plywood speaker box

I hate to chime in in such hostile circumstances....

There are 3 types of enclosures .......

1. Sealed

2. Tuned/ported

3. poorly designed and executed

true statement... period

I think Turborusty is trying to get across about stereo building the same you(Professor) try to get across about engine/performance building...

You can do it easy or you can do it right... It all depends on what means you have available and what you expect out of it.

The fact of the matter is race cars dont have stereos period... It'll always be a compromise in the Quest with the space and weight factor. All depends on what you want out of it.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46091

example of "im more concerned with how this speaker reproduces sound than the weight drawback" -nice lookin box by the way...

Hey..............brain-dead.

There are 3 types of enclosures .......

1. Sealed

2. Tuned/ported

3. poorly designed and executed

Where the hell do you think yours falls?

I can guess, since it's not, 1 or 2

Turborusty

You forgot #4.........you ain't BUILD JACK and love to post your SICK pics to insult people. I saw what you wrote about "phinko" too. :roll: You ATTACK members ALL THE TIME!!! :evil:

I'll share your opinions with burton about his topic.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26367

Justpaus & Burton knows a TON more info than you do. :lol:

I already posted my opinion on the first page of this thread.

PQ's idea will "work" and make sound and definately be better than stock, but for a little extra work and a little extra weight you wil get ALOT better sound.

Oh, and there are only 3 types of enclosures, and also "free-air", but I doubt your speakers are free-air capable.

PQ, you are an outstanding mechanic, and are not afraid to put people who think they're mechanics in their place. Rusty knows his way around an audio system and when he tries to do the same with you, you freak out. What's the deal? you can dish it out but can't take it?

Anyway, Emann420 or Pr4manceman would be the end all answer. They are car audio Gods in my eyes, and I used to work in a high-end audio shop myself.

PQ- Chill out, study up somemore, build a better box and be happier. All you have to do is take your current "enclosure" and build the rest of the box to it.

"What's the deal? you can dish it out but can't take it?"

He hands out nothing but insults via his pics in MY topic.....at first. I don't believe he has REAL music experience nor the experience with building enclosures.

Are the enclosures VENTED......that I have'nt closed them off yet? Tomorrow I'll take the pics of the natural vents that somebody can descide if they want to close them off.

And if you think it needs to be more DENSITY of the enclosures.........you can add as much FG, insulation or wood as you like.

He got it back from all his insults from him. The mail is coming to me to tell him what an a** he is.

Btw......your pics won't come up in your topic.

I saw a pic of an Eclipse on the BS forum that coverd the entire rear hatch

with some pretty cool looking FG......a bunch of speakers too.

There are no natural vents because there was never a natural enclosure in the vehicle.

Therefore, there were never any vents designed for the enclosure or calculated to be the correct size for the enclosure.

If you were to build small enclosures beneath the F/G panel to completely house the speakers then it would work correctly and reproduce sound correctly.

Turborusty

PQ, sorry, I never saw the pic, so I all can go by is you bashing him when it only appeared to me that he was trying to help you.

Like rusty said, your setup isn't an enclosure as it doesn't create a "box", if you will. Your's is a fre-air setup. Those sort of setups require the proper equipment and know-how to be done "right". Even then, every free-air setup I've heard that was done "right" sounded mediocre at best.

If you want my opinion, I'd just make a 5 sided box that will fit between what you made and the bottom of the car, screw it to the bottom of what you have, seal it with some silicon, and slam the piss out of it. If you are a true audiophile, I doubt you'll be happy with what you have now.

Oh, and as far as that thread of mine, not sure how the pics are messed up, I'll look into it. In the meantime.....

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31085

i upgraded my stereo to 8 track hi fi, (thats good right)?

will this speaker arrangement work with it?

Should work famously, that's what this speaker system was designed for.

When you get all you can out of that arrangement, I'll hook you up with a reel-to-reel upgrade. It'll be like going from TBI to MPI.

Maybe add a "Capehart" home-built amp kit to it later on....or a Kraco 40+40 power booster.

AND I QUOTE!!!!!

I have twin 200 watt amps under the plywood on the passanger side under your feet. Radio Shack. Sounds damn good! :wink:

BTW, thanks for posting. It was getting lonely, what with all the crickets chirping in here and stuff.

Turborusty

I use the BOSE in my Porsche (the doors, factory Chevy Corvette x4) and the enclosures sitting on the back seat. 10 lbs each. I have twin 200 watts under the plywood on the passanger side under your feet. (I moved it rearward about 1" to make room for the amps) Radio Shack. Sounds damn good! :wink:

Nothing like surviving the crash only to have the back of your head caved in by a 10 lb. speaker-shaped projectile :roll:

runs a race team...........hmmmmph

I was thinking about adding 6 x 9s. NO WAY! It already sounds PERFECT!

we all know that when it doesn't sound perfect.....adding more 6x9's is the fool-proof way to improve it to audiophile SQ levels

IT SOUNDS GREAT!........SUPER LOUD!........SUPER CLEAR!

I tried the "Low Pass" switch......way too much BASS. Sounded like it will blow the windows right out. "High Pass".......to much tweaters.

"FULL"...........PERFECT!!! :twisted:

I tried it without the insulation at all...........ain't gonna need it!!! :shock:

Low pass for de woooofurs??? weee don neeed no steeeenking low pass for de wooofurs!!!!!!!

I left open the "vents" at the rear. You can close them if you like. :wink:

THEY SOUND AWESOME!!!! :twisted:

I REST MY CASE

and 2 guage power wire on a 200 watt Legacy amp?????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Turborusty