Chad

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Iif you want to make your motor last forever, use a high end steel rod,

This is what I want. Can't afford a rebuild every other year!

That's what I decided to do. Pauter 4340 forged steel. Alamo is selling them with a set of 4 wiseco pistons on ebay for a grand. List is $734 for the rods and $440 or so for the pistons, sometimes higher so I thought the price was right.

Pricing options on these aluminum rods sound great chad but the pics are all dead. ???

I ran out of server room so I pulled the pics (I can email you a few if you want). I think this GP can happen some day, but at any time I doubt we'll put together more than 3 or 4 sets, so the good pricing it really just a dream.

I'll probably purchase some for my own use in mid summer and revitalize this GP then to ge a few others onboard.

for anyone that wants to take this GP on right now, I can turn over the information and they can run a GP on them.

• 2 months later...

Slowly there has been some additional interest in making this happen, shall we actualy start this GP in the next month? :D time to crap or get off the pot. :D

I'm ready to make it happen. I think we can make the 5 set minimum at this point, and anyone else that wants in, thats' just great. Once I get 5 confiremd participants, I'll call the vendor and resubmit the price request (pricing for this stuff varries). We'll figure out the paymet requirements from the vendor, he may require upfront, or there may be a deposit, I'll have no control over that one.

I will not charge any profits, I'll just handle the rods and ship them out at actual cost, probably insured priortiy mail.

I'll update the planned perticipant list on the first page so this post doesn't get buried.

please specify press-fit or floating rods if you want in :!: floating will add slightly to the cost.

Add me to the list, I figure while the engine is apart would be the time to get them, plus I can have the engine shop balance everything at once rather than doing a tear down later.

I have seen some interesting write-ups by respected rod makers that confirm what was said earlier in the thread, that when you use an aluminum rod in a street engine that is designed for more than double the hp it is overkill and that shortened rod life was something back from the 60's and 70's when the technology and new alloys were not around. At the same time, I have not seen any concerns of any premature bearing failure as a result of additional stresses.

Being that this is a "fun" car and not my daily driver I have no worries. On a properly cared for engine I don't see this being an issue at all.

Just let me know the particulars Chad when you find out.

I emailed the manufacturer today, I want to wrap this up!

When he gets back to me with his payment requirements and current pricing I'll post up the info, give it several weeks for members to get their $$ together, and we'll place an order.

I'm thinking 1 month max, but if there are a LOT of members who need extera time, I may be talked into a little longer - but not much.

This will deffinatly not be the never-ending GP.

I'll be handeling the payments and shipping the product.

OK guys, current pricing as of April 24, 2007:

Up To 10 Sets Rods $575.30 Per Set

10 Sets & Up Would Be $504.20 Per Set

3 Weeks Approx Delivery 8)

I'd like to see if we can get 10 sets, but I'm not going to hold the GP up for that.

The payment requirements are 50% down, and 50% when I recive them and ship out to you.

I may accept pay-pal if you want to pay that way, but I will charge a 4% fee to cover the 3% PP fee, and the 1% hastle fee :wink: If you want to go that route, you can send it to chad86tsi@yahoo.com and be sure to give your screen name in the details. I will post a running tally of participants in the first page of those who deposit or pay in full only, if you arent' on that list at the end of the GP, you will be out :oops: .

You will need to have all the $$ available at the end of the GP when we recive them, if one member is late, we all are late, so pay upfront if you can. If we hit the 10+ price break, I'll ccredit you the difference. I'd like to have my rods in-hand withn 5 weeks, so this needs to be all sorted out and comited in the next 2 weeks.

I confirmed, this will be setup for floater pins w/ oil hole, cerated caps, and beairng retainer pin.

Deposit sent, had to use PayPal, sorry :?

Couple questions, will these be compatible with the same ARP bolts that are used on our stock rods? Or are they going to require something different? Also, same question about the bearings, stock? or something different also?

Thanks Chad :)

It comes with it's own ARP's included.

I'll have to get back to you on the bearings, it' was setup for stockers, but I need to ask about to be 100% certain.

Participants that are comited to buy

1: Chad < paid in full

2: Csdisme < paid 1/2 (deposit)

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

Wow, I knew there wouldnt be a ton of people jumping in, but this is ridiculous :P

Anyone else interested :?: :?: :?:

I'm still interested in this - there's some unclaimed monies on the account so I'm holding off on sending more. Chad you can PM me - I would probably send money order to save the 4% on this one.

pt26

Chad

PostPosted: April 24, 2007, 11:10 pm Post subject

I will post a running tally of participants in the first page of those who deposit or pay in full only, if you arent' on that list at the end of the GP, you will be out :oops: .

You will need to have all the $$ available at the end of the GP when we recive them, if one member is late, we all are late, so pay upfront if you can. If we hit the 10+ price break, I'll ccredit you the difference. I'd like to have my rods in-hand withn 5 weeks, so this needs to be all sorted out and comited in the next 2 weeks.

Just curious if we are holding to the time frame. The reason I ask is, 2 weeks from April 24th puts the cut off around the 8th and there are a number of people that have shown interest and I would hate to see anyone left out that wants these.

Not enough members to make this happen, it is canceled.

A refund has been sent Cullen

For the record, it does not have any clearance issues in a block on my engine stand, I tried a stock piston, wiseco, and a JE.