that shakura who took hks head from Chad (who owns galant gvr-4 awd 4g63 hmm )over their billet head... and the 4g63 head is a better design.... remember ralli-arts/hks's imsa's car was a 2.3L not 2.6 which only enforceses my approach.

The facts dont argue... 4g63 is offspring from hks/ralliarts input into the 2.6L so if you want more than 300whp move to the 4g63

after reading some stupid post i have just let loose.... maybe to be never heard from again, but what i have said holds its truth and can be backed up... you want it ill document it..... Im laying the facts down not bench racing bs or outrageous hp figures.

ONCE and for all this is 4g63 vs g54b... i have full right to express my 4g63 knowledge,not get banned, and I have misdirected no one.

i stated 4g63t swap is within wrenching knowledge.. and i will not say it will be easy..but is worth it for anyone debating mpi and expecting more than 600whp lol... when AMS is making multiple 1000hp evos 500whp is a joke

anyone want to argue??? If VICE can get away with noob info i can argue my facts and not get banned. If so at least i did it in trying to properly inform on this TOPIC.... once again noobs kill this community with their dreams....... just remember IBM.... lmao

just my 2 cents

peace

p.s. bring on the flames... not like VICES post on ghetto 20hp didnt get bashed lol.. at least i incorporate intelligence and facts.... still lmao

even the noobs know that you don't need a damn 4g63t for 260 RWHP..

for a nice 12 second dependable daily driver a g54b is a nice comfortable land rocket cruiser.

pulls on most cars in fifth on the interstate in close to stock trim.

so while it maybe be easier to go stupid fast with a DSM motor.

it's not always about whats easiest.

Yep, we all desire to turn a touring car into a drag beast. :lol:

1000rwhp? Hell, why stop there.. Screw the 4 cylinders, step up to a 2JZ since it's a better motor than a 4G63.. Screw the costs, right? Let's run 5's.. Tubular chassis, composite body, blown and injected super-big block.. 1000rwhp? Pshh! Let's go for 4000rwhp and quit screwing around.

I mean, we all want to be the fastest right? There's no 4 cylinder on the planet that will go to that level.

We done yet? Good.

You gave up on a motor because you didn't like a forum? Seriously?

How far did you get into the g54b build? What failed? What can be improved on? How far along are you in the 4G SQ? Any details? Believe it or not, we don't care about what motor is in the car.. Everyone is welcome to share details and I assure you that you'll have more props from members than anything else. Vice will learn eventually, as did everyone(even you at some point).

Emagdnim has been on the 4g63 side of things and reported to have spent much less in his SQ build. That means something to people, costs. Even in DSM land, pockets aren't magically without depth. People defend the g54b because everyone and their mother tries to bash it, until they realize that years of neglect and pseudo mechanics made their car unreliable. The cost issue is also in the g54b's favor, seeing how it's already there and costs almost nothing to rebuild.

In closing, I agree with you. Depending on someone's specific goal, the 4g63 is a better motor. 300rwhp isn't the threshold though. Swaps are cool, and I plan to have a couple different ones. A 4g63 or maybe a 63/64 hybrid for a time attack type car(where frontal weight would be minimized), and a 2JZ for a highway murderer that won't scare people away since it doesn't sound nuts like a V8 while cruising.

Stick around dude, you know the forum isn't half as bad as you think. BS gets posted, like Vice's 20hp post, but it's not long until someone comes in and sets things straight. I could've easilly posted about how to do it the right way by testing where the highest frontal pressure area's are on the car(already done that), designing a proper intake tract that doesn't lose energy through unneccessary turns and turbulence inducing ripple wall tubing so that you actually have a positive pressure charge before the turbo that's resonably dense. Given the thread and how ridiculous it had become, there's no reason to post good info in a thread that was doomed to fail. :wink:

I'm pushing my G54B build because it's the motor that came in the car.

If I want to push my 4G63 build ill do it in the car that motor came stock in.

:oops:

The quest would be where DSM's are if the car wasn't swappable and had all the testing the 4G63 has received.

And just think, 5 years ago 500HP to DSM's was amazing... This forum is still what DSM's were 5 years ago, but we are learning just like the DSM guys did.... and kinda playing catch up... see what I'm saying?

We will evolve, it just takes time.

I'll help this guy evolve wit my torque wrench.

The 20Hp post was not BS aight, it just escalated to it. Some people are really getting worked up behind their computer screens.

Back to this post: Surely the 4G63 motor is a newer technology and easier to produce more HP but I'd stick with the G54B best bang for the buck and it's what comes with the car.

just my 2 cents

peace

s*** IF I WANT TO BE A SMART ASSS

I SAVE UP 4G AND THROW RB26DETT SKYLINE MOTOR

SWITCH I THANK BETTER THEN MOST ENGINE

I SEEN SKYLINE MOTOR OVER 1600 HP .

CMON DOUCH BAG DO I NEED THAT MUCH TO GO FROM A TO B.

• 4 weeks later...

just my 2 cents

peace

x2

better is better no matter how you look at it