abs and all components

a/c and all components

heater core

back seats

cruise

emissions

tow hooks

full exhaust will take away the weight of the precat and the cat

after that, i don't know what else there is to take out at the moment. i'm kind of sleepy, it's past my bedtime :lol:

my car weighs right at 2840 (on the certified IHRA scales at chassis certification day). With a half tank of gas.

this is with the full interior,spare tire, and the heater still keeps me warm in the winter.

1) all AC equipment

2) all tar based sound deadening

3) ABS removal

4) all factory seat belts (the auto stuff is heavy) (5 points)

5) FG hood

6) lightweight flywheel (people dont think about this..fidanzas and HKS are 20 pounds lighter than stock)

7) early gauge pod is a little lighter, non auto seatbelt console

8 ) the skid plate up front

9) 1983 interior that i put in after i weighed it feels lighter when lifting the front seats one after the other.(cant confirm this though)

all the little stuff (factory air can, no cats, al the bolts that wnet along with the removed stuff, factory fans replaced with lightweight 3000 cfm fan.

im sure there is some other small things but it all adds up, i have not removed door bars or anythign to make the car "less safe" and compared to the stock listed weight i guess everythign combined is over 300 pounds.

Well, Im moving to TX and needed to get a baseline weight for my car empty before I load up.

So here is the question:

What does a quest weigh with

no pass seat

no exhaust beyond pass floorboard

no drive shaft

no bumper or front airdam

no fuel

no glove box

and no interior from the front seats back?

2440!!!!!!!!!

Ohh yeah, the engine and everything are in it. It basically ready to drive minus the fuel.

Its setup with MPI and FMIC. It has antiM coilovers also.

Forgot to mention that the ABS and A/C have been removed.

phil

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTI5NzMxMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTI5NzMwOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTI5NzMxMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

No, my car is ready to be started it has a stock tank with a walbro 255 and upgraded -6 flex and 3/8 steel lines with aeromotive filter and regulator. So yes, its just an empty tank but all there. So Im thinking with lifting everything and just guessing. With the exhaust, bumper and airdam, and driveshaft back on it with some gas couldnt weigh more than 2600! which is way below the weight I as shooting for! I think fuel is the heaviest part of the scenario:lol:

So just need to source some aluminum driveshafts so everyone will ditch the thought of removing the side impact bars!

Holy crap, that's awesome.. Nice SQ by the way, I love the white ones! :D

You've got me really thinking about how much mine weighs now.. Mine is basically stripped like yours, but there's also nothing under the dash except for some wiring. I yanked out all the heater/AC stuff..

Plus, my pop up's are gone. No motors, levers etc.. Hmmn.. I'm not even done lightening it yet either..

I seriously gotta find a scale somewhere.. Don't know where though.. :?

Okay, sorry for all the posts. Its hard to type while riding in a truck. Wereon our way back now from dropping the car of with my folks. It should be rolling through KC anytime now. Anyways I thought Id do a more descriptive list of whats there and whats not.

The car is all stock chassis

Fuel system is all there and upgraded

Full Engine installed with MPI

Aluminum 2.5 IC pipes and 30x12x3 FMIC

mitsu TDO5 on ported stock manifold

Stock Dash with heater and CC controller

Stock Trans

stock flywheel w/ 6puck

Coilovers

2.5 Ex from turbo til the end of the floor pan

Stock Driver seat

Removed

All AC components

ABS

Cruise Control

Charcoal Can and return line

Gas tank empty

No seat belts/motors/tracks

Pass Seat

All interior from the front seats back

Glove Box

Driveshaft

1/2 of exhaust

Bumper and airdam

Without the driver this gave me a 2440lb weight.

Im sure that once the pas seat is back in along with bumper/airdam, exhaust and driveshaft we should be near 2600lb. Just a guess since the stuff didnt seem too heavy to me. Figure 75lb for a not full tank and 200+/- for driver that should bring us close to or over 2900. A lighter driveshaft and hood should definatly help our cause! :wink:

YIPPIE!!!! I finally got to make some use of my car! :lol:

I got 40lbs out by removing the sound deadening (I weighed as much as I could manage to scoop into a box). Might have been more. You could do this and put the carpet and stuff back in if you dont want to tear it out for good.

Wow.. phinko, if that car was 2440lbs.. mine might make it to 2300lbs with the 4G64 and elimination of EVERYTHING.

Hey phinko, is that your daily? how is the noise level inside with everything removed? been thinking baout doing that. HOw much hotter does it get inside the car with all the sound deading gone? or how much noisier si it?

Its not running yet but from previous experience I imagine itll be loud. But this car will be more of a weekend bruiser so Im not to worried about the engine noise. I have another one for my DD duties.

Hey phinko, is that your daily? how is the noise level inside with everything removed? been thinking baout doing that. HOw much hotter does it get inside the car with all the sound deading gone? or how much noisier si it?

for a daily driver you maybe a bit annoyed.. my car is ouder in side then it is outside and in the summer its almost unbearable when the temps get over 90 degrees. Keep in mind my exhaust is as close to the floor as you can get it on hard mounts. So the heat just goes straight to the passengers feet.