Adjustable cam gears CLOSED!!!! Complete Shipping 10/23

pagemo

Pics please.

I will post an old picture of one of the first ones that was made but my main laptop is being repaired today and don't have the picture available.

Monty no problem, I will check paypal later tonight and let you know when I recieve it. I won't be making any this weekend as I am planning on going to jimmy's saturday so I will start making them next week!

Quick,

Thanks I will make yours out of steel as requested, do you want me to add holes to try and reduce the weight or do you just want the same design just out of steel? I would guess the steel center will double the weight of the factory gear unless I drill it to remove weight.

Scott

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pics please.

Quick,

Thanks I will make yours out of steel as requested, do you want me to add holes to try and reduce the weight or do you just want the same design just out of steel? I would guess the steel center will double the weight of the factory gear unless I drill it to remove weight.

Scott

I have to ask, why would you want a steel center section??? More rotating weight with no benefits (well, little benefits, I guess if you adjusted it 1000 times it would hold up better). Not trying to down you guys (quick and pagemo), just curious for my own info. I know you don't see AAM, Crower, Fidanza, HKS, etc. making steel centers.

makeing the center section out of steel is my request and scott is willing to do it,that is very good customer service,,,,,also out of all the g54 aluminum centers, that are made either scotts,,mookah,,,or whoever they cant post and say they have 100000 miles on them,,,, so durability for me is a priority ,,,,in the long run ,,who knows ,,maybe you should have had yours made of steel

will i adjust it a 1000 times??? ,,i hope not but if i do ,,its made of steel :D

hey scott ,,,,yes i would like you too put some lightening holes in it if its not gonna kill me as far as price,,,,other wise ill do that myself,,,so either way

thanx again scott

bryen

quikconq wrote:

hey scott ,,,,yes i would like you too put some lightening holes in it if its not gonna kill me as far as price,,,,other wise ill do that myself,,,so either way

I will let you know when I get done machining the steel center, if it does not take to much extra time(machining steel vs alum) I will put the extra holes in for free.

Update:

1) lives TSI (paid in full)

2)Chad

3)Kelly

4)quickconq (Paid deposit $70)

5)brian

6) Blind drifter

7) Pyro nate

8 ) Scotty Don't (Paid deposit $50)

9) Monty

10) AAM(jonboy) (Paid in full)

2)Chad (paid deposit $50)

3)Kelly

5)brian ($50 deposit)

6) Blind drifter

7) Pyro nate

8 ) Scotty Don't (Paid deposit $50)

9) Monty (paid in full)

10) AAM(jonboy) (Paid in full)

11) Oscar the grouch 2 (Paid in full)

Pyro nate, shoot me an email to spage@scovill.com and I will send you a picture or two.

Thanks

can i still get in on this? please tell me yes . and do you have pics of them and when paid in full when will they be shipped.

Yes you can still get in, read further up to see the address for payment or Paypal. If you send me a email address I will send pictures to, I have not had a chance to upload any.

I purchased enough gears to do 10 but I bought everything the warehouse had so I am digging to find some more, last time i purchased from several suppliers and setteled on the "dynogear" brand as they were easiest to modify, but long story short I will build them this week and this weekend and plan to have them ready for most people next week?

later this week when the last gears are purchased and I start the set up to machine them the GP will be closed.

Scott

Pr4mnceMan wrote:

Hey,

I've got one of those rare DOHC mitsu heads, can I get in on this?

Since I am pretty sure I made the motor mount plates that hold your rare 2.9 liter DOHC VTEC ITEC diesel I would have to pass on making the cam gears gears for it, I am afraid it could possibly cause an inter fearance with .680 lift cams your running :shock:

Scotty Dont wrote:

any update?

I am still pending payment of a least a deposit from several members, Pyro nate is out of the GP, but as far as I know everyone else was still in

This GP will be closed tonight, I will start making them tonight and this weekeend, I am planning to be able to start shipping to those who have paid in full on Monday.

Please note if you have not paid in full by mid next week I will be out of town the week of the 15th so I won't be able to ship until after I return.

Thanks

Scott

Hey bud, would it be possible to get in on the GP in the spot the other guy dropped out of? Would send deposit immediately and the rest a week or 2 later. I'd be able to send the deposit until about 430 EST then I head off to work, or I can do it on Saturday. Either way get back to me and let me know.

Jim

Hey bud, would it be possible to get in on the GP in the spot the other guy dropped out of? Would send deposit immediately and the rest a week or 2 later. I'd be able to send the deposit until about 430 EST then I head off to work, or I can do it on Saturday. Either way get back to me and let me know.

Jim

PMed you with details

OK this is offically closed, I have only enough gears to fill these orders, I removed several people I have not been able to get in touch with that had not paid.

2)Chad (paid deposit $50)

3)Kellydahman (Pending)

5)brian ($50 deposit)

6) BIlly (Paid Deposit $50)

7 ) Scotty Don't (Paid in full)

8 ) Monty (paid in full)

9) AAM(jonboy) (Paid in full)

10) Oscar the grouch 2 (Paid in full)

If I have made a mistake let me know?

The gears are not quite finished I am working on them tonight to try and complete, these may not look complicated but they really are a pain in the A$$ to make, every time I finish a set I say Iwill not make them again :roll:

Any way I am hoping to ship some tomorrow, I will let you know,

to everyone that has paypaled me I use that as the ship to address if it needs to go somewhere else please PM me with the correct address!

Thanks

Scott

Kellydahman Wrote:

Sent $80

Let me know when balance due. Thanks

Got it thanks Kelly

Sorry guys but this is taking longer to finish than I expected, mainly because the castings are all so different, I have to add the timing marks first thing in the morning, and I will try to ship some of them tomorrow. I will be out of town next week and if my laptop is fixed(died yesterday) so that I can check my emails and paypal account, I plan to take the gears with me and ship all of them that are paid in full. if you are not in a hurry for it no problem pay the balance when you can and I will ship when received.

Thanks

Scott

Kellydahman Wrote:
Sent $80

Let me know when balance due. Thanks

Got it thanks Kelly

Sorry guys but this is taking longer to finish than I expected, mainly because the castings are all so different, I have to add the timing marks first thing in the morning, and I will try to ship some of them tomorrow. I will be out of town next week and if my laptop is fixed(died yesterday) so that I can check my emails and paypal account, I plan to take the gears with me and ship all of them that are paid in full. if you are not in a hurry for it no problem pay the balance when you can and I will ship when received.

Thanks

Scott

Now that's what I call a reliable and informative vendor. Thanks for the update and no rush for me. I'll take the last one. :wink:

Ok the gears are finished, :D I did have one casualty but I will be able to finish one more next week pretty easy. The damn castings on the replacement gears are so coarse and uneven that I could not make one look acceptable to me it will work but the timing marks are crap due to the shape. I will sell this one as is"" which is completly functional but not pretty for $100, I would not feel right selling it to any one on the GP unless they were just interested in the discount.

The rest of them are basically ready I need to clean them up some and package them but thats it, as I mentioned before I will be out of town as of about 8 hrs from now, so my question is who is in a hurry for theirs? If you really need it prior to next weekend let me know and I will send yours out. otherwise it will be easier for me to take care of when i get home.

Kelly, quick, thanks for the extra time, I think Monty said he was not in a hurry as well so I will ge these out when I return.

Thanks

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I am shipping all paid in full gears today. If you need to know your balance PM me. I will be sending PMs to let each of you know the tracking #'s, They will go UPS or USPS depending on cost.

Thanks

Scott