anyone interested in a clear glass upper radiator hose?

mxg

I talked to a company that makes clear radiator hoses they said they could make one for our cars if theres a big enough interest. let me know then i can let them know if its worth doing or not. thanks

Uhhhhh! it sounds cool, but dangerous as far as breakage. Kinda reminds me of the ol' V8 Clear distributor caps that sparked in the dark. I would be interested but would have to have some good test results. :?:

its been tested to stand 450degrees and subzero tempetures all there glass hoses are warrantied for 30days im hoping i can get one and test it. they ran one over with an F250 and it didnt hurt it. I will be finding out more soon they are at the sema show in vegas right now they are going to call me next week.

its been tested to stand 450degrees and subzero tempetures all there glass hoses are warrantied for 30days im hoping i can get one and test it. they ran one over with an F250 and it didnt hurt it. I will be finding more soon they are at the sema show in vegas right now they are going to call me next week.

Alright keep us posted then.

Better make sure that coolant it clean cause everyones gonna see you fluids. :lol:

Yeah, they get to see all the rusty water flowing through your engine!!

Depending on price, this sounds intriguing. Sucks for us with custom radiators though...

Watch this vid... the guys make killer glass... but need some killer video editing skills... or at least killer camera zooming skills. "Where's the zoom? Where's the zoom?" LMAO... I laughed sooooo hard at the ending, just didn't expect it.

http://killerglass.com/content/view/15/25/

-Robert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
is this GP dead now?

yah sorry guys i dont know what happend these guys kinda screwed me around i know its been awhile but im gunna be on the safe side and forget about it for now maybe ill find another company.

• 11 months later...

Man the was a damn tough piece of glass. I looked at the site quick and it says $199 for the upper hose, where did you see $150?

Quote from their website:

All upper radiator hoses $199 + $30 for custom etching

Choice of Red, Blue or Green LED to match your themes

Yes we do custom order & special projects

Anyway, I can't say I ever heard of a glass tube you can park your F250 on. I guess depending on what color coolant your running it would be ok as long as it isn't that greenish brown stuff. Novelty yes, practical... not really. It would be cool to bet people that you can pound a nail with it tho, just a lot of bets to get your $200 back.

and by the way, I still have my clear distributor cap from the 80's thank you :hmm3grin2orange:

i used a clear hose once just to experiment. the actual water in the hose looks like toilet soup. its not a fish tank.
Edited by brianpaul98

Ok, I just watched the water cooled Harley video and it was semi nifty

http://www.killerglass.com/store/index.php...products_id=184

and had an idea. Whats cooler than a lava lamp? Wouldn't it be cool if you had some type of colored globs of something that you would be able to see going through the glass tube. Of course you can't use the waxy globs from your lava lamp or you would plug up the cooling system as soon as the engine cooled off but maybe some type of colored oil or something. You'd also have to run a piss thin antifreeze mix to really see them. Just an idea.