2jzgte is going to happen!!!!!!!

Highly Boosted

well I found it. Quest4life came over to give me a hand cus its a little had to let the clutch out while looking at the rear end. pass side inner cv tripod broke cusing the splines to stripe. I wounder what will brake next? Anyone want to take a guess?

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/229/0000780td8.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8606/0000779cq4.jpg

well I did a little looking on the web and found out about bill walls who owns a conquest with a 4g63 and runs high 8's on the IRS he is running dss axles. I will talk to him and hopefully he can teach me a thing or 2. His car hangs the front tires for quite some time. Maybe i should just hang onto the quest a little longer heres a pic of his axle

http://kentuckydsm.com/viewtopic.php?t=729...hlight=conquest

Edited by Highly Boosted

Well I bought some rusty shp springs and I put in my pricey junk shp struts and pulled a 11.7 and a 11.6 at 124mph I also drop my tire psi down to 15psi from 17psi that thing hooked relly good today. Oh ya on the 11.6 pass I had to let off in 3rd gear to regain traction. Lots of fun but it took 5 hours just to make 2 passes. Every one was pissing on the track today if you know what I mean

I bought a complete supra driveshaft with serviceable 1310 spicer u-joints and then redrilled the stock torque tube flange (pinion flange) for the supra bolt patteren. Then I had the shaft shortened and reblanced. I have about 550 stuck into my drive shaft. If you need help getting your flanged redrilled for the ford shaft just let me know cus I can get that done for you pretty cheap through a local friend.

• 3 weeks later...
Its all fine untill you go past 20psi. I want to do a back pressure test to see what that is. But for now Im going to just run my 3in down pipe with a turn down and milk my car out of town to try some more testing. I'll also remove my air filter to see If that is causeing problems

sounds like you are getting there...

if thats one of those ebay turbos, I'd plan on getting a diff turbo. most likely the cause of your boost problems

not to mention do you want to risk your motor on a 200 dollar turbo? a PT67 would be about perfect for an insane street setup (its what i wanted, but ended up wtih a 61, about 300 - 400 rmp lower spool, but at the loss of 100 - 150 HP) Seems like there was a PT67 for sale in the classifieds here for $600ish just recently.

The one thing to deffinately not cheap out on when building a budget car would be the turbo setup..

ETS makes a really sweet Supra setup for way lower then its competition... still too much for me at this point

but it would be nice in a 2JZ starion. ETS Supra Kit

i ended up settling for a used SP budget t61 setup. Not as nice as the ETS but it will get the job done, if i ever get to build my 2JZ Quest!

what trim is the turbine housing? .58 Ptrim may be ok for a quest but this is a 2J motor with long legs. might need to get a larger housing

ok on a is300 with a 2jz with a hair larger turbo and a 68ar at 30 psi on c116 fuel he made just shy of 650WHP and 554tq my hp should be close to the same if my boost would stay the same all the way up to 7k cus a 5grand my boost starts droping. I took off the air filter and put just a screen on and no change. I pulled the exhaust off and just ran the down pipe and no change either. right now it hits 26psi and then falls to 22.9-23.2psi but now its just like a long spike and then it stays at the 23 all the way to 7k